The mighty Swedish Regatta

pietjenoob

15 minutes ago, pietjenoob said:

If british have a video of this PB i am more than willing to listen to it

a lot of ppl I suppose.

19 minutes ago, z4ys said:

I am proud finally some sailed "proper ships"

Definately.

And you can guess who dropped on Swedish channels the idea of the power of Privateer swarms - especially now equipped with 24carros.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Raekur said:

I guess with the damage capability of the towers and fort being reduced we will see more port battles done in lighter ships.

Reduced?

At point blank a tower liquifies a snow in a couple minutes. Forts are totally OP (damage, range and undestructible) at the moment, especially for light ships (making ports like Nassau un-attackable). As often happened, Devs "battleaxe-balancing" makes things moving from negligible to deadly and viceversa; in both cases well afar from "balance".

In this case the point was simply the mass (and speed) of the privateers fleet: splitted damage and reduced time underfire.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

Reduced?

At point blank a tower liquifies a snow in a couple minutes. Forts are totally OP (damage, range and undestructible) at the moment, especially for light ships (making ports like Nassau un-attackable). As often happened, Devs "battleaxe-balancing" makes things moving from negligible to deadly and viceversa; in both cases well afar from "balance".

In this case the point was simply the mass (and speed) of the privateers fleet: splitted damage and reduced time underfire.

That's true. Fort power is high.

Some ships are less hurted by them, including the privateers used by SWE yesterday, because they are small targets (fort precision of fire is not that big, in particular in elevation aiming) and privateer masts are quite difficult to hit down. But Rediii's Requin was smashed hard by the fort yesterday (bigger target). This was the only moment when we Brits found the fortifications useful yesterday. At other moments, they were almost as dangerous for us than for you (you cannot know what they will fire on next, and if you are in between, bye bye masts...)

There is presently no counter measure to forts, since mortar brigs range, rate of fire and precision was reduced so much that they are now out of the gameplay.

The only way is stay in fort range a small time, do what you can during this time, then run. Privateers can stay longer, and run faster. :)

Edited by Aquillas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Tbf I watched some of the match via stream, and I wasn't very impressed with the british.. I saw no tactics from them, no cooperation and no adjustments once it was clear that the swedes came in 6th-7th rates..

The match would've been a lot different had it been against a coordinated fleet and I guess we'll see that when the swedes gets flipped again.

Edited by Guest

28 minutes ago, Earl of Grey said:

Imho british already failed in screening. Screening fleet was unorganized and small, then it seems they just went in battle with the swedish screeners. I saw no attempt to Tag the PB Fleet ... 

They have tagged us, but we just dispersed and sailing against the wind good luck catching a privateer with a square sailer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Earl of Grey said:

Imho british already failed in screening. Screening fleet was unorganized and small, then it seems they just went in battle with the swedish screeners. I saw no attempt to Tag the PB Fleet ... 

1 minute ago, pietjenoob said:

They have tagged us, but we just dispersed and sailing against the wind good luck catching a privateer with a square sailer

Yes and after all of our Privateers got in they agreed on having some fun outside and fighting the swedish screeners. Afterall it is a game and meant to be fun.  Big shoutout to Rook for getting the GB screeners organized for that fight!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Earl of Grey said:

Let me know how to screen privs and lrqs.

BTW a good share of sweden fleet was tagged. Obviously: how to stop them?

7 hours ago, Bryan Von Gyldenloeve said:

Well I was there. Nobody exorcted a fleet of privaters. Most thought it was a decoy. We where also surpriced they could win the battle. We where sure the forts would kill them.

There was not a fleet, they came in one at the time. 
Short Sweden out foxed all.

Just dogmatic sweden were surprised.

Because they are not used to unrated ships 😎