Game-Labs Forum

Upcoming Alpha-5

10 hours ago, uwu said:

That's not a good idea at all, i don't mind if they add crew like in War Thunder where they have model and they are animated and stuff but no need for some tiring system or moral system or anything like that, cuz it's just DUMB! 

I disagree, a system like that would not only be realistic but also adds another dimension to gameplay. Its no longer the ship you have to worry about but the people who run it as well. If some of her weaps or large hull breaches occur then the crew should get demoralised and maybe even panic especially when they see other ships go down, although if they are vets that could fill somekind of determination meter or revenge kind of thing to make them work harder or whatever.

Also the opposite could occur if your ships end up blowing some of theirs out of the water then that could boost crew morale and also make them less tired and could even enhance gunnery reload etc.

And for battle duration could maybe make them tired but we will see what kind of impacts they should have.

Frankly i want to see a crew system since it makes the game far less arcadey overall and also adds another level of strategy and immersion to the game overall which i think is always important.

Not sure if crew should be implemented in different ways, i mean a captain shouldn't really panic as badly as say, regular shiprates or whatever since who know if he starts going mental the rest of the crew will most likely follow suit (then you could add a underling who takes over and boosts morale or the crew performs a mutiny).

This will be a system that will take several alphas to get right, so i would wait for sometime before its up and running.

• Like 5

Crew experience also very important. I think if you train them, like shooting at different targets, and doing excercises (how to put out fire on the ship, etc...), these will increase their experience, and they can put out fire, reload guns, etc... quicker. Or another idea, doing cruise for a few month would increase their strength against seasickness. 

• Like 2

Dear Steeltrap, with fully dissagree what I´m trying to convey is that inmho no option to scuttle must be implemented at all...that you, by chance of a scrapping option (that should be in otherwise it is going to be a mess) could be happy and that's fine to you... then nice and great...

after some serius hought i belive that scuttle a vessel must not be an option, unless we could block enemy ports (that I do really doubt we will be able to do)...,from my point of view scuttling of a navy vessel is a result of the imposibility of rescuing her, so similar to being sunk that why we have to  difference both.

Imagine after a battle you have won you have an impaired BB, just giving 5 knts and all mains out of action; 60% crew casualties. you take your fleet back to base but enemy forces are chasing you so you think on sinking the BB and run away to fight another day...detach the damed BB from the fleet and you will have the same result...you lost a BB and save the fleet. Agree that you could argue "but i could save the crew"...but are you certain than that will affect the game?.... great you care for the pixel sailors and their families but they are willing to sacrifice their lives for a Greater Good of trying to save your vessel...you have a Navy of lets say 300.000 personnel, keeping 300 guys highly shocked and with a PTSS really would made the things better?...it is not that I dont have any feelings but...as Stalin said..." 1 death is a tragedy, 1000 are statistics"...they will be always worth expended trying to save your vessel if there is a chance (and remenber, hope  was the demon that doesn't scape fom pandora's box). Another thing will be if you told me that you would like to have the game implementing a random posiblity so a damaged vessel could sunk in "the return to base" voayage (by weather or uncontrollabe damage)...there I will agree with you that would be great to have it in the game.

Exactly, Gessineau is a good example of how a Navy must act...you dont scuttle (on purpose or as an option) ships while at war...dont even scrap them...you try whatever is needed to have then back in operation...or to make your enemy belive she is operational again (there is the return to all the cost, cause you are doing your enemy to pay dearly to countermessure)...and, sorry to tell you but if you dont have drydocks then you dont have a Navy...

Rio de la plata action is the only example that made me doubt of my view about the scuttling thing...sumarizing..your captian made a mistake and escapes to a neutral port, your admiral (that's our position in the game i guess) told you to go outside and fight the odds (ala Cervera at Santiago Cuba), but your captian taking the full responsability scuttled the vessel... and to avoid being dishonored took his own bullet...well, this circuntance, as human as it is,  is too weir to waste the coding to be implemented...cause the result for you as Admiral if they fought incredible odds or scuttle the vessel is the same... no vessel and no crew.

Dear Reaper Jack, I strongly doubt the IJN get that of "at least we save the crews" in mind when they told the crews to abandone death AIRCRAFT CARRIERS( I writte it in capitals to remenber to add later that they were sinking without any enemy vessel around shoothing at them, if not for sure they would have ended ala Bismark), i guess it was something like "shit, the ship is lost, we get out of here or we will burn ourself with she"... with the Akagi they fought like crazy to savage her but they had to finally desist an was abandoned too... (interesting enough that the Admiral Yamaguchi, "in all the bets sucessor to Yamamoto" and the best aircraft carrier operational officer in the IJN, decided to stay onboard the Hiryu and go to the deeps with her)...imho, yorktown is the real example of why a navy decided to scuttled a vessel, not because the crew or the cost or whatever...but could you imagine the yorktown under the IJN flag?

Dear the rest of you that want a morale and tiring modelation...unless we could have mutinies on our vessels it will be broken...now seriously...i could understand training (experiance/efficiency) cause on the long run of a war is something that will be downgrading fast with casualties and losses (and no way it could be minimaized by rescuing the crew belive me, think it twice please...)...but tiring ??about what? being at sea?, If i recall well, Nelson fleet was one year and a half without stop at any port before Trafagar, that is what sailors do... sorry but tire will be some other personnel that use to live near the port when my guys arrive after a year at sea...morale...yeah that was the thing that put an end to russia and the whole WW1... but it is arguable that if that was due of being 2 years at port and then ordered to go an fight againts a giant enemy fleet or by the political movements that were spreading at that time ( I think was the inactivity) any how...from the point of view of this poor fellow ( that is me) we will almost have the same result if inactivity affects experience (without an intermediete little thing like "moral" on between),... but, if we going to have mutinies then it will be ok to have moral.

Dear developers, where is the update..it is in quarenteen...tell us something please!!!

2 hours ago, Dan Dare said:

Dear Steeltrap, with fully dissagree...

Dear Reaper Jack

Dear the rest of you that want a morale and tiring modelation...

Dear developers, where is the update..it is in quarenteen...tell us something please!!!

Dear Dan Dare,

When you are communicating with people on an internet forum, you are not writing a personal letter. Therefore, addressing everyone in such a manner is improper, and it looks odd.

Same thing also applies to internet chats, messengers, in-game means of communication, and so on. In fact, you might even say that you don't need to follow the letter rules when you are not writing a letter. 

Best regards,

Shaftoe

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Shaftoe said:

Hide contents

Dear Dan Dare,

When you are communicating with people on an internet forum, you are not writing a personal letter. Therefore, addressing everyone in such a manner is improper, and it looks odd.

Same thing also applies to internet chats, messengers, in-game means of communication, and so on. In fact, you might even say that you don't need to follow the letter rules when you are not writing a letter. 

Best regards,

Shaftoe

Also i never understand why people don't use the qoute function, it exists for a reason.

Speaking of the forum how in the hell did you get the spoiler function? I can never find it at the top of the message section where all the font changers emojis etc sit.

10 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

Speaking of the forum how in the hell did you get the spoiler function? 

Just put [ spoiler ] before your text, and  [ / spoiler ] behind it. Without extra spaces, of course.

Edited by Shaftoe

17 minutes ago, Shaftoe said:

Just put [ spoiler ] before your text, and  [ / spoiler ] behind it. Without extra spaces, of course.

Ahh, hope they add the feature in anyways.

At least now i can post images without causing phones to create mini fusion explosions half the time lol.

Shaftoe and Cptbarney,

On my decence i could only say that I was trying to be too much polite while dissagreeing strongly...without taking into acount that it could be interpreted the other way around... thanks a lot, will try on future, you know old dogs...

And with regard of quoting...will make my post even longer...but also agree it will make sb get easily lost.

As I said; thank you for pinpoiting my fault.

You know what’s sad?

Considering there’s a decent chance that the four new modern battleship hulls will be in the Modern Battleship mission, and considering that we’re getting new gun models, I’m going to have to build seven battleships to see which one I can squeeze the most 18 inchers on, with good secondaries, and decent armor values.

Do you know how time consuming that’ll be!?

I’ll love every moment of it. 

So far the Yamato hull is winning over the Bismarck and Iowa. Lots of good secondaries  and quad 18 inchers. I should take a picture one day. Sadly it’s in 4k, so I have to downscale...

Edited by KiltedKey
  • Like 1

I may have been joking about but, it is starting to get frustrating again. It's been a full week since the "release" date and the devs have gone full silent again, said one thing like 3 days after the delay and nothing else. Really does chip away at the moral and excitement for this thing...

39 minutes ago, Bluishdoor76 said:

I may have been joking about but, it is starting to get frustrating again. It's been a full week since the "release" date and the devs have gone full silent again, said one thing like 3 days after the delay and nothing else. Really does chip away at the moral and excitement for this thing...

indeed, i hate the fact that no other information was given to us, feels bad man especaly since the other post sayd that they only need a bit more time.. made me think that it is atleast going to release same week.. wich it clearly didnt