Game-Labs Forum

War correspondent

Hey all

I've been missing @Jeheil a lot, as in a whole lot, and since the WG isn't as regular as I would like I'm going to be making a weekly update on youtube, discussing the current state of RvR and current events.

First off I'll try to make it unbiased, I'll still call the swedes meatballs, the russians borsjt, the prussians bratwursts, the US cheeseburgers, the brits fish'n'chips, the dutch tulips (I really need a cuisine for the dutch, haven't the dutch made a single dish worth eating?!!), the french croissants, the spanish paellas, the danish sausages, the pirates shouldn't be a nation so they'll be denominated pirates and the PL is a dead faction so I'll just refer to them as the PL.

If any1 has stuff they'd like to have implemented, advice, articles etc. then drop me a mail and I'll see if I can include it. I'll have a link below as soon as I'm allowed to upload videos on my youtube channel and everyone shouldn't look at the videos, I can recommend just listening since.. well I'm crap at new technologies so there's no special effects.

Kind regards

Lars Kjaer

Btw: I'll make a weekly update every Sunday uploaded on Mondays, first video will ofc be on a Tuesday!

EDIT: Link to the channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_e6aWXKEdhNcb_83pGfsFA

Thx @Beeekonda :)

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Latron said:

I'm sorry but I can't possibly imagine you doing such a thing while remaining unbiased.

Jeheil wasn't entirely unbiased either.  There is however no one doing the sort of content he used to do and I think myself and many other players from PVP1 miss checking in on mondays and watching his vids.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Lars Kjaer said:

Hey all

I've been missing @Jeheil a lot, as in a whole lot, and since the WG isn't as regular as I would like I'm going to be making a weekly update on youtube, discussing the current state of RvR and current events.

First off I'll try to make it unbiased, I'll still call the swedes meatballs, the russians borsjt, the prussians bratwursts, the US cheeseburgers, the brits fish'n'chips, the dutch tulips (I really need a cuisine for the dutch, haven't the dutch made a single dish worth eating?!!), the french croissants, the spanish paellas, the danish sausages, the pirates shouldn't be a nation so they'll be denominated pirates and the PL is a dead faction so I'll just refer to them as the PL.

If any1 has stuff they'd like to have implemented, advice, articles etc. then drop me a mail and I'll see if I can include it. I'll have a link below as soon as I'm allowed to upload videos on my youtube channel and everyone shouldn't look at the videos, I can recommend just listening since.. well I'm crap at new technologies so there's no special effects.

Kind regards

Lars Kjaer

Btw: I'll make a weekly update every Sunday uploaded on Mondays, first video will ofc be on a Tuesday!

good luck i also miss those vids they were great but please be yourself, every pie you make should come with seasoning or else it ends up simply bland.

Great initiative! I have a soft spot for this kind of metacontent, just as with the Gazette. And don't really care if you are biased, as long as it's done with a bit of humour and style. The latter might be a bit much to ask from you and Stauney though, but I guess you deserve a chance... ;P

At some stage you need to invite Massimo or Ita on as special guests over skype or something - I bet they'll make Moscalb look obese..

Edited by Spiffy
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Lars Kjaer said:

Hey all

Kind regards

Lars Kjaer

Jeheil was and is a man of honour. I have fought with and against him and never have I read or heard anything rash or unfair about him.
Lars Kjaer... it won't be easy for you to keep up. You are a good player and if you take Jeheil's example in terms of restraint in the game and communication, I will be very happy to read your news and assessments.  

22 hours ago, Lars Kjaer said:

swedes meatballs, prussians bratwursts,,  US cheeseburgers, brits fish'n'chips, dutch tulips, french croissants, spanish paellas and the danish sausages, the pirates shouldn't be a nation so they'll be denominated pirates and the PL is a dead faction so I'll just refer to them as the PL.

I'm sure it will be classy. :)

Buster (aspirin prepped for head slapping.)

Edited by Busterbloodvessel
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Latron said:

I'm sorry but I can't possibly imagine you doing such a thing while remaining unbiased.

Then come on the TS and do an interview :D

5k dubs and a bottle of rum.

9 hours ago, Staunberg🇩🇰 said:

We have lots of humor

Well.. You do provide a certain comic value, but perhaps of the more unintentional kind? Puheleeeeease Lars, bring Stauney on as your sidekick for a show? You might just have unearthed Karl Pilkington reincarnate!

• Like 1

Hey all

I have made the first iteration of a video. It is actually my very first video and I had a couple of missed attempts... apparently you have to engage you're mic in order to be heard in the video.... Well I will try to make it a bit more viewer friendly in the future. It's a bit longwinded and I'll try to rein in my elaborate details for the future.

Any and all ideas/suggestions for improvements will be much appreciated. As for those who doesn't have a full gundeck - you can hello kitty off :D

11 minutes ago, Liq said:

Nice but 37 minutes is a tad too long IMHO

Also would be nice to have timestamps in comments

I'll ehm.. I'll see how I make timestamps for the next one.. The future videos will be 20 mins or below, in regard to the lenght of the video I'll be very happy to get some feedback on how long ppl think is the sweetspot - too short and a lot of things gets left out, too long and a lot of things gets boring.

And I'll do a bit of editing.. I need to learn how Jeheil drew lines on a map fx.. and how to use a pic for the video with voiceover so ppl don't have to see me navigating between windows..

6 minutes ago, Staunberg🇩🇰 said:

Think you need to help him on that one. He needed help to upload.

U didn't have to tell everyone that...

13 hours ago, Lars Kjaer said:

I'll ehm.. I'll see how I make timestamps for the next one.. The future videos will be 20 mins or below, in regard to the lenght of the video I'll be very happy to get some feedback on how long ppl think is the sweetspot - too short and a lot of things gets left out, too long and a lot of things gets boring.

And I'll do a bit of editing.. I need to learn how Jeheil drew lines on a map fx.. and how to use a pic for the video with voiceover so ppl don't have to see me navigating between windows..

Well done, its harder than it looks.

I think he used Microsoft Powerpoint or something similar and prepared a few simple slides for use during the vid.  I think the use of Powerpoint gave the video structure, he had set topics he updated for example (and just from memory):

• Position at the end of last week.
  • RvR and politics since last vid.
  • Game news, patches and the like.
  • PvP and RvR hotspots expected in the next week.

This was the first one you produced so its going to be longer as you covered quite a lot of ground.

I played it at 1.25x speed, it was a bit snappier.

I found out where the Danish Nation are on the map too ;)

Buster (always learning and forgetting)

Edited by Busterbloodvessel
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Busterbloodvessel said:

Thx mate, I've noted the structure and I'll add it to my own.

And for others: I'd really like ss of every PB during the week, the most important will be added to the news and the others will get an honourable mention!

Kind regards

Lars Kjaer