Game-Labs Forum

Grenades and fire chance

Kulturni

Question

The game offers three different flavours of Grenade Upgrades - "Basic", "Sea Service" and "Ceramic" (listed in order of increased effect on the "Grenades" variable). In addition to "Grenades" and the "Explosive Power" parameters - which are obviously beneficial - the grenade upgrades also have an effect on fire chance through the "Fire Probability" and "Fire Resistance" parameters (they increase the former and reduce the latter).

The player community (at least that part I have interacted with) seems to assume that the "fire" parameters are negative - that they relate to the chance of your own ship catching fire (presumably this could happen at any stage of the battle, not just boarding, since the mere carriage of the grenades would make you more prone to catching fire).

Is this interpretation correct? Do ALL grenade "enhancements" come with an increased chance of your own ship catching fire? Or does the increased risk of fire refer to the enemy ship during boarding? I have never seen an  enemy ship catch fire during boarding - but I am not all that experienced ...

I am HOPING for a definitive response from the devs - but if anyone is absolutely sure he/she knows the answer then I'll accept that as a consolation prize 🙂 

2 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Kulturni said:

The game offers three different flavours of Grenade Upgrades - "Basic", "Sea Service" and "Ceramic" (listed in order of increased effect on the "Grenades" variable). In addition to "Grenades" and the "Explosive Power" parameters - which are obviously beneficial - the grenade upgrades also have an effect on fire chance through the "Fire Probability" and "Fire Resistance" parameters (they increase the former and reduce the latter).

The player community (at least that part I have interacted with) seems to assume that the "fire" parameters are negative - that they relate to the chance of your own ship catching fire (presumably this could happen at any stage of the battle, not just boarding, since the mere carriage of the grenades would make you more prone to catching fire).

Is this interpretation correct? Do ALL grenade "enhancements" come with an increased chance of your own ship catching fire? Or does the increased risk of fire refer to the enemy ship during boarding? I have never seen an  enemy ship catch fire during boarding - but I am not all that experienced ...

I am HOPING for a definitive response from the devs - but if anyone is absolutely sure he/she knows the answer then I'll accept that as a consolation prize 🙂 

You have more chance to get on fire when enemy shooting you