Game-Labs Forum

LOKI BATTLES AND TROLLS  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Should LOKI Battles be able to surrender to deny a fight?

2. 2. Should LOKI Battles be able to escape to deny a fight?

I need to surrender or I will stop using them. When I use Loki and join in a ship that is demasted, severely decrewed or close to sinking, then I surrender to speed things up. Usually if I'm able I sail towards the enemy player and surrender. I just want to leave as soon as possible, but I want the player to have easy access to sink/loot the ship.

The main issue imo for loki rune is players joining and just sailing away. This is a real issue, so in all OW PvE battle I now rake/chain the AI just in case xD
Why anyone would do this I do not understand, except for in hostility missions. And this is a potential exploit, defending nation joining and just sailing away to deny those flipping the points the hostility of that ship.

• Like 1

Loki should be removed. In Capital zones, players should be safe from PvP (i.e.Loki) intrusions, so they can grind to open slots, test cannon arrangement, get the 'feel' of new ships, etc. Not all ships are ready for combat in capital waters. 

The Loki concept is unnecessary, and should be totally removed.

• Like 3

On a PvP server you should welcome any surprise factor, and Loki Rune is one of them, if not the biggest.

People playing here I calculate have nothing against fighting players, else they would be on PvE server; so their jumping into NPC ships seems legitimate. In case Loki user is surrendering the ship it means even a gift to him.

Exploits like sailing away, particularly for ruining hostility mission success, however have to get removed. Why not disable hostility missions in general for use with loki? Or introduce that circle of death from patrol zone so sailing away means end of ship (also a gift to the other side doing hostility).

Loki are great for a learning tool for the person using it. They normally put you in a tuff spot and you the loki have to try to make the best of it, with no repairs mind you. I understand people saying they are annoying and can agree to a point but just always remember the loki doesn't have repairs just and run if it is to much.

It is very tedious being a 30% sails while someone practices their mast sniping. It's a waste of my time.

Same with those PvE players who chain, then run away and try to kill you from miles away. It's a waste of my time.

Hurry up with killing folks and I won't leave or surrender but some players test your patience and I'd much rather reroll.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Burmistrz Pucka said:

There are better options than simple YES/NO.

First, ask yourself why there is surrender option? Well, so the player doesn't have to be forced to stay in battle. It's one of the options to "leave" the battle. Same goes to the traditional "escape" option. Now, these options are one-sided and alternate the way normal AI works. There should be simply 1 option to leave Loki battle and then AI would take back control of the ship. Block Surrender/Escape options and simply add leave options.

I really think if you are going to try and ruin someone's AI battle then there should be a chance its you that gets ruined. I have had so many dickheads in my battles that sail off with the ship or do some other dumb shit to be the biggest pain in the ass possible , the first thing anyone in an AI battle should do now is chain the AI down so when a loki player does enter he cant do anything.

The loki rune basically has always been a griefing tool. When the complaints centered around players who just wanted to go after ai ships to grind for experience it was perfectly fine. It was ok that these players were suddenly thrust into a pvp match that was not their choosing. So now that the other side of the coin is occurring there is a problem? Now that the loki rune is being used to deny a player of a kill instead of being used to kill it is a problem?  The hypocritical views of the community never ceases to surprise me. 

The loki rune should have been removed a long time ago, at least now it seems the community had become aware of the many ways it is used to harass players instead of improve the game.

• Like 1

Apparently LOKI can join AI PB's as we had some join tonight at Marcobo.  Thought they wouldn't be allowed since they can't join Hostliity.  I actually don't mind LOKI if they fight, but guys that are trolling and just runnning to keep you from having a kill are making it not fun.  I get the reason some have postead as I 9 times out of 10 I'm in a sinking ship and it's silly that I was even sent.  Hell I been loki into a sinking ship while there was a fully health AI ship in the battle.  Which might of been good as I would of destroyed that player as he was very wounded.   

I also thin k rewards should be something more if you kill a LOKI in battle.   Maybe a special loot chest drop in the LOKI ship.

Notice the three ships, three LOKIS in a PORT BATTLE and one escapes.  What I'm told is the one that sunk actually fought, the other two ran.

5283B2AFEE716BDF1566E469A14F2702E2ECDEF8

• 2 weeks later...

i feel there needs to be some kind of reward to survive / kill enemies in a battle with loki rune to keep players from just sailing away without leaving, or just surrendering the ship once they enter. Also how unbalanced the join can be, already half full of water with no structure or joining a even fight with full hp from the start, there shouldn't be anything con about dying.

And of course it should be a cosmetic reward that does not affect a player/ship in some kind of performance. Maybe you can get some token if you leave a battle, even get 2 extra token for each kill, 1 for each assist etc. Reward could be a unique flag or paint skin, even develop it so you get the token for the faction you help in battle. So if you are british, get loki say 25 pirate tokens, you get a british flag themed towards pirates, maybe a privateer flag or some sort (example RN Ensign of the Henry Morgan era).

@admin and others, thoughts on the idea? it would give a reason to fight or leave the battle not wasting peoples time, yes you can still waste peoples time, but then add so if you are still inside the battle and haven't left 2-3 minutes after you could leave you lose the chance of that token.

This removes the reason to keep people intentionally in battle to grief with the risk of not getting a reward for doing it. It also gives a great reason to actually fight the player for extra token and help the other npc, and even if you don't want to you get a reward if you can manage to leave the battle.

Edited by erelkivtuadrater