Game-Labs Forum

Upcoming Alpha-5

Just now, Shaftoe said:

I want a lot of DD hulls, superstructures and other stuff to be in v6. 

DDs need some (a lot) of love. 

Yeah i agree with that, modern DD hulls are a must, plus i would like to see more late 1930 to 1940 Light cruiser and also DD hulls.

After some other 1930 and 40 ship hulls, Then i wouldn't mind the focus being shifted towards 1880-1890 hulls and defo 1900-1910 hulls as well.

• Thanks 1

I want lots of pre-dreadnought hulls. And not only battleship hulls of cours. I would love to see more armoured, protected cruiser hulls. More torpedo boat designes. Oh and of course, those huge, strange french BB hulls. :D They are so steampunky.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Marshall99 said:

I want lots of pre-dreadnought hulls. And not only battleship hulls of cours. I would love to see more armoured, protected cruiser hulls. More torpedo boat designes. Oh and of course, those huge, strange french BB hulls. :D They are so steampunky.

The French pre-dreadnoughts were the craziest looking things. They looked like a floating Dracula's castle. 

12 minutes ago, lordcmdr said:

The French pre-dreadnoughts were the craziest looking things. They looked like a floating Dracula's castle. 

Yea :D Is she going or coming? XD

Anyway I love these ships. They are weird, so am I 😃 tumblr_m6wu0ePSQn1qhsqm1o1_1280.jpg

Edited by Marshall99
  • Like 10
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, KiltedKey said:

I want an AAR screen so I can see how much damage blocked/done my ships did. Otherwise, this game is going in the direction I want it too.

something like rule the waves but far prettier and moar tabs for info.

Edited by Cptbarney
  • Like 4

Precisely. I don’t need it now. But one day. The game already keeps track of your fleets overall bounces and damage, so I could imagine that doing it for each ship alone and the AI ships shouldn’t cost too much programming power wise. Plus it’ll help me see what ships are pulling their weight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shaftoe said:

I want a lot of DD hulls, superstructures and other stuff to be in v6. 

DDs need some (a lot) of love. 

Yep, I want to do a Fletcher, Sumner or Gearing class, and you need to be able to have superimposed forward turrets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marshall99 said:

Anyway I love these ships. They are weird, so am I 😃 tumblr_m6wu0ePSQn1qhsqm1o1_1280.jpg

That the Hoche and if you want to get technical its not a predreadnought but an even older ironclad turret/barbette battleship. 

Which I still love, mind you. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Fishyfish said:

That the Hoche and if you want to get technical its not a predreadnought but an even older ironclad turret/barbette battleship. 

Which I still love, mind you. 

Correct. Though this weird creation served in the time period covered by the game. I would love to have them in-game from purely esthetic reasons although I have great suspicion that they are just as useless as they are weird especially post-1906.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Dirlinger said:

Correct. Though this weird creation served in the time period covered by the game. I would love to have them in-game from purely esthetic reasons although I have great suspicion that they are just as useless as they are weird especially post-1906.

I do get massive satisfaction building these battleships for the Omnissiah, not gonna lie.

• Like 2

I guess this has turned into an Alpha 6 wishlist, then! Works for me :)

I think there are more than enough premade hulls, but the limitations in the ship designer have still not been removed: we need custom barbette height, less restricted turret and barbette placing, armor angling, hull form, number of propellor shafts, barrel length, separated propellant and explosive charge, ability to actually design magazine protection scheme, etc. Current designer has too many abstractions for my liking, and they don't even simplify the game for the user in any meaningful way. I highly doubt they impact performance that much anyways, considering penetration calculations themselves seem to not be that abstracted; only the things they are hitting.

Devs have said that they're focusing on crew mechanics, which I agree is a top priority. I hope we can customize the level of crew accommodations and implement crew fatigue and training.

it would be wonderful if we can have a pool of vessel (made by us) shorted by nation so the AI have to select them by defect when playing custom battles or the campaing. I know it could be used by some one as a gamey thing, so, as a solution, it should only affect the "cosmetics"...caliber of guns, armor  and techs to be handle by the AI...just an idea that pops up while waiting...GIVE US THE UPDATE!!!!

2 hours ago, Marshall99 said:

"Bonsoir, monsieur, et welcome to ze Hôtel de Hoche! Here vous shall find ze finest silk beds, champagne et escargot à la carte, deux 340mm cannon et dix-huit bordée pom-poms, hon hon hon!"

Okay, sorry, but I seriously hike my enormous ruffled skirt up another inch for every French ironclad/monitor/pre-dreadnought I see.

Edited by Fuems
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, ElAurens said:

I can't imagine that thing in rough seas.

Drachinifel has a great video on the French pre dreads...

i've watched that its a very nice video. Theres vids on the HMS devastator and thunderer that are really interesting (basically proto pre-dreads), should give them a watch as wel.

• Like 2

On 3/5/2020 at 3:40 PM, Nick Thomadis said:
  • Major improvements in ballistics: Repaired issues that made shells to travel at unusual wide arcs or at inconsistent speeds. Shells now can hit other vessels except the ship you target, making cluttered ship formations more vulnerable to shell fire. Friendly fire can happen if ships fire too close to each other.

• Improved damage system: Damage is now using a more natural probabilistic model, causing less random and more consistent damage to ships according to the damage power of shells and torpedoes. This new system will simulate better the rare critical hits that happened in history. 

Personally, these two points are the most important changes. Seeing this gives me a tiny bit of hope since ive quite given up/lost interest in the game. (planned to make a thread elaborating as to why.)

The whole "bow/stern-tanking" aspect a la WoWs has been putting me off immensely and i hope these points are the first steps towards rectifying it.

How armor and the damage model in UA: Dreadnoughts feels like to me currently:

0HvvWWx.png

UmrJmV6.png

Edited by Mindstrip
grammar
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mindstrip said:

Personally, these two points are the most important changes. Seeing this gives me a tiny bit of hope since ive quite given up/lost interest in the game. (planned to make a thread elaborating as to why.)

The whole "bow/stern-tanking" aspect a la WoWs has been putting me off immensely and i hope these points are the first steps towards rectifying it.

How armor and the damage model in UA: Dreadnoughts feels like to me currently:

Reveal hidden contents

0HvvWWx.png

UmrJmV6.png

What have you noticed that makes you think bow tanking like WoWS? I have definitely landed pens against a bow on target at the right ranges for plunging fire. The only real issue is that bow on is a very small target to hit.  Typically when my accuracy is high enough to hit consistently bow on, my shells are no longer plunging. 

3 minutes ago, madham82 said:

What have you noticed that makes you think bow tanking like WoWS? I have definitely landed pens against a bow on target at the right ranges for plunging fire. The only real issue is that bow on is a very small target to hit.  Typically when my accuracy is high enough to hit consistently bow on, my shells are no longer plunging. 

the problem is that once the extremities are saturated you won't do damage, i have unloaded hundreds of 18 inch shells on enemy bbs at 3 kms doing no damage because they were running away

4 minutes ago, flaviohc16 said:

the problem is that once the extremities are saturated you won't do damage, i have unloaded hundreds of 18 inch shells on enemy bbs at 3 kms doing no damage because they were running away

At 3KMs your shells are nearly flat in trajectory. So if they are stern on, unless you hit a vertically flat or slightly angled part of the ship, your shells will bounce on the deck. I'd have to look at the deck pen numbers on those 18"s and the deck armor on the BB you were shooting, but I would bet the pen value is lower than the deck. So your first statement backs this up because you have destroyed most of all the structures on the deck already. 

Hopefully someone else will confirm this is expected behavior, and I didn't overlook something. 

• Like 2