Game-Labs Forum

Cannot transfer units

Bremg

2 hours ago, Bremg said:

So I've captured a sloop that can carry 170 units. I want to use it in the same battle as I caputured it, but it WONT take units. Why is this?
Bug right?

I have noticed that too.  I know what class of ship I capture and sometimes not all times the crew I transfer to the ship stays but if I have a few boats on the ocean and want to put more sailors onto that ship I captured it seems it won't let me so I have to send the boats back to the ship they came from. The icon on that captured ship when you select a unit to go into that ship is the same icon when you have a ship that is full and you can't put anymore on it even though that ship I capture only had 50 on it when it could hold 225 or more.

3 hours ago, Bremg said:

So I've captured a sloop that can carry 170 units. I want to use it in the same battle as I caputured it, but it WONT take units. Why is this?
Bug right?

Could you please send in-game report via F11 button once you face the problem again

Also, if you want to post it on the forum, you can make a screenshot with the problem, upload it on services like imgur.com and link it here

It happens non stop, there is not a single captured ship where you can transfer all your units to even though you have less units than the enemy had. So just board any ship and try to transfer units. You wont be able to transfer all from 1 ship to another if you have over 1 boat

There are no individual soldiers in the game. Each set is comprised of 1 or more officers that have a certain x amount of men under their command. Now ships can only have so many officers meaning if try to put 2 officers on a 1 officer ship, it won’t work. Another reason for this, is that you can’t leave your own ship abandoned and each ship has a certain min crew attached to it. In essence, you can only transfer officers (and prize crews which is just the min) and each ship can only hold so many officers even if the total crew is way under the max that ship could hold.

• Like 1

I hape to god they will change that. Doesn't make any sense. 

Im also pretty sure this isn't always the case, even when 1 officer is aboard a 4 officer ship captured you cannot put another on it, sometimes, if not all times. 

In land battles you can even merge units, so officers are working together and soldiers are merged. 

I’m not sure the system can really hand you doing that. Each individual officer has their own stats and affects the soldiers in different ways. To be able to dynamically change how many soldiers each of them control could become incredibly exploitable. 

5 minutes ago, Bremg said:

Im also pretty sure this isn't always the case, even when 1 officer is aboard a 4 officer ship captured you cannot put another on it, sometimes, if not all times. 

I have never experienced this but haven’t actually played through the campaigns in several patches. I’ll take a look at this later and find out. 

You can crew enemy ships with multiple officers.  But the limit is more on the crew (weight) available.  

If I recall, you have a hard limit on enemy troop transports, where the land unit slots max out the amount of officer that ship can hold, plus the one officer to captain the ship (in addition to the weight limit).  

Some nice to have things would be a prize crew officer.  Basically how I see this working is a jr officer, ensign or below, as an additional officer slot on the ship.  If a officer is killed or wounded, the jr officer can fill in.  Otherwise this officer can be used for a prize crew.  This way, you can get a stat boost so that your prize ship can retreat effectively.  When the jr officer is in the reserve slot, it should get an exp modifier so that you can't level as fast.  Perhaps a 50% exp reduction.  

Also would be nice to bring back the transfer crew slider in the tutorial.  For instances in which I want more crew than the minimum, but do not want to sacrifice an officer to the prize ship.  

2 hours ago, Bremg said:

It happens non stop, there is not a single captured ship where you can transfer all your units to even though you have less units than the enemy had. So just board any ship and try to transfer units. You wont be able to transfer all from 1 ship to another if you have over 1 boat

I just captured a ship, transfer an officer from one ship and send others with boats. It works fine. I was not able to send more than max crew capacity allows. Maybe you have different situation but this is what I understood from description.

https://imgur.com/a/EjhMgXs 

There you go, 3 free officer slots, this ship had over 300 crew, so there is plenty space. Still I cannot add a single crew to it.

Your definition of working fine differs from mine

Update: 
https://imgur.com/a/q6y2M4k
Another one straight after capture in the menu, also doesn't work
After the screen i tried the same thing as in the first situation, put the officer and crew in boats and then on the captured ship. There are officer slot, there is crew space but the unit cannot enter the new ship. 

Edited by Bremg