Game-Labs Forum

Remove the Misleading Trailers

DetCord

As much as I enjoy the game, you're only doing yourselves a disservice as a developer having trailers that are no longer representative of the product in its current and future form.

Things like this need to go.

Edited by DetCord
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, DougToss said:

I don't know that they've commented how how modular hulls will bet yet. 

It's still false advertisement, since the mechanic isn't ready to be implemented yet and isn't in game giving off a flase impression. Or won't be due to how complex switching parts from different 3d models (plus textures, plus uv's), which is something the AI would need to get used too.

I would love if the above comes into play at somepoint, but a new trailer should be created to showcase a more accurate portrail of the current product.

1 hour ago, Cptbarney said:

It's still false advertisement, since the mechanic isn't ready to be implemented yet

If that's still their vision on how the designer will work is not false advertisement. Is a "work in progress". xD

Only thing I wonder if that's still in their mind for the designer or not. Which I don't know. And I'd love to see confirmation about it 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RAMJB said:

If that's still their vision on how the designer will work is not false advertisement. Is a "work in progress". xD

Only thing I wonder if that's still in their mind for the designer or not. Which I don't know. And I'd love to see confirmation about it 

Yeah, but if its not in the game then people will just look at the trailer, try and find it in the game. Then will complain or even actively go out there way to convince people not to play. I mean you should of checked the reddit for the puerto rico disaster in world of warships and how even though some of stuff might be considered minor, it still drew a huge amount of ire towards the devs (and justfied as well in the more reasonable comments anyways), im just making sure the devs get the least amount of 'credible' hate if you get my meaning (hopefully lol).

I hope so, its a really interesting mechanic and i think they confirmed it worked but was too complex to implement. I guess for now they may use sliders to end adjust length and width but keeping with the same hull.

I really like the idea however hope it comes to furition.

• Like 4

The only two parts which are currently not in game is the one barbette/belt torpedo tube thing appearing and the dreadnought style wing turrets being added. Everything else is just a size change as it currently happens when you adjust displacement and can be recreated in the game as it is by said displacement slider or by switching hull types.

I think it's still pretty representative of what the game is at the moment. Yes, there is the animation which we don't have and don't need. But there is no message that we could combine different hulls in this video, as the animation is used to show transition from one size and hull time to another, not to infer complete freedom of hull customization.

You are grasping straws, @DetCord.

Actually, it is no longer representative.  On 06-Oct-2019, Nick Thomadis in the  thread ">>> Ship Designer Feedback<<<" under the "Shipyard Discussions" said the following:

" The Auto-Designer is made in a way that player can easily understand what to do, create his ship fast and send it to combat. Making the system even more detailed, with cut parts (we tried that) would raise so many questions about usability for players, even ourselves the developers, that the game would lose a lot of its playability. We will add several more design options but not cut parts. Much later, we can try to add more complexity, but first we have to focus on finishing the game's campaign. "

I'm sorry I couldn't get the quotation trick to work from one thread to the next.  Anyways, that issue was brought up on the first page of discussion.  I admit, that initial video is what brought me to invest in early access in the game.  From the tone of his response, I do not expect that form of designer to return and instead us to use pre-formed hulls.  I would find that acceptable provided they have a very large selection of hulls to work with to make up for the loss of cut parts.  An even better idea would be to allow easy use for modders to input original hull designs.  Regardless, I do feel the video as is with the direction stated by the admin to be misleading.

• Like 1