Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a thread for questions about Sea Legends Thread will be used for the creation of FAQ Sea Legends Website  Facebook  Reddit 

There will be a pre-order site Price is unknown The game will be a practical sim, allowing the player to decide which parts he wants to experience to the fullest or delegate one to the A

The main blessing and curse of NA is that it is impossible to change some things. Adding RPG systems to crew will require wipes and strong reductions of basic skills. If all players suddenly lost abil

Posted Images

On 9/21/2020 at 9:38 PM, Surcouf said:

Will there be the possibility of instrument navigation? Sextant (octan), plotting one's route on a chart, logarithm table, azimuthal compass, barometer, etc.?

It could be a realism option, when do you think?

Capture d’écran (448).png

hold on for a bit.. we will post on barometer very soon

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2020 at 5:37 PM, der Wallone said:

News about Sea Legends are still announced in this forum or are they tranferred to another server (as done with NA) ?

this is going to be a forum dedicated to Sea Legends. We also will use discord for communications. The link is available on the naval action discord.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2020 at 9:38 PM, Surcouf said:

Will there be the possibility of instrument navigation? Sextant (octan), plotting one's route on a chart, logarithm table, azimuthal compass, barometer, etc.?

It could be a realism option, when do you think?

 

Some instruments will play very important role in determining how to set sail, when to set sail and how to sail. You will be able to see check instruments by taking them out of your pocket, or looking at the wall, or other methods.

Soon there will be a post on the weather and use of barometer in Sea legends.

Never miss a squall

image_2020_10_09T13_50_47_165Z.png

ps this is an advanced gold barometer that founders of sea legends will get if they pre-order.

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2020 at 10:15 PM, Surcouf said:

Will we be able to manage the crew by choosing to make them work more or less?
For example:

  1.  make both watches go up to give help.
  2. Put more people on the helm in the storm?
  3. etc.

2502tempete__021314600_1541_26022018.jpg


there will be watches, crew will tire and will have to sleep and all what comes with it. You will have to be sure you have some part of the crew rested in case of sudden appearance of the enemy vessel.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2020 at 6:28 PM, admin said:

Some instruments will play very important role in determining how to set sail, when to set sail and how to sail. You will be able to see check instruments by taking them out of your pocket, or looking at the wall, or other methods.

Soon there will be a post on the weather and use of barometer in Sea legends.

Never miss a squall

image_2020_10_09T13_50_47_165Z.png

ps this is an advanced gold barometer that founders of sea legends will get if they pre-order.

Just tell me when and where to preorder... 

I would love to start playing this game.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2020 at 11:43 AM, admin said:


there will be watches, crew will tire and will have to sleep and all what comes with it. You will have to be sure you have some part of the crew rested in case of sudden appearance of the enemy vessel.

But will the dog watches be curr-tailed?

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

145 usd/122 euros, for the limited founder pack for sea legends is very steep, its more price than ultimate edition games of triple a developers for instance.
assassin's creed valhalla ultimate edition pc (ubisoft) is 110 euros pre-order.
Also, i've been playing naval action since it came out in early access on steam in 2016 and i clocked more than 2000 hours into it, also i own all the dlc.
you could make a gesture towards veteran players who sunk a lot of time and money into naval action by selling them the game cheaper. il-2 sturmovik great battles did this for me when i bought the flying circus expansion, i got a discount since i owned all the planes in their original rise of flight game.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a price that require/expect commitment.


Could you give us any idea about what the price will be once the game is released and what we should expect from it?
- subscription based?
- how long it will be supported?
- etc...

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Was just reading the multiplayer specs and cannot see anything about PVE (coop with a friend) style missions?

Unless the  below feature is coop;

Company based conquest events and missions

Edited by Destraex
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2020 at 6:28 PM, admin said:

Some instruments will play very important role in determining how to set sail, when to set sail and how to sail. You will be able to see check instruments by taking them out of your pocket, or looking at the wall, or other methods.

Soon there will be a post on the weather and use of barometer in Sea legends.

Never miss a squall

image_2020_10_09T13_50_47_165Z.png

ps this is an advanced gold barometer that founders of sea legends will get if they pre-order.

Hi Admin, 

Love the idea of using a barometer to prevent bad surprises from a changing wind...

This gold barometer is however a bit in advance of its time for the period covered in the game (XVIII-early XIXth century), as it looks more like a victorian pocket barometer of late XIXth century (like many that can be found in antique sales online). The use of barometers at sea was uncommon in the XVIIIth century and became widespread only in the mid-late XIXth century. The first marine barometers were quite different, as we can see on a barometer probably used by James Cook, in the National Maritime Museum in Greenwich here under (https://collections.rmg.co.uk/collections/objects/43017.html). Another similar French example can be seen here (https://ltwilliammowett.tumblr.com/post/182107664828/barometer-mariners-began-to-use-barometers-in-the). It seems that those barometers were hung by their ring on a beam. 

Of course, it is less compact and Handy than a pocket one, but it should not be too difficult to change the appaerance of the barometer in the game to keep within the period.  

 l8047.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Very cool update!  One note:

Captain quarters gun in recoiled position

“Captain quarters gun in recoiled position“

Gun would never be “recoiling” (i.e. in use in a fight) with the Captain’s quarters in this state.  All of this (hammocks, curtains, furniture, doors and even cabin walls) would be removed and stowed away if the ship was in action.  It would be impossible to fight with the guns if the ship were not properly cleared for action.

Not the same deck, but illustrates a ship cleared for action:

image.thumb.jpeg.82c0fffde3a8da0c6312b5c3249c5e8a.jpeg

This contains some detailed descriptions of clearing for action:

https://www.jstor.org/stable/23408071?seq=1

image.thumb.gif.fef9ada531640cfdfdbae782f312ac79.gif

Edited by akd
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, akd said:

Very cool update!  One note:

Captain quarters gun in recoiled position

“Captain quarters gun in recoiled position“

Gun would never be “recoiling” (i.e. in use in a fight) with the Captain’s quarters in this state.  All of this (hammocks, curtains, furniture, doors and even cabin walls) would be removed and stowed away if the ship was in action.  It would be impossible to fight with the guns if the ship were not properly cleared for action.

Not the same deck, but illustrates a ship cleared for action:

image.thumb.jpeg.82c0fffde3a8da0c6312b5c3249c5e8a.jpeg

This contains some detailed descriptions of clearing for action:

https://www.jstor.org/stable/23408071?seq=1

image.thumb.gif.fef9ada531640cfdfdbae782f312ac79.gif

Splinters from the furniture would have been too dangerous, apart from difficulties of working a gun in the small space.

Clearing for action should take some time in the game, as a preparation for battle.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...