Game-Labs Forum

1 minute ago, The Rear End of Sauron said:

if i REPLIED to your comment - how could i be the one that started it - timelines, timelines my friend

I just moved it, so we don't derail more. Dear friend, you are not the only Swede on this forum.

22 hours ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

A really quick suggestion on the top of my head could be that for port battles,  you have to pay War Effort equal to the port value in terms of Doubloons, Victory Marks and Combat Medals, can also debate if there should be the crafting value in Reals for the Forts, which imo would make sense. What happens then is thats the price you pay to setup a port for Port Battle (considering the risk you're taking to spend all those items to get the mission and considering how ridiculous the idea of the hostility missions are (stacking the missions etc, unable to defend vs them)) you should just straight up be able to set the pb inside defenders timer the next day so they can prepare.

If you capture the port, you can collect the same war effort as reward, being able to spend it on the port you want to, this creates a big item sink and people would think a few times before pulling a 55point port for battle. Let alone multiflips would be so expensive it wouldn't be possible i would imagine.

Example.

Picking up Baracoa 50/50 Points spent relies HEAVILY on port bonuses.

Say its 25 players that helps getting the required resources to pull the port battle.

• 1200 CM         = 48 per player
  • 480   VM         = 19.2 per player
  • 480 000    Doubloons    = 19.2k per player

Now for Pitts Town 30/30 points spent relies only on resources, none port bonuses

• 110 VM              = 4.4 per player
  • 5000 Tools        = 200 per player
  • 110 000    Doubloons    = 4.4k per player

These are totally manageable numbers for many players, but if someone wants to spend that value just to keep it away from being flipped by someone that wants to attack it, thats a very high price for safety just for ONE reset.

If someone can pull my suggestion apart please do, but maybe its the fairest one towards all.

Bboth the holders of the port (invest more in port bonuses the port aint that easy to attack), the attacker (skip hostility mission, and reclaim the war effort if successful and lets you immediately put the resources into the new port bonuses of the port or what ever). High risk, High reward gameplay, its gonna be hard to multiflip big and most important ports even less important ports, we wont have that alt hostility mission exploit. Stacking hostility missions will never be a thing again.

22 hours ago, Staunberg🇩🇰 said:

Would thst not benefit the larger nations, that can share the burden among more players?

21 hours ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

no it wouldnt, since you can trade the resources cross faction so say if russia wants you danes to attack a swedish port, but you wont have the available resources because you already flipped 2 other ports, they can sponsor you the remaining resources to engage the port battle :D

21 hours ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

it is basically like that today anyway?

you need big ships to do hostility missions vs a nation that most likely have a full fleet of lo/wo l'oceans waiting after the battle.

These resources are fully available for all to get easily through market and various missions, it lets you skip the hostility mission part that actually yourself are against. If i want to do RvR as Poland today it wont matter since i cant get help from any other nation directly, and the nation dont have the ships to do it.

What my suggestion actually do is skipping the hostility mission part by setting a port battle for x port for a war effort that actually people can manage and if you win you gain it back along with the port, but if you want to set a port battle with an alt because you cant defend it along with multiflips it would cost you alot more and maybe you would think twice keeping that port if you cant defend it? Actually leaving the port available for maybe the less fortunate nations that havent got a port on the map.

see me answer to staunberg.

well if it actually was a sandbox game you wouldnt have to go through the hostility mission gauntlet and could go straight for the port anyway. You can say its a sandbox game, but its actually not, because there are hard coded rules in the game that goes far beyond the sandbox itself.

@Lars Kjaer @Staunberg🇩🇰 do you actually want to fix the problem? Bring some suggestions ;)

Which actually is that people can set port battles with alts/players from other nations to avoid port battles, along with a shitty hostility mechanic where you're forced (not sanbox mechanic aswell btw) to pve before you can do the pvp engagement the day later, and the last that you can stack hostility missions to avoid letting the defending nation a chance to avoid a flip.

20 hours ago, Staunberg🇩🇰 said:

And for the record, I am not against hostillity mission. I just don't want to grind them to set empty pb’s.

13 hours ago, van stiermarken said:

It makes absolute no sense to go to the russian faction.  because that's what they want to have here. alone thinking about it shows how badly it is here in game. when you don' see and understand that the russian faction here is the main problem in this game so far and Sweden is the last border before the people will leave this game instantly then I can't help you.

As some people here already wrote in other threads. "it doesn't matter who will win this war here, but anyway a lot of people will leave this game when the russian faction overrun all other nations". and that is what they (russian faction) want! they give a shit here about other players.

But it shows how the  majority in this game is thinking and that makes it much worse then it is already. 

So please to me favor in your next posts "think about first before you wrote it down here" 

12 hours ago, Staunberg🇩🇰 said:

And as Sweden have told. Actions have concequences, so it ofc has for the Swedish. They have keept telling danes to fight since they took San Juan. The only decent Danish port.

For the record, I did not tell all to go Russia. I have and will allways argue for mechanic, that make sure we don't end with 2 nations. I said if I want to fight Sweden, what other choise do I have, then join Russia. We try as Danish. But try look at the map, all ports are made to Dodge timers, around Danish waters. And no I am not going to get up at Night for a game.

You see how fast a Swede had to make it about Russia and not mechanic. But as allways just blame a dane seams the Swedish motto to be.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, rediii said:

Russia gave the spanish crafting port back to have something to threaten spain. If spain is stupid enough to build remedios up again, a port russia can take any second again if they choose to do.

Feel free to give us SJ back, and we will be nice bois. Partly nice bois. We proberbly will try to balance any war. Seal clubbing isent pretty to look at.

Denmarks craftingports are taken due to ongoing hostility from denmark. You had your ports before. But like you say all the time: ports dont matter anyway so where is the issue again?

You mean, the War Sweden started, when you took SJ, right? The war you repeatedly told us to get in to. We can agree on you have told us again and again, to try to get it back.

You told Lars was crappy at diplo, our small attempt to be better at it.

Ports don’t matter to us. I see all danes joined in this battle. Nobody to my knowledge, is talking abouth, if we can make some deal with Sweden. What matter to me personally is the truth. All this started when Havoc took SJ to Sweden. That Swedis player again and again deny.

Moved my responce to here.

As allways you missed the hole point of the debate. Some Swede keel claiming only Russians are bad dudes. That Sweden is boy scouts.

@Liq can you plz also do you blaming on Swedish that derail the mechanic threads.

Edited by Staunberg🇩🇰

Posted (edited)

But @Liq should it not have been a Danish clock. It is us that have to set it. You allready have a Night Crew? 
But not nice to open my gift from the swedish. Not ok at all:

Edited by Staunberg🇩🇰

2 minutes ago, Staunberg🇩🇰 said:

But @Liq should it not have been a Danish clock. It is us that have to set it. You allready have a Night Crew?

Just so you remember who you are waking up for 😘

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Smoothie said:

SWhy have our danish friends @Lars Kjaer @Staunberg🇩🇰 been so silent the last couple of days? Did either Kindergarten start again after lockdown or are the busy to setup their exile home around Buena Vista? :D

I’ll answer it here, and not in a mechanic debate. No stupid comments from swedish captains, so no need for a reply. Simple as that. I stay at CS, why should I move?

But don't worry we are stil here. Doing some screening against Sweden. 2 days ago 2 battles against you at Basse Terre. Think we killed 10 and lost 3 maybe 4. Yesterday a Vigues 2 battles killed 9 lost 1. So don’t worry, we will help you to some content.

And in regard to silent, look great battles. I showed the gift from liq.

Edited by Staunberg🇩🇰

13 hours ago, Staunberg🇩🇰 said:

Simple as that. I stay at CS, why should I move?

You guys need to grind AI under mother russia's skirt. 

Edited by Smoothie

16 minutes ago, Smoothie said:

Actually under Sweden. It is you that provide nice hostillity missions, right outside CS.

Yep looks like Russia think of the health of small pop nations. So DK-NG own them our gratitude. Maybe Sweden could be inspired by Russia.

And best way to repay them is ofc screen for them, when ever they fight Sweden, and since we don't hold any port of value, we don’t have to waist time defend Er på pb’s

DK-NG allways pays our debt.

Edited by Staunberg🇩🇰
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Smoothie said:

If however you're refering to my silence, then have no fear - Lars Kjaer is still here.. I'm sick tho so I'm not really in the mood for banter.

Idiot - see rulebook, article 3.

:)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lars Kjaer said:

If however you're refering to my silence, then have no fear - Lars Kjaer is still here.. I'm sick tho so I'm not really in the mood for banter.

Idiot - see rulebook, article 3.

:)

Despite your awful idiom (can't believe you're a teacher) I wish you good health and get well soon. Hopefully it's not the virus that must not be named. 

1 hour ago, Staunberg🇩🇰 said:

Actually under Sweden. It is you that provide nice hostillity missions, right outside CS.

Yep looks like Russia think of the health of small pop nations. So DK-NG own them our gratitude. Maybe Sweden could be inspired by Russia.

And best way to repay them is ofc screen for them, when ever they fight Sweden, and since we don't hold any port of value, we don’t have to waist time defend Er på pb’s

DK-NG allways pays our debt.

Russia tries only to copy the protected area at Mosquito.
By the way denmark had a save area, as long as the rabid dogs bited the protector.

8 minutes ago, HamBlower said:

By the way denmark had a save area, as long as the rabid dogs bited the protector.

A gilded cage is but a cage. And the swedish cage wasn't exactly gilded - a 40p crafting port and 2 regions? Don't get me laughing, I don't have the energy for it.. Besides - this is a wargame, Sweden shouldn't be so incompetent at war that it has to be so afraid from the second smallest nation in the game. 

It does lend credence to my poignant remark about swedes tho - You're cowards. Simple really.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HamBlower said:

Nah actually not. To my knowledge they gave both Spain and  pirates there crafting port back, 

Call it what you want. We fight the nations Holding SJ. Atm Sweden. Guess Russia didn’t think the casuals should suffer for that. 
my worst fear would actually be Sweden losing SJ. You are just fun to play with.

See you out there, and if you want Lars and me quiete. Don’t post stupidity abouth DK on forum.

As said, Sweden is a gift thsts keep giving.

Edited by Staunberg🇩🇰

2 hours ago, Lars Kjaer said:

second smallest nation in the game.

You got an upgrade to third place after introduction of China but you are still competing with VP who are basically dead.