Game-Labs Forum

crafting 4th rates and up seems to make no financial sense

So I'm levelling my crafting, built a few trics, no problem go to build a 4th rate, 2700 odd doubloons on top of the resources, hang on. 1 doubloon sells at KPR for 1000 reals, that means crafting said 4th rate cost 2.7 million, but you can buy the ship for 200k from another player. Tell me I'm missing something? Seems broken. Hope I didn't grind for nothing.

And I posted in suggestions... Can I suggest we change to the base currency reals? 

Edited by Cpt. D. L

What is broken is the KPR price for dubloons. I would use a major free port (like LaT) to gauge the price of dubloons.

The best way to level up crafting is to build the ships you plan on using for yourself, or getting others to pay you in dubloons and materials in exchange for ships.

I think dubloons are just fine being part of bigger ship recipes. They are not hard to get if one does pvp or pve.

On 1/20/2020 at 12:09 PM, Cpt. D. L said:

Tell me I'm missing something?

NPC ships can be captured for free.
If someone sells cheap ships they are probably captured from NPCs

Doubloons are also somewhat inexpensive if you capture or earn them yourself. 

On 1/20/2020 at 8:09 PM, Cpt. D. L said:

1 doubloon sells at KPR for 1000 reals

some idiots just put up things for 5, 10 or 50 times the actual price and think someone will buy it
perhaps there are some idiots who buy that as well

making an aggy doesn't cost 2 million reals, it costs the materials required to craft it, about 2700 doubloons and labor hours
you will easily get all the doubloons required by looting(of course you should be the first person to do so if you expect this result) 3 5th rate ships after PVP or making 4 trash hauling trips with cargo that gives 800 doubloons

200K sounds a bit low for an aggy though, so it's just probably some workaholic who likes to make things for free for others

or it could be captured ship with shit stats, in this case it would explain why it costs 200K too

23 hours ago, Sea Fox said:

Can't cap connie, can't cap endy, can't cap indiaman

it is possible to capture them
you just have to find them before you proceed to capture them

Edited by Captain2Strong

1 hour ago, Captain2Strong said:

some idiots just put up things for 5, 10 or 50 times the actual price and think someone will buy it
perhaps there are some idiots who buy that as well

making an aggy doesn't cost 2 million reals, it costs the materials required to craft it, about 2700 doubloons and labor hours
you will easily get all the doubloons required by looting(of course you should be the first person to do so if you expect this result) 3 5th rate ships or making 4 trash hauling trips with cargo that gives 800 doubloons

200K sounds a bit low for an aggy though, so it's just probably some workaholic who likes to make things for free for others

or it could be captured ship with shit stats, in this case it would explain why it costs 200K too

it is possible to capture them
you just have to find them before you proceed to capture them

back when the doubloon value was around 100 real(s) per doubloons.

4th rate "value" was somewhere between 350-500k each, depending on your nation's market.

so this 200k Aggie, could be

1. captured ship

2. bad wood combo (people won't buy it)

3. someone who doesn't understand how much "more" they can make :P

• Like 2