Game-Labs Forum

What ship types have you found yet?

FailKnight

I am trying to make a list of all ship classes currently in game (or at least the campaigns), but since I didn't keep meticulous records during my own campaigns and am also composing overviews for all the naval guns I would like to ask all you guys for aid.

Currently, of the top of my head, I have bought/captured/fought the following:

3rd Rate Bellona class
3rd Rate Ardent class

5th Rate Diana class
5th Rate Hermione class
5th Rate Dedaigneuse class
5th Rate Unity class (Which is suprisingly weak compared to other 5th Rates)

6th Rate Cerberus class
6th Rate Porcupine class
6th Rate Sloop of War

7th Rate Brig
7th Rate Sloop
7th Rate Snow
7th Rate Armed Sloop

Unrated cutter
Unrated merchant ship (1000 weight)
Unrated merchant ship (1200 weight)
Unrated merchant ship (390 weight)

and I vaguely remember another 5th Rate of a different class, but I cannot recall its class name, so perhaps I have at sea too long.
Have you found any other ships, or do you just want to discuss a certain class? Leave a message!

4th Rate Razée (1400tons, 48 guns, 23ton gun capacity on the lower deck, same as Ardent class, sufficient for Woolwich 43pounder)

5th Rate Endymion class (the largest 5th Rate at 1500tons, larger then the Razée and with 52 guns, seems to me to be a 5th Rate SOL but with frigate speed and 3D model)

What is the Bellona class like? I have yet only seen Ardent 3rd Rates.

Edited by TBRSIM

Bellona is the better third rate it seems, though it seems they feature only once for each campaign for now. Its third deck mounts 28 guns up to weight 28, so 32pdr Long Borgards can be placed here as well as 42pdr Woolwich and other 32pdr's. Its second deck of again 28 guns is capped at weight 19 or 20, so 24pdr Woolwich, 18pdr iron guns or 32pdr congreve or 42pdr caronne can go here. The upper deck is 22 guns of max weight 8, so some 9pdr brass guns or 18pdr carronades are the heaviest to be placed there.

Its total weight limit is 2200, with a hull of 2500, sails of 3000, 8200 planking, being 28" on the sides, 22" on the bow and 11" at the stern. Optimal crew is 675, but it can go to 980. Its turns and acceleration are slightly worse than an Ardent class, but in the speed department it is fairly close to matching the Ardent, though that worsens of course if you load both to capacity.

All in all it is a meaner version of the Ardent.