Game-Labs Forum

Refund

Gsam

This link should take you to an FAQ regarding refunds through Xsolla. Be warned that you are pretty unlikely to receive one as a player who has owned the game for quite a while and played it even more substantially. Another user who tried to refund the game almost immediately was denied by Xsolla (not the devs) so best of luck with them as no claims they have the best cs around.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sterner said:

Why do not you believe anymore? Can you please provide details.

The game is too linear. I am forced to follow a path where I Was expecting it to be more sandbox / open world.

Naval battles are not fun, land battles are worse.   The land battles in UG:CW were outstanding. I have no idea how they managed to regress in this one. I can't quite put my finger on it.

I don't want to command a massive fleet, its too much micromanagement. Yet to progress its necessary.  Playing the naval battles is like work. Plus, no offense, but the naval AI is straight up dumb. It would be another matter all together if I could assign a majority of my ships to AI mode and leave them alone, but thats not the case.

I hate how I have to accomplish certain objectives in previous missions, even though they are not listed as objectives.  For example the first mission on the USA campaign. If I dont capture the two enemy ships, I then have the option of fighting bunker hill land battle or doing the naval battle. IF I do the naval battle I Am 3 on 6 trying to stall. If I didn't capture the two ships in the previous mission I am 1 on 6 and get  Game over cause 1 ship gets shredded by 6.     Thats the sort of lazy and poor design that makes me want to throw your game out the window.  That makes me not believe in your game. 

I came into this game hoping for so many things and having high expectations based upon the previous games you had released and was grossly disappointed.

On 3/5/2020 at 8:26 AM, Gsam said:

The game is too linear. I am forced to follow a path where I Was expecting it to be more sandbox / open world.

Naval battles are not fun, land battles are worse.   The land battles in UG:CW were outstanding. I have no idea how they managed to regress in this one. I can't quite put my finger on it.

I don't want to command a massive fleet, its too much micromanagement. Yet to progress its necessary.  Playing the naval battles is like work. Plus, no offense, but the naval AI is straight up dumb. It would be another matter all together if I could assign a majority of my ships to AI mode and leave them alone, but thats not the case.

I hate how I have to accomplish certain objectives in previous missions, even though they are not listed as objectives.  For example the first mission on the USA campaign. If I dont capture the two enemy ships, I then have the option of fighting bunker hill land battle or doing the naval battle. IF I do the naval battle I Am 3 on 6 trying to stall. If I didn't capture the two ships in the previous mission I am 1 on 6 and get  Game over cause 1 ship gets shredded by 6.   Thats the sort of lazy and poor design that makes me want to throw your game out the window.  That makes me not believe in your game. 

I came into this game hoping for so many things and having high expectations based upon the previous games you had released and was grossly disappointed.

You make good points.  have not had time to get much into the gameplay but  I am confident the team will address railroading and asymmetric situations.  Some of this may be involved with testing scenarios. 

Gsam, I am truly sorry that you are unhappy with the game.  My comments below are not meant, in any way, to minimize your concerns; we just have different perspectives.

I expect, a priori, that managing a fleet of ships will be difficult.  For me, that is part of the challenge...a game should not be too easy or it will not be fulfilling to achieve ones tactical objectives.  And I never use AI because it is just "too dumb."  This is not a complaint about the game...even the best AI will not have the same tactical insight as a human warfare fighter.

While I do agree with you that some battles seem misbalanced (by that I mean many enemy ships and much larger enemy ships than in my fleet), I have always found ways to even the odds.  For example, using very fast, unarmed fire ships to attack and incinerate the largest enemy ship, while the rest of my fleet battles it out with the other smaller enemy ships (and wins!).  Also, using fast, small armed ships to "tease" the bigger enemy ships and lead them off to the far downwind edge of the map.  Once there, it takes the big enemy ships forever to tack back upwind and return to the main battle.  So the challenge of the game...as is the challenge of warfare, in general...is to find tactics that lead to VICTORY, despite uneven odds.  We don't always have the luxury of superior forces to follow the preferred tactic of "shock and awe."

This is just my two cents; you are certainty not required to agree with me.  Perhaps this is just not the sort of game that you will enjoy.

Best regards,
CAPT E.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

I'm hoping some of the forced storyline line changes, so we can make our own scenarios and play.

In the old age of sail there was a large database of historical premade ships. Also it had numerous historical battles - I miss that.

I don't think we have that now (Just got the game) . We can choose a ship class but we then have to outfit it with guns etc. turning it into (Possibly) a fictional ship.

Some of the ship/battle  research is already done in the first AOS I believe.

Even then we are forced to play a canned scenario instead of just making one up from scratch, picking map, date etc.

In a game like this we need the flexibility to do/create what we want.

Having a historical open world would be great where we can join a navy as a master and commander and cruise and or do missions but to do that historically would be a ton of work and research. Letting us create as we wish would be the next best thing.

As to the gameplay I would put it down as a WIP.