Game-Labs Forum

Bring back "Name-tag" in open world

22 minutes ago, Lars Kjaer said:

Nobody learns from being the lamb to someone elses slaughter. Besides - mods, port bonus' and woods matter far more than skills in this game.

The mods, port bonuses and woods matters alot more in large fleet engagements (vs 3 or more) . I beat a max ranked player that tagged me, obviously confident. He was in a fully decked purple wasa with only the best mods and full ship knowledges, i was in a poor 3rd rate oak fir, liverpool refit, with medium cannons basic surgeon's chest and basic tackles refit and marines 15.

If you want to beat the best, you need to learn from the best, thats how its always been in any kind of competitive thing you do, be it IRL or in a video game

Edited by erelkivtuadrater

32 minutes ago, Lars Kjaer said:

Nobody learns from being the lamb to someone elses slaughter.

Want to be a lamb, be a lamb. Want to be a lion.. then fight, and learn. (or if you want to be like me, be a noob😘)

You will learn more from retreating in battle, if things go bad. Then you do retreating before battle even started.

Edited by Djakary

35 minutes ago, Lars Kjaer said:

Nobody learns from being the lamb to someone elses slaughter.

I never lose. I either win or learn. - Nelson Mandela

In 1v1 its actually easy to learn in this game, just copy what the enemy is doing and try to figure out why they do it.

• Like 3

This should be done for around capitals, so new players can see who the raider is and with this full information be able to ask for assistance from players currently in the capital region. And the raider will know 100% that they are attacking low ranked players and maybe make a righteous choice.

It would only take minimal coding to determine 2 types of battle instance conditions, current one of standard/general battle conditions and ‘if within capital region' enable a second battle condition (tag condition) and that displays op information.

I think capital raiders divided over the population isn’t that many overall (not many stoop that low), but it does seem alot or a high ratio of attacks around capitals on new players from their perspective. Of the overall population such changes shouldn’t affect them but should have an positive affect on player growth. If there’s ever a time and place to start protecting player growth, it’s right now and in & around capitals. 

Edited by BuckleUpBones

7 hours ago, Djakary said:

I do, just not all the time. There are ways to make "contact" in the open world through global chat. Use that.

Ya no... if it's ok for players to chat through global, then there should be no problem with direct communication. 

You are welcome to still go through global since you like asinine game mechanics.

52 minutes ago, BuckleUpBones said:

This should be done for around capitals, so new players can see who the raider is and with this full information be able to ask for assistance from players currently in the capital region. And the raider will know 100% that they are attacking low ranked players and maybe make a righteous choice.

It would only take minimal coding to determine 2 types of battle instance conditions, current one of standard/general battle conditions and ‘if within capital region' enable a second battle condition (tag condition) and that displays op information.

I think capital raiders divided over the population isn’t than many overall (not many stoop that low), but it does seem alot or a high ratio of attacks around capitals on new players from their perspective. Of the overall population such changes shouldn’t affect them but should have an positive affect on player growth. If there’s ever a time and place to start protecting player growth, it’s right now and in & around capitals. 

C'mon we all know around Capitals it doesn't matter if it's Captain Reverse raiding or new player trying it for first time, players will assemble every ship they possibly can and gank as hard as they can.

4 minutes ago, Yoha said:

Ya no... if it's ok for players to chat through global, then there should be no problem with direct communication. 

You are welcome to still go through global since you like asinine game mechanics.

Got no problem with that, it's called private message. I use it all the time.

Edited by Djakary

5 hours ago, Vizzini said:

IIRC the deadly pvp'ers rightly complained that they were run from on a regular basis without even the chance of a battle. I would also not want to see it abused

No from me

They must not be as good pvp-ers as they think.

11 minutes ago, Djakary said:

C'mon we all know around Capitals it doesn't matter if it's Captain Reverse raiding or new player trying it for first time, players will assemble every ship they possibly can and gank as hard as they can.

Yes absolutely ‘named players’ do make a difference in rallying a force…. or to know when to run!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BuckleUpBones said:

Yes absolutely ‘named players’ do make a difference in rallying a force…. or to know when to run!

With that attitude you should probably run every single pvp encounter... because once you don't have the "force" and can't run.. you won't know what to do.

3 minutes ago, kapteinsnabeltann said:

But i still think the best suggestian was that it should be a setting in game, so people can choose themself.

and the ones who dont want it on, are beeing bullied in global chat :P

Agreed, everybody happy.

• Like 1

Perhaps if they have earned a spot on a weekly leader board there should be some identifiable pennant or something on their ship. A captain would probably know the ships sailed by the scourges of the waters in their region.

2 hours ago, Djakary said:

Just asking in case you are using google translate. Non-very reliable tool.

So condescending. I take it you don't like people who are not native English speakers.

Back on topic... I think players should be able to message anyone in the OW. Just like how offering a trade in the OW works, the player receiving a request to chat needs to accept the request, this way he can stay anonymous in the OW if he wishes. I'm ok if the player names on the OW stay anonymous to enemy nations. Obviously once a conversation has begun, both players will know each other's names.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Yoha said:

So condescending. I take it you don't like people who are not native English speakers.

No, i genuinly thought you didn't understand what you were writing/reading fully.

Your last suggestion would work, an option to the idea of a setting that allows your name to be hidden or revealed.

Edited by Djakary
  • Like 1

Other players have been wanting ship names added.  Perhaps a compromise would be that in the open world you see an enemy ship's name and not their username or Enemy Player.  You can still contact them, but it wont show their username, only the ships name.  You only get to see the player name when you are in battle, like now.

So Enemy Player gets replaced with the ship name that the captain chose,

I can still message them but I wont see their username, only the ships name,

and I see their username when I enter a battle.

• Like 2