Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum

game feeeze up


Sturm561
 Share

Recommended Posts

The game freezes/locks up during the intro to either of the campaigns.  I can play a battle or tutorial but never a campaign.  I have done a repair, an uninstall and re-install and still nothing. I have also submitted two bug reports.  If it helps I have had issues installing when it asks for the C++ , I get an error message saying that I have a newer version and it can't download over the newer version.  As it is I'm stuck and it looks like I have no help in sight after reading the other posts.  Game looks cool and I own UGCW and UGgettysburg so I'm really looking forward to this one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Sturm561 said:

The game freezes/locks up during the intro to either of the campaigns.  I can play a battle or tutorial but never a campaign.  I have done a repair, an uninstall and re-install and still nothing. I have also submitted two bug reports.  If it helps I have had issues installing when it asks for the C++ , I get an error message saying that I have a newer version and it can't download over the newer version.  As it is I'm stuck and it looks like I have no help in sight after reading the other posts.  Game looks cool and I own UGCW and UGgettysburg so I'm really looking forward to this one.

Greetings,

As the first step could you please try to reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019 from Microsoft site: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No, sorry it didn't work.  I did a clean install of everything along with the C++ program.  I can play the tutorials and the battles just fine but get locked up in the intro screens to the campaigns.  I LOVE my games from this company and look forward to playing this one...please help.  If it helps I have the Admiral version of the game and my graphics are listed below.  Thank you very much.

Operating System:    Windows 10 Home, 64-bit
DirectX version:    12.0
GPU processor:        GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
Driver version:        442.19
Driver Type:        Standard
Direct3D API version:    12
Direct3D feature level:    12_1
CUDA Cores:        1152
Core clock:        1544 MHz
Memory data rate:    8.01 Gbps
Memory interface:    192-bit
Memory bandwidth:    192.19 GB/s
Total available graphics memory:    11224 MB
Dedicated video memory:    3072 MB GDDR5
System video memory:    0 MB
Shared system memory:    8152 MB
Video BIOS version:    86.06.11.00.77
IRQ:            Not used
Bus:            PCI Express x16 Gen3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ink - I sent two reports via F11.  I just wanted to tell you I have beta tested 8 different games and I fully understand this is an early access game so I am trying to help as opposed to complain and I am a retired engineer so I have some time to tinker with the game.  I will continue to send F11 bug reports and work with you in any way I can.  At this very moment I am trying a clean sweep by uninstalling everything including the C++ downloads and will do a fresh install from scratch.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sturm561 said:

Ink - I sent two reports via F11.  I just wanted to tell you I have beta tested 8 different games and I fully understand this is an early access game so I am trying to help as opposed to complain and I am a retired engineer so I have some time to tinker with the game.  I will continue to send F11 bug reports and work with you in any way I can.  At this very moment I am trying a clean sweep by uninstalling everything including the C++ downloads and will do a fresh install from scratch.

 

Thank you , please let us know if the problem is solved after those steps

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

49 minutes ago, Ink said:

Thank you , please let us know if the problem is solved after those steps

No.  I also tried different graphic resolution settings with no effect.  I sent you two F11 bug reports titled game freeze attn Ink.  I can hear the sound effects and music and I also figured that the campaign load may take awhile longer so Ii let it sit loading for about 10 minutes but the screen never changed.  I also tried running as administrator, loading in a different drive (i.e. "C" drive and then "D" drive).

When I reinstalled this last time it asked again for me to install the C++ program and I selected yes and this time it said it was installed and I had no error message, I got a successful install reply.  Again ,the tutorials and the battles run great...no issues and the graphics are smooth and clear with no FPS loss or any jumpiness.  I am at a loss right now but am open to try whatever you think.  Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, sterner said:

Have got report. Do you have the same situation for both campaigns? It is very strange because there is nothing in code in campaign intro. Do you have music and voice?

Yes, both campaigns...I sent a bug report of both campaigns.  I get music, sound effects and voice until the specific load screen (same spot for both british and american) and then the voice stops but the music and sound effects continue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Sturm561 said:

Yes, both campaigns...I sent a bug report of both campaigns.  I get music, sound effects and voice until the specific load screen (same spot for both british and american) and then the voice stops but the music and sound effects continue.

Just downloaded latest patch - don't know why but it works!!  I'm in both campaigns and working like a charm!!!!!

Edited by Sturm561
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...