Game-Labs Forum

Are "Tools" really craftable by a player?

Admiral Olsen

Question

I need some clarification, please.

I don't like to collect Tools in certain ports and to move them to my homeport. I'd like to craft the ressource "Tools" by myself in my workshop / forge.

The Naval Action map shows under "List admiralty Items and recipes" the item "Tools" and what Tools consist of:

10 labour hours 1000 reals 5 Iron Ore 5 Coal

= 1 Tool

I've got told, there's a Tools-blueprint from a Wooden Chest, but I have not found anyone, who has such a blueprint for the ressource "Tools". Blueprints from this chest, which captains find in the game after raiding a privateer fleet, seem to be related only to seasoned woods, which I don't want to craft.

So has anyone already found a blueprint, which enables him to craft tools by himself with the ressources, I mentioned above? Which one is it?

Thanks in advance, cpt's...

7 answers to this question

35 minutes ago, Admiral Olsen said:

Thanks a lot, that sounds like a useful explanation, why I still did not found it. And I'm pretty sure, no one would ever sell it, when this blueprint is so hard to achieve 😕

will raise next hotfix.. indeed too low. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

40 minutes ago, Admiral Olsen said:

Yes, I'm reading that too. I found a captain, who claims he had over 200 raids against privateer fleet, but never got a blueprint for Tools out of a wooden chest, only for seasoned woods.

That's why I'm asking, if it's already in the game or maybe not...

So I ran 5000 simulations based on the API data (9 (s) blueprints + tools blueprint, each with a 20% chance of appearing in any given drop), and the results were that the tools blueprint only appeared in approximately ~300 drops of the 5000 (about 5% of the time). It also was not uncommon to have strings of drops >100 without the tools blueprint ever appearing (the longest string I got was ~130 drops, I had 3 longer than 100). Therefore, based on my admittedly back-of-the-napkin math, your acquaintances anecdotal evidence sounds like an edge case, but not impossible.

Edited by GrubbyZebra
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, GrubbyZebra said:

So I ran 5000 simulations based on the API data (9 (s) blueprints + tools blueprint, each with a 20% chance of appearing in any given drop), and the results were that the tools blueprint only appeared in approximately ~300 drops of the 5000 (about 5% of the time). It also was not uncommon to have strings of drops >100 without the tools blueprint ever appearing (the longest string I got was ~130 drops, I had 3 longer than 100). Therefore, based on my admittedly back-of-the-napkin math, your acquaintances anecdotal evidence sounds like an edge case, but not impossible.

Well some of us just don't have luck with RNG GODS.  I know I'm one of those guys.  While not the wood chest but I open a lot of gold chest and only gotten three permits from them and nothing out of the odinary while I see guys getting permits all the time.    RNG just sucks for some folks.   I still haven't been able to get a group together when I'm on to try a raid/privateer fleet and get the wooden chest.  Few AI port battles I have been in it's very greedy snag of those chest which honestly should be more for those that are in the port battle.  Even worse share than epic events chest that you have to split between 6 players.

Just think of it as you might of pissed off the RNG GODs and will never get that one good role.....hint reason I have bought all my Reno permits so far...lol