Game-Labs Forum

Raid battle captured 18 cannons and none in reward.

doublebuck

I would like to know if the DEV made a change to cannon units. I am at near the end of the American Campaign although I can't get past Valcour red zone defeat crap bug which a DEV said he fixed it on 25th update so I played it and same bug defeat. But my question is at this point in American Campaign I don't have the canon tech unit yet so I am wondering what change did the DEV do to the game when it comes to cannons?

Prior this last months update when I captured cannon units with my marines that unit became a cannon unit whether I had the tech or not.  But now in my new campaign I capture a ton of cannons in all the land battles and none of my marines turn into cannon units now and not only that like in the RAID battle just now I captured all 18 of the enemy cannons and no cannon made it to my armory as a reward or even a percentage of it and I would like to know why?  I know for a fact when I played British I had a tone of cannons and cannon units by capturing units I am 19 battles into the campaign and I don't have the tech nor have any cannons that I captured and I would like to know why?

According to the patch notes, there has been no change to the way artillery work. However, I find that actually having your units convert to artillery is awkard and often is riddled with bugs especially when you don't have the tech for it. Also, once a bug is attached to a save, chances are the patch won't fix it if that makes sense. Otherwise saying, you would need to replay through the entire campaign to not have the bug on Valcour appear.

13 hours ago, WilliamTheIII said:

According to the patch notes, there has been no change to the way artillery work. However, I find that actually having your units convert to artillery is awkard and often is riddled with bugs especially when you don't have the tech for it. Also, once a bug is attached to a save, chances are the patch won't fix it if that makes sense. Otherwise saying, you would need to replay through the entire campaign to not have the bug on Valcour appear.

Yeah, I ran a new campaign and got through Valcour but what I am saying is how can I go through 22 battles and in every land battle I captured all of the enemy guns and I am saying something is messed up for none of those guns get into my armory as a reward which is not realistic and I would even say that George Washington would agree with me if he had a unit that captured enemy guns he would have them and would keep them in his army.  Why no guns, do you have this issue or did the DEV nerf cannons just to make the game harder for us?

British Campaign  chapter 3.4 my current progress.

The only big guns in my army are mortars.

The Navy on the other hand is armed to the teeth with guns of all caliber.

Would be great if you could select the following one Navy tech , one Army tech and one random tech.

Captured plenty of guns just can't use them because of no research.

Cannon.PNG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Strategy General said:

Would be great if you could select the following one Navy tech , one Army tech and one random tech.

Cannon.PNG

WOW you got cannons in your armory what's the secret?  I played 22 battles in a new American campaign and I didn't get the tech for cannons and although I captured every cannon in every land battle I didn't get any in the goods report zero.

Seems to have been a bug or ghost change not in patch notes.  But yes I can also confirm that in prior patches, you used to be able to capture cannon as inventory.  However after this patch, this is no longer the case.  This impacts both saves and new campaigns.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2020 at 6:40 PM, Strategy General said:

Cannon.PNG

What a great idea to have separate weapons tech trees available!