Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
Aldeveron

Nerfing of Doubloons availability on PVE: Why?

Recommended Posts

Why was it deemed necessary to nerf the availability of doubloons? I'm not sure about PvP, because I only play PvE now, but the extra difficulty of obtaining doubloons has made the game excessively arduous, IMO.

Edited by Aldeveron
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Aldeveron said:

Why was it deemed necessary to nerf the availability of doubloons? I'm not sure about PvP, because I only play PvE now, but the extra difficulty of obtaining doubloons has made the game excessively arduous, IMO.

It's fine on pvp because you can always find dubloons for sale in shops. I would imagine it being abit more difficult to obtain on pve though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah pvp is a very good source  for dubs, on a good hunting trip with my 5th rates my record is approx 10k dubs in 3-4 hours. would probably be more if id sail silly ships like wasas. since you dont have that ability on the pve server, you might be onto something there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Durin said:

since you dont have that ability on the pve server, you might be onto something there.

How DO you get dubs on the PVE server?  Is it just by hunting AI traders?  That would indeed be soul destroying.  Where the PVP server gives dubs for killing player warships, the PVE server should do the same thing for killing AI warships, I would think.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

How DO you get dubs on the PVE server?  Is it just by hunting AI traders?  That would indeed be soul destroying.  Where the PVP server gives dubs for killing player warships, the PVE server should do the same thing for killing AI warships, I would think.

Doing trade missions is probably the fastest way of obtaining dubs in PVE. You get 800 dubs. But this is unfortunately the max amount. It doesn't differ if you need to sail to a port 5 min away or a port 35 min away. And not every trade mission gives dubs. From the 3 regular trade missions you have, there is always 1 (if you are really lucky 2) mission that gives dubs.

Edited by Sir Adrian Claver
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sir Adrian Claver said:

Doing trade missions is probably the fastest way of obtaining dubs in PVE. You get 800 dubs. But this is unfortunately the max amount. It doesn't differ if you need to sail to a port 5 min away or a port 35 min away. And not every trade mission gives dubs. From the 3 regular trade missions you have, there is always 1 (if you are really lucky 2) mission that gives dubs.

and they have a 10 day limit.

so for 5 days you could amass all the dub cargo missions near your outpost from 4-6 ports. then you could sail them all at once and make a hefty dub gain :).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I destroy ~12 frigate fleets in my Santi, on a good fight I get about 5000 doubloons (PVE). And since they broke trading before the holidays I make 20-25mill in an evening, and can just buy the doubloons on buy orders @450real

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MDHansen said:

I destroy ~12 frigate fleets in my Santi, on a good fight I get about 5000 doubloons (PVE). And since they broke trading before the holidays I make 20-25mill in an evening, and can just buy the doubloons on buy orders @450real

Hope an asshat using a Loki doesn't find you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MDHansen said:

I destroy ~12 frigate fleets in my Santi, on a good fight I get about 5000 doubloons (PVE). And since they broke trading before the holidays I make 20-25mill in an evening, and can just buy the doubloons on buy orders @450real

broke trading? what does it mean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, admin said:

broke trading? what does it mean?

He kinda got a point though, I basicly been turned off grinding to make money cause some times you hardly get enough doubloons to pay for repairs unless you only fight same tier or higher battles.   Battle doublloons need to be more for those that don't want to trade.   I was grinding to level up and get slots on ships and I couldn't afford to run my buildings and econ.  Though I spend three hours I make 2.5 million in trade (long hual) compared to 3 hours grinding I barely make 100K.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With a fleet of three Indiamen, I can make only about 20k doubloons in a full, long, real-world day, doing delivery missions, since the doubs nerf. So making 50k doubs to level up my shipyard, for example, seemed ridiculously punishing. If it were just one full day of boring grind, that would be bad enough!

Edited by Aldeveron
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no need to get everything right away , especially not on pve. i think it's good the way it is. you play when you have the time and get your stuff one  after the other on pve .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-delete, wrong thread-

Edited by Liq

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

come on liq thats like saying people have too much money because jeff bezos is rich! 

 

i havent seen mozaic or pearls once. its not a trade issue, its a goods focus issue. all those high value ones are constantly sniped purchased (usually by the same people), stacked up and then delivered at once. this just inflates the numbers. these trade runs  may take days to set up even with automation.

 

even the pictures you used show a week in between those runs............. 1 week!

Edited by BoatyMcBoatFace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...