Game-Labs Forum

no minimap not a bad option?

Sturm561

Interesting idea.  You'd want to bring some small/fast ships along in battle scenarios to act as naval skirmishers/scouts.  That would be tough to do in the American Campaign.  I never have enough money to deploy my large ships without selling the smaller trophies.

14 minutes ago, CAPT E. said:

Interesting idea.  You'd want to bring some small/fast ships along in battle scenarios to act as naval skirmishers/scouts.  That would be tough to do in the American Campaign.  I never have enough money to deploy my large ships without selling the smaller trophies.

Can't you just scroll around the map to find any ships? As long as they are on the map all ships are visible at all times. Would have to lock the camera to ships to try and enforce this.

Given that ship amounts and arrival positions are also locked and easy to memorize, more fog of war type settings probably don't accomplish much in the game currently.

Panda, you are correct, however in the one scenario with fog and rain and open ocean, I did a quick scan and missed one enemy ship that popped up later.  I found that land battles really had no effect without the minimap since there were reference points (i.e. roads, rivers...etc) to orient yourself.  It made a huge difference in open water with several ships involved when you needed situational awareness far more.  You are also correct about knowing where ships start, but once battle begins and all the twisting and turning, things get lost.  Eh, just an idea...I can live with either way.

Edited by Sturm561
added more info

3 hours ago, Kilroy Was Here said:

For what it's worth, some of the larger naval battles can get pretty spread out and trying to keep track of all the ships becomes more challenging and time consuming.  I would recommend that the mini-map function as originally intended. 

+1