Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Hotfixes for Feb-March

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, dron44I said:

 

New rewards for PvP Hunt is too much. IMHO 

More CM = Cheaper CM. Sell what you don't need. Players will buy, use for upgrades and hopefully more pvp this way.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, admin said:

the small group privateers will be added to both servers.. roaming some areas - which can be used as a reliable source for small groups too.

can you add those Privateer packs (2+) inside capital waters please. New guys need that flavor from the start. Give them some basic Chest drop with basic ship deeds and colors to get them going. Many have 0 idea what is out there... 

Also, can you show NPC flag when clicking on them? Every ship sailed under some flag that NA does not have. Maybe inside I (info)

Edited by Audacious
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Main post updated

 

Additional changes to Raiders Port Battles will be applied this week
1) Raider Port battles on Peace server will now happen daily and NPC raiders will only attack ports owned by NPCs to allow more port control for players (current speed is not enough), this will be done until NPCs will lose control of all ports. After this happened NPC raids will continue at old speed (9 ports per weekend).
2) Raider port battles on War server will no longer happen - we are taking them down for rework or abandonment. They have not achieved what was expected from them and only annoyed the players. 



 

  • Like 19
  • Thanks 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, admin said:


2) Raider port battles on War server will no longer happen - we are taking them down for rework or abandonment. They have not achieved what was expected from them and only annoyed the players. 



 

Oh yes. Thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, admin said:

Main post updated

 

Additional changes to Raiders Port Battles will be applied this week
1) Raider Port battles on Peace server will now happen daily and NPC raiders will only attack ports owned by NPCs to allow more port control for players (current speed is not enough), this will be done until NPCs will lose control of all ports. After this happened NPC raids will continue at old speed (9 ports per weekend).
2) Raider port battles on War server will no longer happen - we are taking them down for rework or abandonment. They have not achieved what was expected from them and only annoyed the players. 



 

Will you give any other incentive to not join the largest nation then instead?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, admin said:

Main post updated

 

Additional changes to Raiders Port Battles will be applied this week
1) Raider Port battles on Peace server will now happen daily and NPC raiders will only attack ports owned by NPCs to allow more port control for players (current speed is not enough), this will be done until NPCs will lose control of all ports. After this happened NPC raids will continue at old speed (9 ports per weekend).
2) Raider port battles on War servers will no longer happen - we are taking them down for rework or abandonment. They have not achieved what was expected from them and only annoyed the players. 



 

NPC port battles haven't achieved balancing the nations by making some "angry" players leave the top 3 nations.

An outcome which was anticipated by some players.

If you really look for a more balanced, thus healthier and prosper, server we have already given you the answer, a thousand times. 

Edited by Montagnes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, admin said:

Main post updated

 

Additional changes to Raiders Port Battles will be applied this week
1) Raider Port battles on Peace server will now happen daily and NPC raiders will only attack ports owned by NPCs to allow more port control for players (current speed is not enough), this will be done until NPCs will lose control of all ports. After this happened NPC raids will continue at old speed (9 ports per weekend).
2) Raider port battles on War server will no longer happen - we are taking them down for rework or abandonment. They have not achieved what was expected from them and only annoyed the players.
 

There should be an incentive to join a smaller nation in light of this change.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gregory Rainsborough said:

There should be an incentive to join a smaller nation in light of this change.

If it is not enough to have a challange, nothing will motivate you.

I think it is great with 2 powers. They create lots of content for the rest of us.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'd have liked to have seen ( pvp server) the raider port battles attacking the ports that nobody goes to / take the least money. That way , they could have been used as training for nations if they wished or open up ports for others to use. Just my thoughts

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, admin said:

1) Raider Port battles on Peace server will now happen daily and NPC raiders will only attack ports owned by NPCs to allow more port control for players (current speed is not enough), this will be done until NPCs will lose control of all ports. After this happened NPC raids will continue at old speed (9 ports per weekend).

I understand that daily attacks are an addition to what we already have (weekly attacks), and only these daily attacks will not attack players' port. I hope that the raiders' attacks on the players' port remain on the weekends. I'm right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Sersanara said:

I understand that daily attacks are an addition to what we already have (weekly attacks), and only these daily attacks will not attack players' port. I hope that the raiders' attacks on the players' port remain on the weekends. I'm right?

 "Raider Port battles on Peace server will now happen daily and NPC raiders will only attack ports owned by NPCs to allow more port control for players" and after when all NPC ports will be in players hands we will back to 9 rides per weekend - that what i understand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, admin said:

2) Raider port battles on War server will no longer happen - we are taking them down for rework or abandonment. They have not achieved what was expected from them and only annoyed the players.

*shocked* 😲 But honestly though, something needs to be done about the difference in player pop, either you have some kind of alliance system so people can actually help the nations they are considered friendly with in RVR. Or there needs to be some kind of bonus with joining a low pop nation, be it admirality gift and free forged papers or something

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Holm Hansen said:

would be nice if there were comparable possibilities for the PVE-server players

Join the pvp server then, you can farm fleets undisturbed on pve...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

*shocked* 😲 But honestly though, something needs to be done about the difference in player pop, either you have some kind of alliance system so people can actually help the nations they are considered friendly with in RVR. 

this-is-the-way.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, admin said:

Main post updated

 

Additional changes to Raiders Port Battles will be applied this week
1) Raider Port battles on Peace server will now happen daily and NPC raiders will only attack ports owned by NPCs to allow more port control for players (current speed is not enough), this will be done until NPCs will lose control of all ports. After this happened NPC raids will continue at old speed (9 ports per weekend).
2) Raider port battles on War server will no longer happen - we are taking them down for rework or abandonment. They have not achieved what was expected from them and only annoyed the players. 



 

Question on PvE: how many port will be attacked daily?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@admin why not make "wooden chest" a rare trading mission reward too? That will be given after delivering and  has to be sailed to "friendly port"  in order to open it?

 

I mean it contains crafing stuff = merchant

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a suggestion for the PVE server:

Make seasoned wood for combat medals available in the admirality store, expensive but available. In example 10 or 20 logs for 1 combat medal.

On this way, there would be no farm threshold and everybody can work with the same activity what do here anyway, slowly, but with progress, towards the s-wood. Also, nobody will forced to sail ship-classes, which he may not like. (which might otherwise be necessary for privateer fleets)

And finally, it would also reduce the surplus of combat medals, so that these will be more attractive again, ... never mind how much someone own of them.

Edited by Holm Hansen
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Holm Hansen said:

a suggestion for the PVE server:

Make seasoned wood for combat medals available in the admirality store, expensive but available. In example 10 or 20 logs for 1 combat medal.

On this way, there would be no farm threshold and everybody can work with the same activity what do here anyway, slowly, but with progress, towards the s-wood. Also, nobody will forced to sail ship-classes, which he may not like. (which might otherwise be necessary for privateer fleets)

And finally, it would also reduce the surplus of combat medals, so that these will be more attractive again, ... never mind how much someone own of them.

If you than add an exchange reales to dubs, you got the economy 90% fixed. Guild Wars eg had a bot exchanging currencies. Bot would adjust exchange rate to supply/demand.

This would also take care of the different difficulty of generating income in a certain currency per server.

Example: trade for reales is riskfree on PvE, result: reales are worth nothing on PvE. Thus the exchange rate reales to dubs would be higher by auto adjusting to supply/demand.

Historically reales were silver coins, doublons were gold coins.....and they could be exchanged.

Edited by Jan van Santen
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, z4ys said:

@admin why not make "wooden chest" a rare trading mission reward too? That will be given after delivering and  has to be sailed to "friendly port"  in order to open it?

 

I mean it contains crafing stuff = merchant

Looking for more rich preys? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

Looking for more rich preys? :D

At least trading mission cargo wouldn't just go right to the bottom

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jan van Santen said:

If you than add an exchange reales to dubs, you got the economy 90% fixed. Guild Wars eg had a bot exchanging currencies. Bot would adjust exchange rate to supply/demand.

This would also take care of the different difficulty of generating income in a certain currency per server.

Example: trade for reales is riskfree on PvE, result: reales are worth nothing on PvE. Thus the exchange rate reales to dubs would be higher by auto adjusting to supply/demand.

Historically reales were silver coins, doublons were gold coins.....and they could be exchanged.

in fact absolutely right, but ...

... i would rather exclude the Reals when i look at the tax revenues of some ports. Where Reals are simply generated from nothing. Unfortunately, the imbalance in the Reals is already too great for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PEACE Server - Raiders ATTACK!
Peace server - raiders have decided that they want to make all NPC controlled ports neutral. Allowing players to take over ALL ports in the region

War Server - Raiders Withdraw!
Raiders have got port battles out of their system and decided that they will better resort to privateering activities on the open world. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, admin said:

War Server - Raiders Withdraw!
Raiders have got port battles out of their system and decided that they will better resort to privateering activities on the open world. 

idea, elite fleets/ships to attack players? As actual privateers

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...