Game-Labs Forum

American campaign Furs and Battle of Valour Island Bugs

doublebuck

Already F11 but I am putting this out.

FURS when the 1st phase ends suddenly all unit icons stick together on screen so when you move your mouse all those icons go everywhere you move the mouse so all units don't function because I can't link all those icons to the units.  So affectively what I had to do was run down the time of the mission for all the units on field are frozen in place so because I already had the fort but all units are frozen in place I speed run down the time and it's weird that I got a victory for the time ran out and I only lost 40 men for the whole battle because of this same bug that was in one of the British campaign battles of long ago.

Battle of Valour Island just played it for the first time after this last update and to my surprise I got a defeat when I actually did the only objective again another broken mission about giving me credit for actually doing the only objective.  Where is quality control?  I captured 6 British ships by using my 3 ships for the battle.  In the last phase of the battle you are given a choice that you don't get to pick but what it is: is save fleet or eliminate enemy however when look at the objective the only one there is save fleet so something is broken.  The enemy in 2nd phase have 7 war ships equal to my 3 ships but my 3 ships are depleted due to the 3 waves of enemy ships so I choose to save fleet by that time which is the only real objective so the game shows you the red safe zone of where to sail your ships to.

I sent all 6 of the ships I captured, plus my 3 ships and about 5 or 6 of the ally ships so in other words every ship I had I sent them all into the safe red zone and once the last ship gets in there guess what?  I get a defeat even though I did the only real objective to do in the 2nd phase.  What I don't understand is why put a battle in the campaign for us to play when you don't even test it yourself to see if that objective works to give us a victory if we put all the ships in the red safe zone?  I will even bet if I wiped out those last 7 war ships the game objective would still show a red x in the save fleet box so it still would be a defeat what a joke!

4 hours ago, sterner said:

Battle of Valour is fixed in the latest hotfix. Furs have deeper issue but we work to fix all crashes. Thank you for your reports.

I disagree with you I just took in your update and played it just now and the same thing happened again and of course I F11.  This time I captured 7 of their war ships and I sailed every ship on the ocean in phase 2 to the safe red zone and again it gives me a defeat and a fail the war.  Get it out of the campaign if all you are going to do is lye.

Edited by doublebuck

Any battle you make that has a red safe zone for us to send our ships to safety after a required phase tells us to go there then you should make sure that when just one of our ships make it to that point then that should satisfy that kind of objective so we can get a victory and not a defeat when fleet retreat is the actual objective at that point of the battle.  Program it correctly for you have several battles that are like this and if they are working then why not this one?  If one ships gets there give us the green checkmark to get the victory.

Why waste hours of playing when your objective is not working correctly when only you find this out at the end of the battle which sucks big time!

I put over a dozen ships into that zone and it's gives me a defeat and a lost of the war when I had 40 rep.  I did what the game said to do and it's gives a defeat and your telling me it's fixed yeah right!

Make it so if one ship gets into that zone then it's a done deal, end of story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also fix every battle results in both campaigns to report correctly the results.  It is so stupid when it's does give us a victory yet all objectives are marked red X instead of a green X. 

Also fix (The Escape) battle report to reflect the ships and crew instead of Infantry for both sides.  I can see it maybe for Bunker Hill seeing you have soldiers however for a sea battle it makes no sense.

17 minutes ago, acarstens said:

I finished the battle of valcour island a few minutes ago with victory. I captured 4 ships and retreated in phase two. It works. But you cannot sink enemy ships. I could shot down the armor but not the hull ( sent F11).

Good for you but I tried a couple of times and it gives me a defeat which pisses me off.  I will give you an example.  In the Battle (Pain in the Neck) has a red zone and I put both transport ships into the safe red zone along with my ships and the game gave me a victory which makes me happy although the battle report shows those two objectives have red X instead of green x but I win so that is cosmetic and I am happy.

My point is in Valcour most recently I placed every freaking ship I have into that red zone and the game gives me a defeat and I have video proof if you want to see it. 

Now why can't the DEV insure that when 1 ship gets into that zone in phase two, meaning I fought a lot a ships but now I want to retreat as the game wanted me to do. Let god bless you for not having this problem but for me it is stopping me from enjoying this game. Because it gives me a defeat it makes me lose the war and I am bumped to main menu and what I am saying I started a new campaign and this Valcour is pissing me off. Now I do F11 and the DEV said he fixed it so I played it and same thing happens so how many times am I suppose to try and win it by putting all ships into that zone and find out I get a defeat when I am doing the only real objective and completed it.  This is why I am saying the moment 1 ship gets into that zone in phase two then the game should auto ensure a get a green check mark which will ensure I get a victory when the last ship on the sea gets to the zone.  

Each time I played it I captured 6 to 7 of their ships and I don't think I could sink any of them either.  But don't ask me to fight the 7 large ships that is why there is suppose to be fleet retreat into the red zone so why is my game giving me this problem? I did what the DEV recommended by start a new campaign and this happens?  I place every ship I captured and my 3 ships and all the remaining ally ships into the zone and the second the last ship gets there I get a defeat now you say you won it so do you know how much time you spent playing it but if you had my problem would you be happy in the end with a defeat even though you did the objective?  Specially. playing back to back and having the same issue would that make you happy?

if you looked at my true example Pain in the Neck I get a victory but objectives are in red not green in Valcour red x and defeat in both cases all ships went into safe zone so tell me why this is so?    

Another example in the battle Stay Hungry I captured the transport Kestrel and sent her and my ships into the red zone and got a victory which makes me happy but when I look at the battle report it shows all 4 objectives with red X so I did the two objectives of Kestrel and save fleet yet all 4 red x objectives but I won unlike in Valcour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 hours ago, sterner said:

Your logs are full of crashes, defeat is not related to broken objectives. Clam down, please, we work to fix all reported issue.

I will calm down but the game never ever crashed when I played Valcour every time I lose it I f11 and report it and when I click ok to end the battle report of the defeat even though all my ships are in that zone I get a defeat and lose the whole war I get that screen which puts me to the main menu for I lost the war so that is not a CRASH!

By the way even if I lost that battle and had 40 rep in my harbor before starting that battle why would I lose the war due to that one battle? In UGCW we only lost the war if our REP went to 0.

Now if you want me to delete all those stupid wrong crash reports I will but that won't prevent your logging an event of the game pushing me to the main menu because it gave me a defeat in that battle so I lose the war and get that screen to push me to the main menu.

From the time I bought this backer build game it might have crashed for real once or twice ever but I will tell you it never crashed on me in the battle of Valcour because if it did crash in the battle I would have never seen the end battle report so something is not right.

You need to define what a crash is?  A crash to me means if I had to ctl alt del to desktop or the game itself CTD so if the game crashed either way and is no longer running on the computer that is what it means to me.

I will say some times when I launch the game it may start to load but not show up on the screen so I will launch it again and then it comes up logs in and it may then show another instance from windows that I just cancel for you can't run the same app twice and then I can play the game so maybe if that creates a crash log then that may be the cause of why I may have some crash reports as you mentioned however that has nothing to do with the actual battle defeat in the red zone which is what I am complaining about.

Why can't you see that in other battles where a red zone is that when we need to sail a transport ship and the moment it gets there on the upper right of the screen a green check mark shows up in the objective for you to see and know that you did it. So what I am saying is what is happening to me is I can't eliminate all those British ships so in phase two at that moment I send a ship to that safe zone the upper right objective on the screen should show a green mark in the objective of fleet retreat and in my game it's still red or shows I have not done it yet even though I did so in the end it gives me a defeat every freaking time.

Do you want me to put the defeat on you tube so you can see it for you only allow 9,77mb here which is too small for the video?

Also you say defeat is not related to a broken objective my video shows I captured 7 ships and with my 3 ships plus a few ally ships I in phase two sail them all into the safe red zone and once the last ship gets there I get a defeat and a lost of the war with no crash what so ever so how can you say otherwise?

Edited by doublebuck

OK this is weird.  I was trouble shooting it just now. I deleted all the logs and rebooted my computer. This time around I loaded the launcher and the game came on. This time I didn't have to double click it again like I had to these past few days which would have loaded the game again so I could play it but I would have to close the little windows warning about another instance of the game trying to run so I just click to close it and continue on playing the game.  What I am saying is when I am in the game it will not crash so I don't know if this is what was creating an issue with the game in Valcour battle that wouldn't give me a victory even though I sailed all ships to the red zone.

The end result is, tonight I played that battle and once all ships go into that red zone and the game gave me a victory so I am happy although cosmetically the battle report goals still shows  the red X in the objectives but again at this point at least it gave me a win.  Sorry if you feel I was a little over the top but when I played that battle several times over the past few days with this issue that is the reason I went off.  Thanks for your effort!