Game-Labs Forum

A date with Diana: Event

admin

Well, this is a crock. Santa Cecelia 12 pdrs do more damage than my Diana's 24 pdrs. One SC just sunk two of my frigates without even really trying. The event ships seem to be diesel powered, iron plated, turret and auto loading armed super ships. When they are about to get a good shot on me, there guns just instantly load so they can shoot. I am about to hit them, or they are stuck in irons, no problem, just fire up the diesels and bow thrusters and speedboat out. Most of their rigging gone, no speed reduction. Full broadsides firing almost straight forward and back. Yes, I am a bit salty as I just lost the only Diana I had, but it was vs a SC and I had a fleet Pirate frigate helping me, yet the SC absolutely wiped both ships with no effort. The AI ships in general seem to cheat like this also, just not quite this bad. Oh well, guess if I want another Diana or SC I will just have to buy one from someone, if I can afford the overinflated cost.

Edited by Cathal Brugha
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Cathal Brugha said:

there guns just instantly load so they can shoot. 

We dont like theatrical exaggeration here on this forum. This is not Globe theater - but a patch feedback section. So please provide data and not Shakespeare. If you say they insta reloading this is a serious bug and should never happen. 

Please record the instant reloading on video. They have good reload mods but nothing fancy, so reload is definitely is not instant. I will believe you when i see some proof. We know it does not happen. But what if you can record it - proving us wrong. 

Patch feedback PvE: feels like patrolzone. almost no ai, and in the unlikely event one spots an ai, several players race to tag it....

Simple math: PvE has 400 active players,  about 50 - 100 in each of these 3 event zones. Since we can do that w/o having to be afraid of beeing ganked by others, we can focus on ai....which therefore doesnt live long...

In short: these events need way more ai inside on PvE....(thats true for patrol zones and the entire PvE server though....4x the playerbase now and still same amount of ow ai we had for 100 players)

Ive sailed east to west and back south of Hispaniola, result: 1 Cecilia spotted (100K reales) and 1 Diana sighted, race lost against 1 of the other 5 players....

I havent seen a de ruyter, but since they dont drop notes, one would have to board one to keep it....so it would be more honest to announce that  these event ships are  de facto semi elites

In short: in the current setup effort/reward ratio doesnt work  on PvE

Edited by Jan van Santen
  • Like 1

On 3/5/2020 at 12:35 PM, admin said:
  • South of Hispaniola. Pirates and Danish ships

Ships will sometimes drop the note for the vessel as loot. If you don't get it on first try dong get discouraged.
Additional rare ship was also added to the south of Hispaniola. It will not drop a note.

Why not add the rare ship to the other areas? right now you've got every player concentrated in one spot waiting for that rare ship to appear, and when it does, 2 set nations have to roll a dice to see if they can even attack it, let alone be the first to it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Coaster said:

Why not add the rare ship to the other areas? right now you've got every player concentrated in one spot waiting for that rare ship to appear, and when it does, 2 set nations have to roll a dice to see if they can even attack it, let alone be the first to it.

One easy fix would be if those ships were Neutral instead of any nationality, this way it could be attacked by everyone.

We can already claim this event is a big success. Players got excited and went out for a hunt.

And it is part of the thrill that the ghost ship (rumors of Admiral de Ruyter roaming about) is so rare. I also did not get it, I found a Cecilia with masts of steel (took like 60 hits altogether and no mast came down, her hull meantime seemed vulnerable like on a normal ship) instead. As I know the event will be going on for some days, I am fine with it. I have time enough to try again.

Let's find more sorts of events and do them from time to time, at changing locations.

Hmm,  maybe I should do a gunboat contest again...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Coaster said:

the creators of this game seem obsessed with FORCING ppl to fight over everything and anything

1 hour ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

We can already claim this event is a big success. Players got excited and went out for a hunt.

A hunt with an extremely small chance to catch subpar prey.... 

There is a rocksolid way of judging: player numbers. In every MMO ive played before a successfull event meant a temporary spike of player numbers.

So I hold my breath till after the weekend.

Preliminary PoV: imho it's a start, but it needs adjustments...

Edit: information needs to be better, too. it's not said on STEAM that De Ruyter doesnt drop notes. Nor is it mentioned anywhere that the event ai is semi elite.

STEAM: Additional rare ship was also added to the south of Hispaniola. 

Forums here: Additional rare ship was also added to the south of Hispaniola. It will not drop a note.

Edited by Jan van Santen
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

Those who were out before most people logged on, and too many people were in a small area looking for the few ships there were. And for those who are far enough along to have many big powerful ships able to take on the super AI, once again pushing solo and lower level people aside. Yes, I was excited for the event, the first NA event that got me excited, and it turned into a  big letdown.

Well after capturing 2 Admiral de Ruyters and a Santa Cecilia. Only one ship was worth keeping. The ship quality that the ships become are very poor if not shameful. They are in no way the ship I faced in the battle. If I am going to attack an elite ship and beat it in battle. Then I want that ship as my prize. What they have here is a joke. If you are not getting a ship note for these ships. Do not waste your time on the Ruyter. You may get lucky with a decent build. But not worth the risk of a good ship. I like the concept of the event and would like to see the Devs improve on it. Unless your a die hard fan of the Admiral de Ruyter it is just not worth the time or risk. Only to have the ship take up space in your ship yard. Most of the ships I have seen where no better than the crappy AI ships that you capture in the open world. They had no port bonuses, base woods one did have a season wood but the build was Shappy and had to be discarded. Come on Devs you can do better than this.

Edited by Robert Lance
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Robert Lance said:

Well after capturing 2 Admiral de Ruyters and a Santa Cecilia. Only one ship was worth keeping. The ship quality that the ships become are very poor if not shameful. They are in no way the ship I faced in the battle. If I am going to attack an elite ship and beat it in battle. Then I want that ship as my prize. What they have here is a joke. If you are not getting a ship note for these ships. Do not waste your time on the Ruyter. You may get lucky with a decent build. But not worth the risk of a good ship. I like the concept of the event and would like to see the Devs improve on it. Unless your a die hard fan of the Admiral de Ruyter it is just not worth the time or risk. Only to have the ship take up space in your ship yard. Most of the ships I have seen where no better than the crappy AI ships that you capture in the open world. They had no port bonuses, base woods one did have a season wood but the build was Shappy and had to be discarded. Come on Devs you can do better than this.

Don't capture it. You have to sink it, then you will get (probably) a Note!

8 minutes ago, Makrian said:

Don't capture it. You have to sink it, then you will get (probably) a Note!

Not true. I captured 5 dianas and 2 of 5 had a note in hold (before sinking them)

So it's not necessary to sink them. But it's easier because those ships are really good (have skilled boarding parties) in boarding.

De Ruyter drops no notes it's just the captured ship

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Robert Lance said:

This is a Diana event. If you don’t like de Ryuter you can ignore it and move on it will be easy on your high horse. 

11 minutes ago, Brig at sea said:

This is a Diana event. If you don’t like de Ryuter you can ignore it and move on it will be easy on your high horse. 

a) Those on not so high horses who could actually use an event Diana because they need a 5th rate to level cant cap one (at least not solo)

b) we got a purple Implacable for doing nothing and at no risk, so why should players be happy to waste time and effort to cap one of the hard to find DeRuyters if they turn out to be crap wood combo grey ships  but fight like a 1st rate ?

Edited by Jan van Santen
  • Like 6