Game-Labs Forum

Idea for new members joining NA

What about a new member sign up program. More experienced members could volunteer to help those joining the game or new at Naval Action. There could be a list from which new members could enlist help of a more experienced players and determined by NA staff.  That could include the many different, diverse aspects of the game as defined by a title or prefix to the volunteer helpers name. Such as; NPC battles, shipping, port battles and so forth. 

I have spoken. ;o) 

Perhaps mentors could help anyone who is willing.  Not just new recruits.

NA action culture is not helpful with PvP combat training, or international cooperation, but there may be some experienced captains who would spend time with players of another nation and teach them how to fight or flee.

1 hour ago, Macjimm said:

NA action culture is not helpful with PvP

i have fought a number of players that i could not catch or defeat because they listend to what i told them in help chat or the tips i gave em the last time we met in battle ;)

there is help for anyone who is willing to listen imo

Some protection for new players around capitals would be good. At the moment the way the battles close everything is set up against the new player and all the advantages stacked on the on the seal clubber. Its pretty shocking to see what goes on if im honest, as long as the noob killer has a smaller ship no one else can help the victim. We all know a 5 rate from a new player has no chance against a smaller ship like a snow in the hands of a good player. Why for the love of god not allow any help for the poor hapless victims being slaughtered. Battles should be open to both sides for the same amount of time.

Also why not allow 6th rate missions to close instantly to at least give new players a fighting chance to get started in a game. I know its a PVP server but new players need  a chance to get started in the game and at the moment its stacked to much against them.

5 hours ago, Durin said:

i have fought a number of players that i could not catch or defeat because they listend to what i told them in help chat or the tips i gave em the last time we met in battle ;)

there is help for anyone who is willing to listen imo

You sound reasonable, but often there is nothing to listen to.  Many raiders refuse to communicate with their victims.  I've not received a response during my last four battles, just rapid attacks that left me without a ship, and no word from my opponent. I've tried translating my text messages to other languages. Many players are just silent, they want to earn their Combat Marks, and have no interest in communication.

Bubba's idea has merit.  I would like to practice with a mentor.   Engaging a cooperative real player would be very helpful.  The experience gained from repeatedly trying; offensive tags, and shoot and scoots, could improve a trader's chance for survival.

A mentor sign up program could pair willing players together, and they could agree to meet in game.   Great way to build better players.  Terrible idea if we want to keep the seals weak and easy to kill.