Game-Labs Forum

New DLC idea instead of adding 1st rate DLC

I feel like adding a 1st rate DLC to the game is not such a great idea and if game-labs are trying to accumulate revenue to support their developers there are other ways. Offering a new DLC for around $10-$15 that gives the player the ability to claim an extra tow permit every day doesn't seem like a terrible idea in my eyes. Let me know what you guys think... ^-^

• Like 4

The idea seems ok to me, but for that price...ok, it's just a thought but i wouldn't go higher than 5 €. Or bundle it in a dlc with other comfort functions....like always wind from the back. XD -just kidding.

On the other hand flooding the market with loads of micro transactions may upset the crowd...;-)

Edited by ArtCoreValey

An additional tow dlc seems a good idea at first glance, but it should be handled with care imo, because it also reduces the ow trafic and thus the chance for PvP.

This said: One additional tow might work, but I certainly wouldn't ad more!

I’d also advise @admin to test the outcome of an additional tow in terms of ow traffic and PvP before releasing such a dlc.

Edited by Navalus Magnus
  • Like 1

On 2/13/2020 at 11:15 PM, Jsilva said:

I feel like adding a 1st rate DLC to the game is not such a great idea and if game-labs are trying to accumulate revenue to support their developers there are other ways. Offering a new DLC for around $10-$15 that gives the player the ability to claim an extra tow permit every day doesn't seem like a terrible idea in my eyes. Let me know what you guys think... ^-^

I dont like having one tow in the game let alone two, makes it far to easy to dominate the map

• Like 3

tie it into an idea already mooted

a trader dlc

extra tow per day ( also could make them expensive craftable )

extra contracts

extra cargo space

extra ships for sale

being able to tow an extra ship per day, would not imho take ships from the sea, it would more likely put them in ports / places where more pvp will occur

• Like 1

... I would like it to see more spanish ships in game ... but if I buy all DLCs I will have no space in docs for my crafted ships ...

@admin  ...  We need a solution for that problem ... all DLCs should be delivered with 1 dock space pls

Edited by Karpfanger
  • Like 3

If this topic is for suggestions for future DLC's:

• A Dhow (2 mast "xebec", with weaker armament and crew, and bigger hull).
  • A lugger (might be a trader with improved fishing capabilities and reduced sailing crew because sails can be operated from decks in luggers).
  • A DLC like Admiralty Connections, which would give 4 more outposts ("East India Connection"). 😃
  • French frigate L'Egyptienne (50 guns, 30 x 24lbs + 20 x 8lbs, that can be replaced by 9pd). Can be preferably called "La Forte", which is mentioned in books written by Louis Garneray who sailed in her, under command of Hubert Le Loup de Beaulieu. (*)
  • Hébé Class frigate (26 x 18lbs + 8 x 8lbs).
Edited by Aquillas
  • Like 1

(*) Hubert Le Loup de Beaulieu is one of my favourite French captains. Aging cousin of the young Louis Garneray, he was in command of the French frigate La Forte. Because of his age, he would soon receive command of a Ship of the Line, boring ship in which usually nothing happens. He made the following observation: the best gift that God can give to a man in this condition is a 24-pound ball in the chest. And God answered to this prayer on his next cruise back to France, when La Forte met HMS Sybille. (God was obliged to use a 18 pound ball, because 24 pounds were not available in this area in the Royal Navy frigates).

HMS Sybille could be a great addition too. 😉

3 hours ago, Conte D. Catellani said:

DLC Seasoned  Carpenter:

Seasoned Sheed permit + at the first use you choose the seasoned wood blueprint that you want to craft and you cant change.

So if you want the most popular three wood you have to pay three time the DLC

Plz, no.