Game-Labs Forum

We really need the ability to design AI ship in custom battle in the next patch

ColonelHenry

Tbh I think we need a library of historic ship designs linked to in-game nations. And there should be an option to make AI only use historical designs. If such option selected, AI should play with ship classes that its nation historically had.

Edited by Shaftoe
  • Like 5

Both of those are very good ideas.

The first one should be very easy to implement.

The second one might take time and resources that at this point are better invested elsewhere, but I still like it. Maybe the community can help with this and provide some of those designs at a certain point? I think there are certainly some enthusiasts around who would relish doing this and the design team's efforts are better focused elsewhere, since it is such a small team.

The problem is that, AI still build ships that are comically easy to beat, or broken ass ships that irl wouldn't even be considered. It's immersion breaking when I'm trying to build something reasonable. Either I woop their asses, or they woop my ass, or they built something so brokenly fast, they just turn the other way. I enjoy building ships, but I am not enjoying the combat aspect and battles themselves

In fact, let's go one step further. Why don't we just make both sides fully human controllable? All we need in addition to being allowed to design every ship are one extra button on the UI, so you can switch to the POV from both sides. There is already an Full AI button. So basically the default mechanization once entering the game is Player 1 manual, 2 Auto. If you want to switch, simply pause game, engage AI for Player 1, switch to Player 2, disengage AI, then control.