Game-Labs Forum

Boarding sucks

Bremg

In the past few weeks I have noticed boarding is a hit and miss type thing and seems to be more complicated. So many times it happens to me too. It takes forever to line it up and many times the ship gets away and sure sometimes I don't even get the menu to transfer and instead I have to drop a boat to claim the ship I just captured.

Related 

9 hours ago, Bremg said:

https://imgur.com/a/XFGqBtm

This happens waaaaay too much. My 1000 crew transport has been like in the picture for 2-3 minutes and just wont board. Even though the shitty indicator says that it should, everything green, no boarding.

Try turning off the AI control. Have had basically no issues with boarding and I never use the AI control option.

32 minutes ago, pandakraut said:

Related 

Try turning off the AI control. Have had basically no issues with boarding and I never use the AI control option.

I don't think any of us mentioned AI control and I too never use it so you have not noticed it takes much more time to line it up for boarding most of the time?

47 minutes ago, doublebuck said:

I don't think any of us mentioned AI control and I too never use it so you have not noticed it takes much more time to line it up for boarding most of the time?

If you check the imgur screenshot in the original post you can see that the ship hud icon has the orange slash in the corner and the AI button is enabled in the list of ship buttons.

I have not noticed any recent changes in how long it takes ships to initiate boarding. I do usually move the ship to minimize the amount of distance that needs to be closed by the grappling lines if you aren't already doing that.

AI control wasn't on, but you cannot type while reporting a bug ingame, the hotkeys aren't disabled, that usually messes with ai and shot type. Its what happens here. 

The boarding and crew management after boarding are seriously flawed. This is one of the most important mechanics in the game, this should be properly fixed. 

Another addition. 

Transferred minimal crew to a ship, that didn't move for the rest of the mission, no indication what wrong of course. 

Minimal crew isn't the minimal crew? Another bug?

It showed the lifeboat icon but couldn't get the crew into the lifeboat (another bug)

It surrendered  apparently without a message..

Edited by Bremg