Game-Labs Forum

Sedning Ships on mission

I have a suggestion:

Since it takes alot of time to move ships and goods what about beeing able to send ships on missions?

We could use the captains we already can have in our own fleet have the option if they should sail with us in a fleet like it is now or send them on their own way to a certain destination. And by destination I mean port. Sou if you are able to sail in a fleet with 2 ships you can just send them for example from Great Corn to Porty Royal on their own.

It would be another way like towing to move ships but this would take time till the ship will be in the port you've send them to. Maybe it can switch between half an our or up to 3-4 depending on which ship and how far you are sending it. On the other hand if you send a ship that way you can only have 1 ship in your fleet and not 2 anymore since that captain is on his own way. It would still take time but would give us players the option to move 2-3 ships at once even with goods. It would save alot of time just moving ships back from battles and focus more on the actual game.

To sum it up with towing we would be able to move maybe 3-4 ships each day. One instantly without any goods and the others over time with goods.

It would also give us the chance to bring an upgrade we just looted from one side of the map to the other side to install it on the ship we need it on without sailing all the way across the whole map.

• Like 2

On 3/4/2020 at 5:29 PM, van Veen said:

This has been proposed many times by various players, e.g. here:

Didn't know that there was already a suggestion.

Anyway mine is a little different. Instead of sending fleets to open world it would a teleport with cargo hold and it would take time till the ship will be at the destination depending on distance. And it would take one of your fleet captains away. We could say maximum 2 or 3 times a day you can send them away but you wouldn't be able to use them in your fleet during that time.

Some people would just camp in front of ports and get your traders. But one towing/teleport for a day is simply not enough.

20 minutes ago, CptEdwardKenway said:

Didn't know that there was already a suggestion.

Anyway mine is a little different. Instead of sending fleets to open world it would a teleport with cargo hold and it would take time till the ship will be at the destination depending on distance. And it would take one of your fleet captains away. We could say maximum 2 or 3 times a day you can send them away but you wouldn't be able to use them in your fleet during that time.

A long time ago we used to be able to teleport a certain max weight of cargo to another port. It was like your suggestion in that it did take hours for the cargo to arrive during which you could not send another load. It was removed, probably because mechanisms that magically remove ships and cargo from open water have been minimized. I doubt such things will come back. Trade and transport are already so easy relative to the risk that inflation/prices is climbing faster than many of us can do the cargo runs.

On 3/5/2020 at 9:50 PM, Farrago said:

A long time ago we used to be able to teleport a certain max weight of cargo to another port. It was like your suggestion in that it did take hours for the cargo to arrive during which you could not send another load. It was removed, probably because mechanisms that magically remove ships and cargo from open water have been minimized. I doubt such things will come back. Trade and transport are already so easy relative to the risk that inflation/prices is climbing faster than many of us can do the cargo runs.

I don't think it would have an impact in inflation. It could be the opposite of that. Trading was always easy. Especially on PvE. In fact people are sailing AFK for hours. Many are playing other games while sailing their cargo in NA. What's the point in that? We are already forced to do hostility at 3 in the morning, port battles at 4 the next day and between we are moving our SOL to where they are needed next and do hour trading. We spend +8 hours for nothing, just moving ships and cargo. It's necessary to reduce that time Imo.

And more goods means more competition means lower prices. It can really have a positive effect on inflation.