Game-Labs Forum

More Perk points

Suggestion:

• More perk points.
    • Perk XP above current levels should be huge and slow to get, but should still accumulate and allow very (very) experienced players to have additional perk points

Rationale

• provides an additional layer of game play for extremely experienced players
  • IRL if I was very very experienced why wouldn't I have good relationships with port authorities as well as being equipped militarily

3 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Making them even harder to beat. 

If someone is going out PVPing, they already have the perks setup.  They will be no harder to beat because they will already have that set-up

Really all this suggestion saves is the tedium of resetting perks when you are in trading mode or fighting mode. (plus the 500 dubs it costs to do the reset)

2 hours ago, Kubrat said:

Suggestion:

• More perk points.
    • Perk XP above current levels should be huge and slow to get, but should still accumulate and allow very (very) experienced players to have additional perk points

Rationale

• provides an additional layer of game play for extremely experienced players
  • IRL if I was very very experienced why wouldn't I have good relationships with port authorities as well as being equipped militarily

No. Please settle for having max magical powers. 

I would not mind either having 1 more perk point, having the sextant perk for free or having Fleet2 cost 5 instead of 6 points. That way traders who want to use 3 additional ships can still see where they are on the map.

I think they should re balance the perks.  Some of them are useless (admiralty connections for instance.  Reduced crew purchase cost is meaningless).  Some are almost mandatory for PVP.

If they really want to change up the perk system, bring back the officers from a while back.  Make it so that you have two officers, with ways to get more.  You can assign it to an outpost or to a ship.  Make perks only apply to where that officer is present and resets harder to get.  That way perks are more meaningful, can be tailored to what you want, and are more engaging.

People should be thinking of ways to make it easier for very/relatively new players to compete before we think about ways to make it easier for vets who already have every advantage imho.

Edited by Potemkin
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...