Game-Labs Forum

Game is becoming unplayable due to non shooting glitch

Adonnus

I am up to Antietam in my CSA campaign playthrough. So far I have no complaints in this game and no problems except one. My soldiers often just won't shoot.

Full reload, full ammunition, not blocked. They are being charged by a Union unit in an open field. So naturally I want them to give them a volley before the Union troops close in to melee. So I right click. And right click. And right click. They raise up their muskets and do nothing. The reload bar is stuck at full. Suddenly they are eating up deaths, in melee and haven't fired a single shot at a unit which was right in front of them.

This glitch is really a cancer that makes it unplayable. I had this error in a previous battle. What I found was, a certain unit would be affected by this disease, and no matter what I did or pressed, it stayed that way until the end of the battle. I was in a situation (Second Mannassas) where two of my infantry brigades were in a forest defending. Both were absolutely identical except that one of them randomly stopped being able to shoot halfway through the battle. The one which didn't have this problem ended up with 1.5k more kills than the other. (I lost the battle btw. This glitch probably helped with that).

So basically, I would like this glitch to be resolved, or at least tell me a way to get around it.

You should try installing Panda's UI/AI modification, which fixes a number of bugs with the vanilla game and generally makes for a far better vanilla experience. I'm not sure if this specific bug was fixed but it's worth a try. You can find it linked in these forums.

First step is to try not constantly assigning a new attack order to try and get the unit to fire. At best you're doing nothing, but it's possible you are reseting the aiming animation.

If the unit may need to rotate to fire, set it to run, assign the target if needed, and wait. Aiming time is semi random so it will be slightly longer sometimes.

If these don't resolve your issues, if possible please try to make a video of the issue occurring.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 2/10/2020 at 3:53 AM, adishee said:

You should try installing Panda's UI/AI modification, which fixes a number of bugs with the vanilla game and generally makes for a far better vanilla experience. I'm not sure if this specific bug was fixed but it's worth a try. You can find it linked in these forums.

Where is it linked?  All I've found is the UI and AI Customization ModV1.8.1.