Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
adishee

'Historical' Submod of J&P Rebalance mod, release thread

Yes, as I said in my previous post, this was patched a couple of days ago in the newest version (1.2.hf.2). Forgive, I would have warned you to patch, but you said you had upgraded to the latest version so I thought you were good.

Really, I don't understand what could be causing that bug then. Unless I uploaded the wrong version of the mod. Hmm. @i64man If you join the J&P discord and come to the submods section, I can help you sort this out.

Edited by adishee

@adishee I don't think that I installed the first hotfix.... I am going to restore the game files and then reinstall the mod files and hot fixes.... I let you know

• Like 1

@adishee it's all good... somehow I missed installing the second hotfix. Had to reply 1st bull run but now everything is fine...getting ready for Shiloh. My only problem is that I only have 1 corps with 22 beds... I can  create another one, but have no officers....still have 3,000+ soldiers,but not enough for the 48 beds needed... oh well!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, i64man said:

@adishee it's all good... somehow I missed installing the second hotfix. Had to reply 1st bull run but now everything is fine...getting ready for Shiloh. My only problem is that I only have 1 corps with 22 beds... I can  create another one, but have no officers....still have 3,000+ soldiers,but not enough for the 48 beds needed... oh well!

@i64man I'm very happy to hear that you got it working correctly, and that now your only problems are not winning :). 

I've attempted to correct the problem of not enough officers by making it a function of Logistics career, although I'm not actually sure this is working correctly (hard to measure). If you put more Log points, you should get more officers -- but this extra amount will only come after a major battle so it's not instant.

In my current Union campaign with a healthy amount of Log, I've been able to keep enough officers on the field to pretty much use up all my recruit supply. So it is possible. This is part of the equation of making the game harder, too: you can't lose those officers, they are valuable and hard to replace. So you have to make battle decisions that reflect your camp situation.

Keep the feedback coming, I love to hear how it's going. Cheers.

ps - might push a new update soon but it won't break anything, just some balance tweaks. Although 1.2.hf.2 seems pretty stable at least.

@adishee I will keep you informed on the campaign..... what I might try, since generals are so important, is to disband at least 2 divisions that have generals and use them to create a second corps, that way I have 2x corps commanders....most of my divisions have 1 star generals in charge

• Like 1