Game-Labs Forum

Ship freezes in battles - Please report via F11 and on the forum

Ink

49 minutes ago, Karpfanger said:

I mean the problems in the last week after the patch that was supposed to bring more FPS and caused server crashes. I don't think this had anything to do with a worldwide overload due to the Corona crisis.
I just think it's sad that something like that is not properly tested before it is released on us.

Captain, server issue on 28th March does not related to the patch

Me and some others had problems on 27.03. ... ... and I think that the patch had something to do with it.
The lags that we all have left are another story... ...but maybe that's the RNG that some people want. For me, this reduces the fun of the game a lot.

But I don't want to dwell on it right now and I'm thinking my piece.

Edited by Karpfanger

Ink, my ship froze about 8 to 10 minutes ago. There were a few lag spikes earlier where it stopped and started but did not freeze up. Seems a general issue there.  I am running the connection test now. How long will it go on it has been a good 5 minutes and I really don''t want to lose my ship sitting in ow atm while waiting on it.  I also put an f11 report in as it was happening and did not wait for it to complete before i left the game to run the test.

When it hits the 10 minute mark i am killing it so hopefully it gathers what you need by then.

Ferrus

Edited by Ferrus Pugnum
typo and change

31 minutes ago, Ferrus Pugnum said:

Ink, my ship froze about 8 to 10 minutes ago. There were a few lag spikes earlier where it stopped and started but did not freeze up. Seems a general issue there.  I am running the connection test now. How long will it go on it has been a good 5 minutes and I really don''t want to lose my ship sitting in ow atm while waiting on it.  I also put an f11 report in as it was happening and did not wait for it to complete before i left the game to run the test.

When it hits the 10 minute mark i am killing it so hopefully it gathers what you need by then.

Ferrus

Unfortunately there is no F11 report from you. Do you have a screenshot during the freeze? It looks like connection issues taking into consideration you had lag spikes prior to the issue

I accidentally was recording at the time of the event. It happened around 12.36 est. When i first hit f11 to send a report nothing happened. i hit  it a second time to get the report window up.

The clip is attached below. very dark it was stormy but you can see the time in chat and the ping 0 status at bottom left plus the f11 window and the report prep. 

I logged out started the connection test. it ran for a good 10 minutes.  It should have been long enough.  I logged back in and ship was there no loss on my part.

Captain, judging from the video and the fact you could not complete connection test report there were some connection issues between the server and you. According to our logs server didn't experience any issue by that time. A workaround to find out the reason would be to try the game with a temporary turned off firewall/antivirus but most likely there were temporary connection issues on 3rd side ISPs

I have dropped 3 or 4 times since then. Once today and got kicked back out into the open world without losing my battle group or anything else.   I did f11 one in the last few days that did send a report in.

If I experience lag spikes like others are having I agree that it likely is the connection.  today I was sailing for an hour fine and no spikes or lag and it froze. Once I was booted out to open world again i sailed for a couple hours problem free.    I would say it is a combination of issues causing this for myself and others. Part with the game itself and part with steam and the connections to the game servers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello gents,

I had a problem with loss of control, 3, 4 days ago , when i sent a bug report (F11), and also i had the same problem last evening, but i did not sent a report then.

First time, it was in a battle with NPC,  for a few minutes it seems that my ship has been occupying the same space with all the ships in the battle , 3 in total, all on top of each other; i could not move but the client was not stuck, i saw sails moving.

The second time, it was in a pvp battle, i had the same situation, at least 2 ships on top of each other,and also a tree. Battle was with the land in sight.

1 hour ago, Cristo Guerillero said:

Hello gents,

I had a problem with loss of control, 3, 4 days ago , when i sent a bug report (F11), and also i had the same problem last evening, but i did not sent a report then.

First time, it was in a battle with NPC,  for a few minutes it seems that my ship has been occupying the same space with all the ships in the battle , 3 in total, all on top of each other; i could not move but the client was not stuck, i saw sails moving.

The second time, it was in a pvp battle, i had the same situation, at least 2 ships on top of each other,and also a tree. Battle was with the land in sight.

Greetings Captain, this is definitely a connection issue on your side as ping time is more than 7000 ms on a screenshot from the report

• 2 weeks later...

I lost a purple 5 slot Rattvisan today due to being kicked from the game repeatedly.
The first two times I was fighting NPCs, and almost got sunk. Then, i got one sunk and was waiting for the other one to sink and get booted AGAIN. When I come back in, a player has joined and I'm half sunk.

Lost five nice upgrades including guacata superior! I had about 4 million reals into that ship... and had spent an hour and a half trading to get those upgrades.

I'm already not in love with the Rattv... having buyer's remorse because it's not a great 4th rate. Then when I finally get a decent randomly generated one.. I lose it to this crap.
I know, server announcements were made about people being kicked randomly but man -this is frustrating.

21 minutes ago, DDZ_Vasduten said:

I lost a purple 5 slot Rattvisan today due to being kicked from the game repeatedly.
The first two times I was fighting NPCs, and almost got sunk. Then, i got one sunk and was waiting for the other one to sink and get booted AGAIN. When I come back in, a player has joined and I'm half sunk.

Lost five nice upgrades including guacata superior! I had about 4 million reals into that ship... and had spent an hour and a half trading to get those upgrades.

I'm already not in love with the Rattv... having buyer's remorse because it's not a great 4th rate. Then when I finally get a decent randomly generated one.. I lose it to this crap.
I know, server announcements were made about people being kicked randomly but man -this is frustrating.

Greetings, have you made a connection test or do you have a video with disconnects? It seems you were experiencing connection issues

Hi, 

I don't record most of the games I play, because even though I have a Geforce 1070, the stuttering can become unplayable.
My internet is stable though. I just did a DNS benchmark on Friday and all network drivers/software are up to date.

If you're asking for video evidence, I don't have that. Who records all the time hoping to catch something anyway? Not me. I'm here to sail and have fun; not make videos.

All I have is my empty spot in docks and less reals in my account to show for it, sadly.

Oh well... maybe one day when the server work is finished I will once again invest in a ship. Til then... I'll sail turds and not put expensive upgrades on them and lose to every PvP fight sine we're a little clan and don't have a ton of money.

Adding this: yesterday my friend Nokken,( who I've been playing online games with for ten years now,) was being disconnected all day randomly. He is in New York and has really fast internet, too.

I wonder how many other east coast US players are also getting connection issues. 

Anyway... I really like the game and where you guys are going with it. It's the total package for me. Usually... unless you are fighting an Endymion with 6mil worth of upgrades and all decent port bonuses, (usually Russian haha -they're RICH!!!) good skill can prevail.
The game is awesome, and this is the first time I've gotten screwed by connection issues. I was just thinking this morning that for the size of it this game runs very smoothly almost ALL the time. 

Seriously, you guys do a good job and the game is nice.

...but yeah, it sucked losing that ship

18 hours ago, DDZ_Vasduten said:

Adding this: yesterday my friend Nokken,( who I've been playing online games with for ten years now,) was being disconnected all day randomly. He is in New York and has really fast internet, too.

I wonder how many other east coast US players are also getting connection issues. 

Anyway... I really like the game and where you guys are going with it. It's the total package for me. Usually... unless you are fighting an Endymion with 6mil worth of upgrades and all decent port bonuses, (usually Russian haha -they're RICH!!!) good skill can prevail.
The game is awesome, and this is the first time I've gotten screwed by connection issues. I was just thinking this morning that for the size of it this game runs very smoothly almost ALL the time. 

Seriously, you guys do a good job and the game is nice.

...but yeah, it sucked losing that ship

Captain, unfortunately sometimes there could be temporary connection issues between USA and Europe on third side ISPs that we cannot affect in any way. In case the problem is on the server side we allways make announcement about it 

Just 5 mins ago i pulled an elite  ai Trinco that was almost sinking to not loose the loot. (Doing this often)

This time however, during pulling the ai ship kinda vanished, all i saw was its flag (as if i had pulled it into my own) than i was kicked out of battle, ended up in ow and got exp... (and no that was just about 25 mins into battle)

38 minutes ago, Jan van Santen said:

Just 5 mins ago i pulled an elite  ai Trinco that was almost sinking to not loose the loot. (Doing this often)

This time however, during pulling the ai ship kinda vanished, all i saw was its flag (as if i had pulled it into my own) than i was kicked out of battle, ended up in ow and got exp... (and no that was just about 25 mins into battle)

30 minutes ago, Knuddel said:

I had the Same. 2 min delay and than all commandy i gve bevor happend at once....

Captains, there was a short-term problem with instances, now everything is ok. We are monitoring the situation. Apologies for the inconvenience

• Like 1

Ink, 

The ship freezing still occurs but now most of the time if in open water i freeze for several seconds while my fellow pirates see me sailing and then my ship jumps ahead OR I dc right out of the game.  In the last two weeks I dc 2 to 5 times a day and in several cases inside battles. Lost a nice ship ending up under water leaving a battle and being pulled it  yo another battle while i logged out and in again to find i was boarded.   I have noticed that while playing Naval Action on some days there is a huge jump in transmit errors ( i use a wifi monitor to see how bad it is.)  I have very few of the same errors with other online games and activity.

The experience of being under water while jumping out of a port is annoying but when it happens going into a battle or worse yet leaving a battle with a hostile revenge fleet outside is suicidal and needs to be fixed.  The time it takes to log out and in again means most times you lose a ship if enemy around.

When I dc, discord normally is working clear as a bell so its not my network dropping.

I also like others have mentioned experience severe lag in battles. Today both my clan mate and I ( or i suppose yesterday several hours ago now) experienced a lag of a good minute or two where we could not control our ships at all in an ai fleet fight.   My guns would not fire for 30 second to a minute then fire without command and more.  He is on a wired Ethernet connection so my wifi cannot be blamed for all of this.

Reading the recent previous comments it is pretty apparent that many are still experiencing these issues on many different computer configurations. 

We would all greatly appreciate it if you can finally find and fix the issues causing these game breaking lag and dc issues that cause us to port and log off the game.

In the past few days I have been experiencing MAJOR disconnection issues, not my internet btw.  So far lost about 4 ships to it, not complaining, just want to see it fixed.  I know that many other players have been experiencing these issues as well. Again I must repeat myself, not complaining just want to see it fixed :D

- Mr. Halo

Edited by GalacticHalo

Thank you Ink for reaching out to me in game and I stand corrected, it was my error. I did not realize that I can disable the sails with the 6 button, must of missed that fact

Thank you for reading

edited for my error

Edited by Fodder Buckly