Game-Labs Forum

Sorry Poland...

Shocktrooper Basteyy

2 hours ago, Koveras said:

As far as I know the only PL players still active has their mains in VP.. Fair game as far as I'm concerned.

I don't... but then again i couldn't care less if they take the port. The seas are my home, not some shabby port in the corner of nowhere😂

2 hours ago, DaRho said:

So Prussians will be "giving Poles a new home" while Dutch "are just hiding behind Polish port"?

Totally makes sense. 👌

Ahah!

3 hours ago, Koveras said:

I'd recommend them to move to a viable nation.. I hear Russia is nice this time of year....

Ohoh!

The old tradition of annexing Poland by Russia and Prussia I see.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shocktrooper Basteyy said:

First of all we want to inform you that it is NOT our intention to wipe Poland from the map. We just don't see a reason to let the dutch hide behind your port, so we attacked. If the real polish clans want a new harbour write "Vanished Privateer" ingame. We are willing to give you a new home.

written by Shocktrooper :)

So you want the total war?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Koveras said:

As far as I know the only PL players still active has their mains in VP.. Fair game as far as I'm concerned.

Not true, handful of Polish players I've come across raiding are using their main account myself included. 

Fair game indeed, if they take the port Prussia will become our main priority for raiding and friends will be invited.

669754360_PolandVicvs4.thumb.jpg.5b8b48c6d1632e87464680b5842ccfb0.jpg our 

Edited by Mad Dog Morgan
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

Poland is the TRUE pirate nation! :D 

1. Raid whatever you want, without risk of retaliation.
  2. Operate out of freetowns
  3. Always flying the red
  4. Are few and fearful
  5. Hold no alliances

We had alliance with French.  But due my old clan left interest in game. And taxes could not be paid we lost it. 

But yeah. Was cool. You could kill everything and get hired for jobs. Like real pirates 😂

13 hours ago, Mad Dog Morgan said:

Not true, handful of Polish players I've come across raiding are using their main account myself included. 

Fair game indeed, if they take the port Prussia will become our main priority for raiding and friends will be invited.

669754360_PolandVicvs4.thumb.jpg.5b8b48c6d1632e87464680b5842ccfb0.jpg our 

Well then I stand corrected.. But - I'd argue you can find crazy people in all nations :)

18 hours ago, Burmistrz Pucka said:

For everyone getting salty about Poland losing that port (Darho from Dutch, Bart from PvE server, Gregory from Dutch, some irrelevant Danish trader, some Monkey pirate, and few more)

As a Polish player, I'm happy that port is gone. Few reasons:

• This port was held by alt clan of PRIV that's been doing really shady stuff and they play for Dutch, not Poland
  • PRIV are the ones who captured one of the last Polish ports for "our own safety"
  • they used alt farming to flip port for Poland, then claimed it was just for "testing"

I could probably list some more stuff, but that basically speaks for itself already. Thank you for doing us a favor Prussia, cleansing that scum port from the map. If we need a new home/port, we will give you a call. Dutch, keep your alts and shady game mechanics abuse away from Poland, thanks. 

Burmistrzu Pucka:

First of all - What is Your ingame nick? @Burmistrz Pucka account was created only 5 hours after that thread was published. I wonder what Your real name is.

Secondly - I will say that once more and will do that for the very last time.

1) Cano Araguabisi and Cano Macareo where kindly donated to Poland by VP back in days when front-line mechanic allowed these ports to "hide" behind Santo Tome. This was aimed to help our friends - former PRIV members, who decided to stay in Poland after the release, but not only - Poles in general, while they struggled with their ports near French Capital. We did that as we felt sentiment towards Commonwealth as that is where most of PRIV (many of which are ex PFK), started years ago.
2) After front-line system changed, those two ports became vulnerable from GG. Had no timers set and Amercians took advantage of it by taking Cano Macareo. We have immediately started reaching out to contacts in Poland trying to get the clan who owned that last port, to set the timer. We were wiling to donate them money for that. But the clan appeared inactive and therefore we flipped it, still trying to contact them till the very last moment before the PB. An hour before the PB someone from that clan (don't recall the name) contacted me and said that they understand the reasoning, and it's ok for us to take the port in that case. The plan was, from the beginning, to give them another port, perhaps even Santo Tome, once we get rid of the American threat.

3) Once we did, it appeared, that there is noone in Poland willing to spend their time in grinding hostility for the port, to regain it. Literally, that is what they've said - they don't want to waste time on it. In the meantime, Poles, that raged on us after we took the Cano Araguabisi, having no will to understand the full picture behind our actions, spread the hate on us everywhere around, including the Polish nation itself, Nation chat etc (I won't mention the names here).

4) Seeing no will from Poles to cooperate (we hoped, that this was only temporary), we took one final effort to give Poles port back. We switched our alts to Poland only to retake the port for Poles. Our goal behind that was to give them at least one port with Admiralty. We almost got banned in the process , as You kindly mentioned, as we chose a way, that wouldn't cost us too much time, but also, was not 100% within the rules (which we were not 100% aware of at that time). After we got punished for that, port was dropped to Neutral by devs, and we spent WHOLE Freaking day grinding hosti, "the proper way" this time. We got sunk by Brits along with Frenchies while doing that, but continued on until late night in our small ships, as that was all that our alts could crew. And all this while fighting Americans and Russians on other fronts.

5) We finally got the port back for Poles and now Prussians attack it.

6) Today we screened for Poles, and some Pole from AHOY (Geralt of rivia), tagged us outside the Port without any obvious reason other than just being obnoxious (or being Prussian alt?). He chose that rather than joining the PB to defend his own port... We then spent an hour trying to defend the port with alts in the PB. And then, there comes this guy - Pole on Santi - LoneHunter, from clan XYZ. He will get reported soon, as he joined the PB, went into circle and stood there still for the whole battle, allowing Prussians to demolish his crew and hull. And when he was about to sink, battle ended and he immediately escaped. Seems like he wasn't AFK after all, but was simply unwilling to shoot Prussians. Not sure what was his point to join the PB then.

And after all this time we spent on trying to provide You with Your own port,  we are called the "shady" guys, that are "hiding" behind Polish port. 

WTF!?

"Ungrateful" seems to be waaay too gentle, to describe Your (Polish) attitude. But perhaps You were misled by the anti-VP propaganda shared by some of those Poles, that are unfavorable to us (for the reasons I don't understand), and You simply never got to see the other side of the coin. Hereby - You have it. What You'll do with it, it's up to You (and all other, who share Your view on that matter).

Anyway - seems like past is past, now is now. Personally - I'm done helping Poles in ANY way, as apparently my help is not welcome, to say the least. (Just to be clear - that is my personal opinion, not PRIV's nor VP's).

Fair winds and happy sailing.

EDIT: corrected few typos, added punctuation and changed wording slightly.

Edited by DaRho

All the politics aside, I'd just like to thank all of those Dutch players for helping out with this port and then took the time to show up and help defend. 

The real end result of this drama is that Poland no longer has an admiralty, so even resetting perks is not possible.  

"Poland is the TRUE pirate nation!"   Yes it definitely is.

Edited by Mad Dog Morgan

41 minutes ago, Mad Dog Morgan said:

The real end result of this drama is that Poland no longer has an admiralty, so even resetting perks is not possible.  

"Poland is the TRUE pirate nation!"   Yes it definitely is.

Are perk reset permits tradeable? If yea Just ask in global and someone will sell you ...

Edited by Earl of Grey

5 hours ago, DaRho said:

And after all this time we spent on trying to provide You with Your own port,  we are called the "shady" guys, that are "hiding" behind Polish port. 

Well to be correct you were kind of hiding behind the polish port, intended or not that's only you who knows. Only if you have Cano Araguao you can get missions for Santo Tomé de Guyana ;)

34 minutes ago, TDK said:

Remember when Poland had multiple ports around Hispaniola and Brits attacked Les Cayes? How much shit they received for it?

Now Prussia takes away Poland's only port and it's alright all of a sudden?

A new port has been offered to you in this very thread by OP. 

You know for a fact your port was in the way of Prussia being able to attack VP ports. Blame the new front line system, there is no way to bypass your port to keep going in that direction.

You think VP helps you out of the goodness of their heart? Maybe, but it's also in their benefit that your port kept blocking theirs from attack. 

Wasn't it Sweden that took your ports before you needed other ports down south by Guayaguayare? And which nation is that one that currently is sucking up to Sweden super hard? Oh yeah, your best friends, VP. 

Edited by Never
  • Like 4

So what exactly is the argument of the Poles? Nobody should touch your port even though you don't engage in RvR,  and your port is in the way of a nation that is trying to play the game and do RvR? 

Everyone should leave you alone forever and ever? A port was offered to you and even more could've been offered to you if you at least tried to understand the other perspective instead of taking this path. 

Edited by Never
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, BoatyMcBoatFace said:

Well i mean since you arent supposed to take it, they dont have to defend it. So give them something meaningful 😜 

yes but this also means that you have to protect it from the rest of the players from various other nations

otherwise it's not certain that they will keep the port for long even if you do not take it back!

of course trash ports could always be given away if they are not necessary for something

Edited by Captain2Strong

PL is an impossible nation. What is the problem in an impossible nation being impossible to play?

Russia is viable ingame - why? Playerbase.

Prussia is reasonably viable ingame - why? Playerbase

Poland-Lithuania is not viable ingame - why? Lack of playerbase.

Kill it off and let's end this futile debate, impossible nations was introduced as impossible for a reason. Everyone knows I resented the addition of the cartoon nations but now they are here I can't see why PL or any other impossible nation should get a reservation. It's an impossible nation, play it like it is.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Shocktrooper Basteyy said:

Well to be correct you were kind of hiding behind the polish port, intended or not that's only you who knows. Only if you have Cano Araguao you can get missions for Santo Tomé de Guyana ;)

If you took the American port it would have allowed you to skip it and attack it directly. You wouldn't want to upset the Russians though as Russians don't like their vassals fighting each other :P

Edited by Gregory Rainsborough

17 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

If you took the American port it would have allowed you to skip it and attack it directly. You wouldn't want to upset the Russians though as Russians don't like their vassals fighting each other :P

Or we dont like waking up at 4 in the morning twice

• Like 2