Game-Labs Forum

Low FPS Issue

DontTreadOnMe

Hi there, been enjoying Naval action but there is one thing that really bugs me.. and that's my computers performance when playing Naval Action. 

Here's my computer specs,

-8Ram

-Geforce GTX 680

-AMD Phenom II X4 970 Processor (4cpu's) 3.5 ghz.

-Dx 11

-20725mb available

-Running a genric acer, monitor using 1920x1080

On average "small" games with only lets say 3-4 ships per a team the game runs fairly smooth going in between 30-40 fps (50 at the absolute max). Bigger games, like Trafalgar's I get about 15-35 fps (40 at absolute max). While this is not very low fps by any means, I get really sick because of the "sluggish" (lag) motion of the camera movements and all.

Before you tell me to turn my settings lower I have! I've been messing with the settings constantly seeing little to no improvement, When running on all low/off settings I only get 5-10 fps more than I do running Ultra. Yes.. I have the latest Drivers and updates and I've already double checked to be sure. I've tried to tough it out but, its really frustrating once cannons start going off and the smoke and splinters drive my fps into the ground. It feels like a stop motion pirate movie  :lol:.. (except I start to get sick from the the motion of the stop motion and action going on...)

Anyways I cant afford any new equipment or graphics card( please don't tell me to "buy a new graphics card silly newb") and I can run almost any other game just fine with max settings and over 60 fps on some games hitting 100 fps but not this one. Is It just because its not optimized well or something to that effect, or is definitely on my end? I'm in a pickle and I'm no computer tech wiz by ANY means. Can anyone here help me out? much appreciated thanks  ;)

(forgot to add, I play in window mode at 1920x1080 if that helps)

It happens.. Our game (agreed) is very heavy on the system requirements due to water. 

In the future it will be optimized a bit better, but not much. We will also provide wider selection for graphical settings.

meanwhile

please report your log and settings by F11 stating low fps - we will check it out. 

Is there any way I can get around this? or am I just stuck in a sinking rowboat? 

Well like Admin said, the game will be optimized in the future. Whether or not that makes you get a good FPS on graphics settings that are good is another matter. Your best bet is replacing your CPU if you can afford it. Overclocking can help a little but it can't change the architecture of the chip.

That's true, but still - such config should provide stable 25-40fps at low/med settings. DontTreadOnMe, have you tried to uninstall/install NA?

No I have not, maybe I should give that a try. I appreciate everyone's help here. Seems my CPU could be a problem but I think I'm most likely going to just tough it out (I'm not in the mood spending hundreds of dollars for more fps) and enjoy playing this wonderful age of sail. thanks for all the help guys!  :)