Game-Labs Forum
admin

Sea Legends Q&A

Cheers the "Sea Legends" announce
Have question:
1.Which game-engine Is the fresh new game under development? still the Unity one?
2.The player who's from "Naval action" already bought the ships DLC, then available in  "Sea Legends" or DLC discount?

thanks

Edited by as24862486

On the site I can read: 'mediterranean with its countries' does this include smaller states like the knights of Malta/Rhodes? 

In the broader picture my question would be; what nation will be present in the game and what timeframe will the game take? 

Edited by ScipioTortuga

Just found out about Sea Legends and I'm super excited! To me, this sounds like exactly the game I always hoped NA would become. Can't wait to see the first screens or video's. Good luck developers!

On 2/6/2020 at 12:11 PM, ScipioTortuga said:

On the site I can read: 'mediterranean with its countries' does this include smaller states like the knights of Malta/Rhodes? 

In the broader picture my question would be; what nation will be present in the game and what timeframe will the game take? 

Captain will be able to raise any flag available in the area (with consequences if found to be sailing under false flag)
Nations are undefined at this stage. Early version of the game will focus on Early 18th century smuggling and privateering.

• Like 4

On 2/4/2020 at 12:22 PM, as24862486 said:

Cheers the "Sea Legends" announce
Have question:
1.Which game-engine Is the fresh new game under development? still the Unity one?
2.The player who's from "Naval action" already bought the ships DLC, then available in  "Sea Legends" or DLC discount?

thanks

No information on this - but good idea.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 1/23/2020 at 12:44 AM, admin said:

• Adapted realtime.
  • Day will be 24 hours, will pass faster according to industry standards (like in KCD or similar games)
  • Time will speed up when you sleep in your Captains cabin if you are at sea

This all sounds amazing, but I am concerned about the “industry standard” day / night cycle.  Haven’t played KCD (damn, keep meaning to pick that up), so I don’t have that reference point, but consider that the passage of time and visibility were central to 18-19th sailing.  One of the iconic age of sail encounters would be the chase into dusk, trying to reach a prize before the sun sets and your quarry disappears into the gloom (and probably changes course so you have to guess his intent).  That is all undermined if 1.) transition to / from day to night and back is just a quick visual event and 2.) if visual conditions do not radically alter during transition.  It would seem that a “captain’s cabin” time compression mechanic would make fake day / night cycles unnecessary.

Likewise, consider that day and night cycles (and even moon cycles!) are essential to smuggling and need to at least conform to the scale of the world to be used in a meaningful way.

One of the big disappointments  of NA was never getting to enjoy a battle at sunset.  You’d blink and it would be over.

Also, will weather be local or global?  Would there be the possibility of escaping into a fog bank or a rain squall in the distance?

Edited by akd
  • Like 5