Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum

Recommended Posts

I've noticed that trade ships can be tricky to level for knowledge, because the goal is defiantly not to get into combat. So, what about giving XP for knowledge from delivery missions? of course the amount would need to be balanced.  

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

The ships knowledge will increase, when people start putting guns on their traders and defend themselves when attacked. No need to give for travelling. 

Imo the travelling xp can be completely removed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Sea Archer said:

The ships knowledge will increase, when people start putting guns on their traders and defend themselves when attacked. No need to give for travelling. 

Imo the travelling xp can be completely removed.

I have guns on mine. I got jumped by two ships, got away....still no XP gain. literally got no XP. why? because a traders bring can't fight two trincs, hell can't even fight one privateer. with 60 crew you just get instaboard captured. lets get real here. people in traders aren't starting fights and nobody in their right mind would try to go toe to toe in anything bigger than a lynx

Edited by Gimpy117
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Sea Archer said:

The ships knowledge will increase, when people start putting guns on their traders and defend themselves when attacked. No need to give for travelling. 

Imo the travelling xp can be completely removed.

Good luck fighting with smaller traders. You literally demand people to attack everything at see with their traders.

Remove the travelling xp and it will be much worse of a grind. Any mission should give xp reward. You already earn 100 for sailing across the whole map risking to lose your ship AND goods. There should also be more missions for traders and adventurers like finding maps. The game already hands you a perfect map from day one. New players could discover the map by missions. There would be alot of ways to earn xp. Not only fighting, fighting, fighting. There is no point in fighting with a fully loaded trader against far bigger ships.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just say, if you will be loosing your ship anyway ro a superior enemy, you can give some kind of fight and with every hit gain xp.

If you can escape without firing a gun, it is not bad, and you saved your ship, just without xp.

That is all fine with me.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Sea Archer said:

I just say, if you will be loosing your ship anyway ro a superior enemy, you can give some kind of fight and with every hit gain xp.

If you can escape without firing a gun, it is not bad, and you saved your ship, just without xp.

That is all fine with me.

no. why give you the satisfaction of a fight? you want to fight, tag a real ship. otherwise stop whining about fights and guns and whatever

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, BoatyMcBoatFace said:

no. why give you the satisfaction of a fight? you want to fight, tag a real ship. otherwise stop whining about fights and guns and whatever

Why do you want to get xp for free without a fight?

Imo xp shall only be earned by fighting, nothing else.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sea Archer said:

I just say, if you will be loosing your ship anyway ro a superior enemy, you can give some kind of fight and with every hit gain xp.

If you can escape without firing a gun, it is not bad, and you saved your ship, just without xp.

That is all fine with me.

The best fight you can give someone in a trader is to make them chase after you for an hour or more

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Sea Archer said:

Why do you want to get xp for free without a fight?

Imo xp shall only be earned by fighting, nothing else.

Because this game isn't about only fighting.  It's a crafting, exploring, trading, fighting, etc.....not every one wants to just fight all the time.  So why try to take something away from there play style?

Have you even tried to grind slots on a trade ship?  I bet you haven't.  Even if you just attack other trade ships you do so little damage you get so little xp that it takes for ever to open slots. I actually run with combat fitted trade ships and rarely get tagged in my Indanman, but in a trader brig your pretty much sunk in the first broad side by bigger ships.  XP is off damage done not off survival or escape.  When trade ships rarely do damage they don't get xp.   Unlike your combat ship you prob have all your slots unlocked on and a bunch of good mods on.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

You are right, I never tried to grind trader slots.

I have lost some trader ships to raiders, then I decided to sail them only with an escort. So my main ship is usually a Wasa or some frigate with Indiaman in fleet. The only exception is the traders lynx, which I sail without escort, but always armed. I lost some, but never without fighting, so I have opened the first two slots. And I will continue this way, so in my opinion there is no reason to open the slots by travelling only.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sea Archer said:

I lost some, but never without fighting, so I have opened the first two slots. And I will continue this way, so in my opinion there is no reason to open the slots by travelling only.

you mean no reason because it doesn't fit your play style? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 6:19 PM, Gimpy117 said:

I've noticed that trade ships can be tricky to level for knowledge, because the goal is defiantly not to get into combat. So, what about giving XP for knowledge from delivery missions? of course the amount would need to be balanced.  

If you want to open slots, go and kill AI.  That's what people do in major warships, so why not in traders.  A TBrig can easily kill other AI TBrigs, and an Indiaman can be a great combat ship against AI.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2020 at 7:21 PM, Sea Archer said:

Imo xp shall only be earned by fighting, nothing else.

...because in the real world there was no such thing as senior officers or captains on trade vessels? Or even able seamen, it was all run by landsmen?

 

Edited by Kubrat
clarify
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2020 at 7:21 AM, Sea Archer said:

Why do you want to get xp for free without a fight?

Imo xp shall only be earned by fighting, nothing else.

I guess you are ganking traders and alot of them just managed to get away.

Btw this is a MMO not a beat em up action game. There are alot of ways to gain XP. If you want only fight, fight, fight maybe you should look for something different. WoWS for example.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Angus MacDuff said:

If you want to open slots, go and kill AI.  That's what people do in major warships, so why not in traders.  A TBrig can easily kill other AI TBrigs, and an Indiaman can be a great combat ship against AI.

People are sailing traders, well, for trading.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2020 at 11:55 PM, Sir Texas Sir said:

 Xp for sea travel needs to go towards ships too.  Never understood why this didn't happen as it was very little xp, but that would add up for folks that use trade ships in the long run.

I kinda agree with @Sir Texas Sir here.  There That could go towards your slots (its a small amount).  I don't agree that you should get xp for a delivery.  That's a lot of xp from afk sailing...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Angus MacDuff said:

I kinda agree with @Sir Texas Sir here.  There That could go towards your slots (its a small amount).  I don't agree that you should get xp for a delivery.  That's a lot of xp from afk sailing...

And I agree shouldn't get them for the missions, just the travel from one port to another goes to what ship you have.  Even if they only do it after you max rank would be better than nothing.   The other thing they could do is give trade ships XP boost in combat since they normally don't do a lot of damage or fighting, but what little they do they get more xp than one would normally get in a  war ship.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Angus MacDuff said:

If you want to open slots, go and kill AI.  That's what people do in major warships, so why not in traders.  A TBrig can easily kill other AI TBrigs, and an Indiaman can be a great combat ship against AI.

so now i gotta use my trade ship, and waste the cargo hold and accept the minimal crew...or worse risk the hold contents to hunt other AI cargo that may or may not be there? also, AFK sailing seems risky to me. if you AFK you are asking to be lost 

Edited by Gimpy117
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...