Game-Labs Forum

More Pagoda Towers coming?

Wakelessrex

I really hope we get more Bridge types of the japanese Pagoda style, my all time favorite ship was the Kongo Class and you cant totally emulate her in game for a few reasons. Even though as a legacy ship she makes more sense than say the bismarck or Yamato for a game named after the dreadnought. Anyway really hoping for me of these style of towers please. Also some nice bulges in future hulls would be amazing ;)
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d4/Haruna_1934.jpg

https://forum.game-labs.net/topic/31924-my-case-for-the-bulge-torpedos/

• Like 6

I would like to have more generic tower. All the late game hull have a very limited amount of tower available, often just one. These tower are extremely good (except for one on the 4th modern BB and its BC equivalent. That one is pretty bad) and basically make all previous hull obsolete. For late game there is not much building option, you have to go for the latest hull, and there is very few ways you can customize these model. That is not fun.

• Like 3

Thats true, there are few late game options right now. However the kongos pagoda though having it till the end of its career in WW2 was actually not a late war addition. It was added to the class in 1931 during her first reconstruction.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kongō-class_battlecruiser#/media/File:Kongo_after_reconstruction.jpg

So while people will see it as a "late game" tower it actually is also an early game tower getting more bang for your buck from the developers too.

• Like 2

I agree more variety is better, very much so. However we also have to be realistic, I very much doubt at this point in development that Darth will go back, or really could go back and completely change all the towers to be modular. It would take too much development away from creating new towers etc. For good or bad most of the major features in the game are at this point in development pretty set id say.

I really hope we get both the Kongo Tower AND the specific Hull with the torpedo bulge though. Despite me thinking it unlikely at this point.

If I had to do it myself. I would split superstructure and tower. Looking at the mesh they seem to be already two part merged. That what would be left would be to figure out a way to restrict what tower can go over each structure. The modeling part would be pretty easy (I use to teach modeling) As for the rest I do not know.

1 hour ago, RedParadize said:

If I had to do it myself. I would split superstructure and tower. Looking at the mesh they seem to be already two part merged. That what would be left would be to figure out a way to restrict what tower can go over each structure. The modeling part would be pretty easy (I use to teach modeling) As for the rest I do not know.

As a fellow modeler I think its more about the coding to get that working in the editor than it is the models (which they already pretty much have done)

But I think Darth would be more appropriate to answer that question than not, just my own experience with games tells me we're to late in the process for a change of that kind see as the system mostly works and is a success. Perhaps im wrong. Either way, more Pagodas please.

1 hour ago, Nick Thomadis said:

It is possible, because we continuously add new base models and towers, but we cannot promise when, since we have more important modelling priorities for covering the most important ship visuals of the era. We will try.

If I may ask, are you answering the title question or the possibility of splitting superstructure and tower in two part?

8 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

It is possible, because we continuously add new base models and towers, but we cannot promise when, since we have more important modelling priorities for covering the most important ship visuals of the era. We will try.

Thank you for your response, this makes me cautiously optimistic.

I would like to point out though that the Kongo class having been built in 1911 is a much more iconic ship of the "Dreadnought" era even with Pagoda than say the Yamato, Bismarck, or Iowa. Though I understand, as those are the most popular BB's why they were included right now.

Though I will say that the Kongo class and a few others specifically are I think a very good possible addition because they are a class that will basically be purchasable early game and that can make it feasibly all the way to late game as they did historically through refits.

Actually I realize I havent read anywhere or dont recall that the campaign will allow for ships refits or reconstructions but I sincerely hope that it does. I wold think thats pretty much a necessary feature especially for a campaign covering decades.

And finally heres some sexy shots of the class herself over her career.
EOIZNGSl.jpg
pPGnFpal.jpg
5HQNrhfl.jpg

Very sexy.

• Like 3

• 8 months later...

I would really like to see something like Hiei's superstructure during WW2, as she was fitted with a prototype superstructure for the Yamato-class. This is the same superstructure seen in the fully upgraded Kongo in World of warships. Overall it looks really nice and has a combo of the old tripod mast and the newer-looking pagoda tower 

• 7 months later...

yay! at least the fusos Pagoda was added along with her hull.
Though you cannot currently make the Kongo from the Fusos hull in game as the secondary hull layer goes to far back to the stern. Though something akin to the Nagato is then achievable.

However with minor modification you could change the current fuso hull so that you can achieve a much more authentic kongo class. I really hope this becomes a reality :)

Thank you for the added pagoda tower as is, hopefully more interesting developments for japan to come.

• Like 2

It should be noted that the "Advanced Pagoda Tower", and the Super Pagoda Towers are not in fact Pagoda at all.

Pagoda refers to the refitted three and six masted structures that were given additional floors, rooms, and area for equipment. 

For example the Kongo's apart from Hiei (who got a brand new Yamato prototype structure), Nagato class, and the Fuso/Ise classes.

Anything modelled after Yamato is NOT a pagoda structure.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 6/26/2021 at 10:00 PM, ThatZenoGuy said:

It should be noted that the "Advanced Pagoda Tower", and the Super Pagoda Towers are not in fact Pagoda at all.

Pagoda refers to the refitted three and six masted structures that were given additional floors, rooms, and area for equipment. 

For example the Kongo's apart from Hiei (who got a brand new Yamato prototype structure), Nagato class, and the Fuso/Ise classes.

Anything modelled after Yamato is NOT a pagoda structure.

This is a good point