Game-Labs Forum

Capture with AI in the fleet

MasterHunter

Question

Hi.
I have a question about the mechanics of capturing ships that I don't know if it can be done.
If I win a boarding, now I only know how to change the main ship, the one I drive, but I want to change another smaller boat that is handled by the fleet AI.
For example, my main ship is a Belle Poule and my IA fleet handles a Cerberus, if I win the boarding to a Surprise I want to change the Cerberus AI.

Suppose I have the complete fleet and I cannot add another, as is the case, I have to change one.
Is this possible to do? How?

Thanks.
Greetings.

3 answers to this question

Hola, buenas. Por lo que te he entendido lo que quieres es que teniendo un barco en flota, cambiar el que tienes el flota por otro no? En ese caso la unica forma que se me ocurre es que cambies el barco con tu IA, es decir te montes en tu IA y le ganes el abordaje el otro barco. Otra solucion es pone un perk de flota. Sobre si puedes deshechar una IA propia en batalla cambiandola por otra a la que has abordado, desconozco si se puede hacer, pero creo que no. Espero haberte ayudado, saludos!

On 2/12/2020 at 7:01 AM, MasterHunter said:

Hi.
I have a question about the mechanics of capturing ships that I don't know if it can be done.
If I win a boarding, now I only know how to change the main ship, the one I drive, but I want to change another smaller boat that is handled by the fleet AI.
For example, my main ship is a Belle Poule and my IA fleet handles a Cerberus, if I win the boarding to a Surprise I want to change the Cerberus AI.

Suppose I have the complete fleet and I cannot add another, as is the case, I have to change one.
Is this possible to do? How?

Thanks.
Greetings.

1. Capture the enemy ship by boarding but do not transfer crew.

2. Order your fleet AI ship to stop. Sail up to it In your original ship and stop. You should get an X. Transfer to that fleet  ship. Make sure you leave some crew on your original ship.

3. Now sail the ship that was originally your fleet but that you now intend to abandon over to the empty, captured enemy. Transfer to that ship with all of your crew, leaving no crew on that old fleet.

4. Order your current fleet ship to escape. This should be your first original ship if I’m understanding your goal correctly.

5. Once it has escaped, you can leave battle, now on that original enemy ship. Your original fleet ship will be abandoned.

Note this all needs to happen within 15 minutes of capturing that first ship or you’ll be thrown into Open Water before you’ve finished. Also note that once in OW, you will be in that captured ship with your original primary ship in fleet. You will have no knowledge slots selected and it will be armed and equipped as the original AI was. 

I will suggest that this thread be moved to Gameplay Questions section. 

Edited by Farrago