Game-Labs Forum
rediii

Make the Redoutable and Implacable a 2nd rate

The only effect is in solo patrol zone. Also it is a 2nd rate ship if you compare stats.

Atm:

wasa vs redoutable? nope not even

Redoutable vs pavel/christian/buc more even.

• Like 12
  • Sad 4

Constitution vs Redoutable

2ba6f7455cad2404691f835811413153.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

I can kill a redoubtable in a well crafted connie or wasa.

1v1 the redoubtable isn't better than any of the third rates so far mentioned, except ofc for the 3rd rate. But that has really always just been a placeholder.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lars Kjaer said:

1v1 the redoubtable isn't better than any of the third rates so far mentioned, except ofc for the 3rd rate. But that has really always just been a placeholder.

wanna try that? 😃

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rediii said:

The only effect is in solo patrol zone. Also it is a 2nd rate ship if you compare stats.

Atm:

but-but.

my 3rd rate groups missions are easy right now.

don't you dare take that away 😭

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, rediii said:

Atm:

I'd wait for the promised stats rebalance of third and second rates.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Lars Kjaer said:

U must be superman ! If an experienced player in Redoubtable is attacking u in Costitution , u are dead .

That ships is overpowered and must be placed in 2nd rates list . The majority of server population brought it .

Edited by Tomasso il Fortunato
  • Sad 2

well leave to pvp whiners to get a ship ruind. every time we get a ship that's fun and worth sailing,  you cant count one some pvp players to start whining, buhu this ship is to OP we can't defeat it in battle it must be tuned down at once 

• Like 1

Only OP thing is, redeeming them with best seasoned woods, which includes all dlc ships. 

Edited by AeRoTR

Anyone remember when the Wasa was introduced as a "4th rate"? Pretty much the same situation here; my bet is they do move it to 2nd rate after a while, just like the Wasa got moved to 3rd.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

Only OP thing is, redeeming them with best seasoned woods, which includes all dlc ships. 

OFC they will. as soon as there ahs been enough whining 

2 hours ago, rediii said:

Atm:

Agree.

So your suggestion is to move the Redoubtable to being a 2nd rate so that it is the weakest of that rank? The only way that your statement of "Redoutable vs pavel/christian/buc more even." is true is if you want the DLC ship to be nothing more than cannon fodder vs equal rank ships. Since the Redoubtable is the slowest and least maneuverable of all the 3rd rates I think your issue with the ship is more of a lack of skill than anything else.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raekur said:

So your suggestion is to move the Redoubtable to being a 2nd rate so that it is the weakest of that rank? The only way that your statement of "Redoutable vs pavel/christian/buc more even." is true is if you want the DLC ship to be nothing more than cannon fodder vs equal rank ships. Since the Redoubtable is the slowest and least maneuverable of all the 3rd rates I think your issue with the ship is more of a lack of skill than anything else.

Raekur in Wasa vs Redii in Redoutable

Betting 500 CM on the redoutable

Any takers?

• Like 3

First three are easy enough, Christian, Redoubtable and Bellona.

The second three are Implacable, arh Redoubtable and the Wasa.

EDIT: Fun little game so here's a riddle:

Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the entitled boy from before? 

What's the matter rediii? Mad that you can't bully ppl when they can just buy a DLC and still be competitive?

Now I'm not a huge fan of the british classifications, I believe someone once argued for the french classifications, regardless it's what we got and the powers to be classified the redoubtable as a 3rd rate. Since that is how it was sold - It cannot be changed.

Edited by Lars Kjaer

2nd set is Implacable, Redoubtable, and Wasa

Though his mistake in this data was that if he wanted to highlight the Redoubtable, it should have been in the 1st position not the middle.

Edited by Raekur
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Raekur said:

2nd set is Implacable, Redoubtable, and Wasa

True actually.. hello kitty me I'm getting rusty.

2 hours ago, Liq💋 said:

Raekur in Wasa vs Redii in Redoutable

Betting 500 CM on the redoutable

Any takers?

Whos Raekur?

3 hours ago, Doug Maoz said:

Anyone remember when the Wasa was introduced as a "4th rate"? Pretty much the same situation here; my bet is they do move it to 2nd rate after a while, just like the Wasa got moved to 3rd.

i also very much remember Wasa as a 4th rate with 24/18 gundecks in the test server.

when it reach live it was 32/24 and STILL a 4th rat. So the fix was make it a 3rd and the rattvisan was born!

• Like 1

I think a lot of people are not seeing the issue here because they're not considering roughly equal skills, and are instead placing themselves behind the wheel of the ships.

Sure, a great player can take a Constitution, Wasa, or Bellona and sink a noob player in a Redoubtable. That same great player could probably do that in an Endymion or Leopard if the enemy is bad enough.

Anytime you compare the strengths of two ships, you should assume roughly equal captains. And the outcome of the fight should not be automatically decided by ship.

Take a first rate duel between Santisima, L'Ocean, or Victory (before she was nerfed, rest her soul). Given similarly skilled captains, each with a preference for the ship they're in...it'd be hard to call a winner before the fight even happens. 

Not so with the Redoubtable: put good player who likes Constitution vs a similarly-skilled player who likes Redoubtable and the best the Connie can hope to do is not lose (by running away upwind). I'd hardly call that balanced.

I don't particularly care about the rating system...its much easier to think of ships in terms of their gun caliber and abilities. But since the game assigns meaning to rating (solo patrol as the original post mentions), the rates ought to at least have some amount of balance within each rate (which is why Connie needs to be a 4th rate...but that horse has been beaten enough already).

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Beeekonda said:

Whos Raekur?

I believe we have met once, pre wipe at Campeche when I was with the spanish nation. It didnt end well for you.