Game-Labs Forum

Starting out in Naval Action

IvanDiego

1st- do the tutorials 2nd- finish the exams ( you dont need to finish the final exam right away ) 3rd- find a good clan to join 4th- take a basic cutter and do passenger missions till you have a traders brig and 100k in the bank 5th- use the traders brig and do cargo and passenger missions while you buy two more traders brigs to do more missions till you have around 500k in the bank 6th- use the trader tool in the map menu to learn which trade goods you can buy cheap and sail them to a port that will buy them high 7th- try to keep your reals around 500k and start fighting Ai and players. Your clan mates should have tought you how to use manual sails and how to do pve and pvp already 8th- just don't give up and try to stay away from drama 9th- have fun alwayssolitaire.onl/ 9apps.ooo/ 

Edited by IvanDiego
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, IvanDiego said:
  1. do the tutorials
  2. finish the exams ( you dont need to finish the final exam right away )
  3. find a good clan to join
  4. take a basic cutter and do passenger missions till you have a traders brig and 100k in the bank
  5. use the traders brig and do cargo and passenger missions while you buy two more traders brigs to do more missions till you have around 500k in the bank
  6. use the trader tool in the map menu to learn which trade goods you can buy cheap and sail them to a port that will buy them high
  7. try to keep your reals around 500k and start fighting Ai and players. Your clan mates should have tought you how to use manual sails and how to do pve and pvp already
  8. just don't give up and try to stay away from drama
  9. have fun always

Can't do passenger missions in a basic cutter except to ports in your same nation. Also, use the list tool, it makes your post readable.

2 hours ago, GrubbyZebra said:

Can't do passenger missions in a basic cutter except to ports in your same nation. Also, use the list tool, it makes your post readable.

And why basic cutter can't enter in enemy ports? I mean, is a basic ship, you can not tarjet enemy players, so...

May be to oblige players approaching enemy ports in a ship that means something for defenders.

The first 100k reals can easily be made in a basic cutter either in capital water PVE or by chasing a single trader brig in enemy waters.

Edited by Aquillas

Yes all good.

Just so you know.

Do not get down when ganked. It happens all the time to players. Those that are new, more often than when obtained experience.

Expect it to happen.

Everyone who plays has the tee shirt.

Just carry on.

Cheeers 🍻

• 7 months later...

Just bought the game, and every single guide and YouTube video I see tells me to "do the tutorials". I'm totally for that, and am the type to do tutorials anyway. Problem is, I can't seem to get to them. I log in, choose a name, am presented with the War or Peace server, and then are thrust right into the "intro mission" where there's two rows of ships of the line facing off against each other. I flounder around for a bit, do some damage, but if I don't do the required hull/sails/men damage before the battle timer runs out, it says I've failed, and it starts me over. Same thing with trying to hit Esc to leave the battle.... it just puts me right back at a window saying that the 1st Lieutenant is injured, and gives me my only option: Join the intro battle (again). 

Is this working as intended, or a bug? I know the game has had some changes over the years, but not even letting a guy get at said tutorials (that everyone tells you to do) sounds like a bad design. I've done a several Google searches looking for an answer, and haven't come across any one else mentioning the same issue. 

*edit* Nevermind, I finally found the answer over on a Steam forum. I've figured out a few things while doing the intro mission, but I do agree that being dumped into it before any tutorials whatsoever is going to be a tad off-putting for a large fraction of new players. Will I be able to keep items I loot from ships in the Intro Battle?

Edited by Jack Shaftoe
Found answer elsewhere

• 3 weeks later...

It is correct.

A newish change.

My understanding is the aims required to pass are set in the top left of screen.

If it allows. Ask in Nation or Help chat in game. Plenty of players will be able to tell you exactly what to do.

Get pass this and you will start to enjoy this great game.

Good luck