Game-Labs Forum

Quarantine Stories

admin

Australia has banned all large gatherings of 500 or more ppl, and our major sports leagues are planning to play in empty stadiums.

People are going crazy over toilet paper though. Of all things, I would've thought the dry, non-perishable foodstuffs would've been first to go...

Edited by Isaac J Smith
  • Like 1

I bought some Corona beers in Belgium to get immunity. I am a fair user Abbaye de Leffe, they will pray for me to avoid buying Mort Subite.

In case of emergency, man can also use Pils, available without medical prescription.

• Like 4

Connecticut has partially shut down, and the state government has been shown to be ill prepared for this pandemic. Granted I don't think many states in the US are "ready" but responses from a few states have certainly been faster and more efficient in their resources.

Every school in a 25 mile radius from where I live is closed until mid/late April (and the universities/colleges have gone into 'online only or closed' for the rest of the semester), multiple companies have decided to have all their employees work from home. the commute to work today was empty...no traffic. Work is allowing folks to work from home for a set period but "encouraged" everyone to keep going to work. which is why I'm here on the Naval Action forums instead!

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 1

I actually didn't work for 1 month in totale and its not over yet.

After the 2 week of holidays ( i work in a school) , my country ( Oise in France ) became a "cluster". (All school closed , people work from if they can)

All this start after a men with the coronavirus stay in the reanimation service in my city hospitale without bein detected he got it+ the military airport of the city get contaminated (They are the soldier operated for the evacuation of the french people living in Wuhan)

Edited by Lt Sekiro
  • Sad 1

Funny thing is that the first days here at home has not been quiet at all. 

Besides taking care of my normal work, I also has to be a schoolmaster for both kids. 😎

And mrs - who has to go to work -  expect laundry to be fixed and diner to be made as well 🤣

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, braumeister said:

Besides taking care of my normal work, I also has to be a schoolmaster for both kids. 😎

And mrs - who has to go to work -  expect laundry to be fixed and diner to be made as well 🤣

Don't let her come home....She's a potential plague carrier...

20 minutes ago, braumeister said:

Kids are just small workers... force them to grind NA!!

11 minutes ago, Sir John said:

Connecticut has a toilet paper shortage right now... yeah, don't really know how to feel about that, hah.

Another Connecticut(ian?) here.  My school closed indefinitely today...  no gatherings of over 100 people, either.

The US is definitely not ready, though people are starting to take things more seriously.

My friends in the medical field inform me that there is still a serious shortage in respirators and other critical hospital equipment that will begin to show itself when more cases start coming in...  the CDC's decisions about testing kits and testing requirements also baffle me.  But, things could certainly be worse.  My best wishes to everyone in China, Iran, South Korea, Italy, and other countries in similar emergency situations!

Yep, Fairfield county, Norwalk area. thankfully stocked up on paper towels and toilet paper beforehand *whew.*

I am in Portland, Oregon.  

State: Governor has pretty much shut everything down now - schools closed for 2 weeks minimum, no gatherings in public over 250 people. No Water/Sewer disconnections are allowed for non-payment, trying to come up with a way to prevent foreclosure and eviction for non-payment.  All state colleges have gone to electronic format for foreseeable future.  

I work for a Primary Steel Producer with operations in Eastern Europe, Russia, Canada, and the US.   We are on a 100% travel ban to anywhere, limiting meeting size to as few as possible, social distancing (1 meter minimum).  If people are returning from Vacations that had them travel, they are asking the person to take an extra 3 days off to verify they are not sick. We have asked our cleaning services to increase cleaning of high touch areas.   We are also fighting a ransomware attack that crippled our network infrastructure so that has also caused issues, especially for me, as in my role i am very dependent on computer as well as travel. 

Locally: We are seeing a massive shortage of supplies - paper goods - toilet paper, paper towels, diapers, etc.  Cleaning supplies - bleach, vinegar, sprays of all types.   Dry goods - beans, soups, rice, etc are also in extremely limited supply and canned goods are starting to dwindle as well.   

I shoot competitive billiards as a hobby and all local major tournaments are being cancelled, some smaller events are still happening, but most people are beginning to withdraw and stay home.   

I personally have already begun the process of self isolation as I am an immune compromised individual on the level of a cancer patient.  I have limited my travels extremely to only going to my office, home, and to very limited locations.  I order my groceries ahead and pick them up curbside.  I order my medicines ahead and pick them up curbside as well. 

I honestly am not fearful of myself or what i do, i'm fearful of those who don't do the simple and basic things - washing their hands frequently, daily showers, clean clothing/bedding, housekeeping, etc. Oregon's homeless and drug addicted population is our weakness, also how "open" everyone here is in how they live their lives and total disregard for anyone telling them how to live their lives.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GraveThunder said:

washing their hands frequently, daily showers, clean clothing/bedding, housekeeping,

None of these things actually make a difference. 

A homeless person is less likely to get the virus because they are more isolated from the rest of society. 

Personal hygiene makes no difference. Its the air you breath. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

Personal hygiene makes no difference. Its the air you breath. 

Wrong my dude, touching anything that is infected and then touching your face for example is common way to catch this or most common viruses. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Never said:

Wrong my dude, touching anything that is infected and then touching your face for example is common way to catch this or most common viruses. 

He’s right you know. It has been confirmed airborne with a 14 day survival period outside the human body. Not just aerosolized, AIRBORNE.