Game-Labs Forum

I made a journey till Tumbado and then i was without repairs so i thought to use my trader lynx to tale some at Arenas....nothing all empty, then i moved to Sisal...all empty, nothing no upgrade, books,  no ships, just trading resources

im pretty sure that other places are in the same situation and is a shame because i'm sure that many clan in different factions, would love to have a place to stay.

So my idea is why dont use the raid fleet like a sort of Popular Liberation Front?

the storyline could be that in empty ports, where players dont put contracts or sell ships,  a  at the end of the month the governor dont reach a goal and so ask residents more taxes at this point we have riots and  the residents start to be unhappy and  the port become neutral defended by the PLF fleet.

You could make a sort of connection  between how big the faction is and the monthly goal that every port must reach before having a riot.

In this way clans have to organize themself for more commerce in these ports more  upgrades, more ships on sale, resources and so on. If they are not able to take care of all ports could give them to an other clan, so also little  clans could have an own a port maybe just defeatinf the PLF fleet that is a lil more  manageable respect  a top player PB fleet.

The funny thing is that if people start to sink traders that are going in these ports, that  could help to dont reach the goal and then pushing the ports on riot.

The bad thing is that people with alts  could start to make a fake commerce to avoid the riots selling and buyng things in the same port.

what you think?

Edited by Conte D. Catellani
  • Like 2

I would like to have economy impacts like in Pirates!. Cities need traders to prosper, the more trade, the better prices they offer for crafted goods, while poor cities offer cheap simple products like corn or coconut. 

Economic warfare is an option then.

If you need a certain supply of goods as upkeep for the port investments, owning large empires can be a lot of work. If the supply (ai and players) is not sufficient, the efficiency of investment shall decrease and finally the investment is removed.

• Like 1

Perhaps someday there will be an age of sail game with an interwoven player driven economy.  Ports require material, resources, goods, services to remain productive.  Manpower and finance is critical to a nations strength.  Even a powerful country like Russia can be strangled and brought to it's knees by killing trade to it's ports.  I would love it.  Many others would also.

But that is not this game.  Naval Action is based around combat.  The focus is on lots of fights that happen easily, quickly and frequently.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Macjimm said:

Perhaps someday there will be an age of sail game with an interwoven player driven economy.  Ports require material, resources, goods, services to remain productive.  Manpower and finance is critical to a nations strength.  Even a powerful country like Russia can be strangled and brought to it's knees by killing trade to it's ports.  I would love it.  Many others would also.

But that is not this game.  Naval Action is based around combat.  The focus is on lots of fights that happen easily, quickly and frequently.

With a larger server population, you find enough people for every role to be fulfilled. Some make their beloved pew-pew, others do the organization, trading, management, strategic planning, etc, etc... why reduce it to pew-pew? The more is possible, the more attraction is executed to various play styles...

And yes, you can do it all. No restrictions to a single role, like in predefined careers on POTBS.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

Some make their beloved pew-pew, others do the organization, trading, management, strategic planning, etc, etc... why reduce it to pew-pew?

Cetric,

I would be very pleased if you were correct.  Trading and strategy is more interesting that arcade style combat.

From what I understand;  The NA game mechanics are limited.  There are limits on number of objects, calculations, players, NPCs etc.  The Admin/Devs have said that they are focused on the pew-pew, and other games allow more detailed trading.  I've never played PTOBS, but I'm guessing that the experience of sailing  wasn't nearly as realistic as NA.  The videos of combat look somewhat cartoon like.  Not sure if there is much point comparing clip art to a photo, or Donkey Kong to ARMA3.  

Edited by Macjimm
  • Like 1

Sure POTBS sucks in every respect in comparison to NA, from combat to ship looks. But it had nice towns and lots of (NPC) people to interact with.

We should not forget it has aged meantime, after 12 years of existence. It also gives a good lesson that economy is dying when people are missing who provide the merchandise for auctions.

Sad.

Good part of my suggestions do not need new graphics, characters, whole worlds... comparable features of POTBS. Just additional game features which produce as little as some new tables, screens with options to chose, and such. Not that big impossible thing I think. Always stuff which can attract more people beyond the pew-pew faction.

• Like 1