Game-Labs Forum

veteran player merit recognition

22 hours ago, Bart Smith said:

What about this veterans with  thousands hours who sealclubbing new players near Shroud Cay? Are they deserve it  as well?

Sorry for getting off-topic.. but what new players are you referring too?. We've heard alot about seal clubbing around capitals in the passed, this first time I hear that new players having hard time at a free town.

P.s

If it's true then why are they even there?.. 

Edited by Cursed Monkey

21 hours ago, Dave Hadley said:

Retaking the XP thing:

League of Legends made a wonderfull solution for the leveling on the accounts. Before you would hit level 30 and get stuck there, with the new changes they made leveling something that wouldn't end. This means you can get to level 456465456415645456 and you will still be leveling. Every level you rise up, you get some reward and every 20 levels you get a bigger reward.

We could have something like this in game, of course addapted to a nice XP/Lvl ratio and every X levels a nice reward. 

This would give the XP some use beside opening slots on ships and it can be a nice way to spread special paints and ship notes (Diana)

aggh... the fundamental basic almost unsolvable game problem.!

well I agree with you somehow.
The grinding for naval action is actually a naval action unworthy item.
 you can see  a " grind" what you see in all simple games, and there is nothing great about it.

it is the same as in world of warships, nothing special, so ...it is so bad that you can say that it is a game mechanic that helps you stop the game,(unless you buy your way in after level 7)

something you can see at the rank of the  captain level ,there stop the Most of the time the player ,>>  there will be a transition to the SOL, and the grinding will become harder for them , to open up your/their  knowledge slot on the ship.
 what is caused by not having, among other things, good missions in your own environment /territory. (overdue)
and  not having suitable ports in another area.(lack of ports) and because of the mission levels for knowledge on certain ships, and not having the correct ships to fight against ..( for example a ocean fighting against a mercury getting 20 xp for a knowledge slot for  20 k xp [what is 1000 battles])who is the idiot?  no me ....i quit.)(pve wise)
 not seeing progression fast enough (with heavily stretched xp levels) whereby you do not see the subsequent level and therefore do not give the user a goal.(UI)
being busy grinding a knowledge slot, but what is disturbed by ganks.
and  not having missions that do  match your ship level.

I can give a direct solution, but that makes no sense, because the developers don't like this, because it is easier to turn the amount of grinding knob than anything else, and since there are people who are always struggling with how it is also possible.

i introduced a upgrade for a double or triple upgrade for doing xp to ease the pain ,but that is is also not in the game and maybe will not be introduced also.

the game is not allowing you to sail a ship you want to have !   in many areas .

..its also  a contradiction with EVE  if you want to compare them , and more World of warships.  (yaghh) >>  what is a ..well not so great concept either..<<

i give you a small example: we were fighting yesterday  a enemy speed  wasa -/vs/ - 2 aga and 2 wasa , a l R, and a pirate frigate ...guess who left the battle ....after ....one and a half hour battle [battle over warning] - 100%sail ,100% hull and NO crew gone..........lol .  als half  the perusing party were dismasted one time  in the battle .... that is not because of the skill of the single wasa captain(partly) ...but more the lack of knowledge slot on the part of the pursuers ships ...>>> conclusion completely unbalanced ,.but the escaped captain is happy. 5 other are unhappy.and see it as a complete waste of 2 sleeping hours ...the will to fight(or gank) another day is gone.

you see it is not that the knowledge books are to strong! , but not having them (in the knowledge slot ) that is the problem. therefore yes grind is a problem for some , you can NOT solve .....or..... you go to the british... or russian side>>>> then your problems are ....over. (partly) 

ps.i am  not revealing graduation conclusion goal:) but you can figure something out yourself.(said the noob)

Edited by Thonys

30 minutes ago, Thonys said:

.but the escaped captain is happy. 5 other are unhappy.and see it as a complete waste of 2 sleeping hours ...the will to fight gank another day is gone.

Will to gank not bad thing, next time they will reduce nr from 5 to 2 maybe?, and have a good battle for 30 mins instead of wasting 2 hours for nothing😂

But, in regards to books, is that really a problem nowdays?.. i always see many books for sale for those who don't want grind.

P.s

Sorry if i misunderstand something you wrote, you are almost worse in composing then i am😉

Edited by Cursed Monkey
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Cursed Monkey said:

Will to gank not bad thing, next time they will reduce nr from 5 to 2 maybe?, and have a good battle for 30 mins instead of wasting 2 hours for nothing😂

But, in regards to books, is that really a problem nowdays?.. i always see many books for sale for those who don't want grind.

Thanks for your text improvement but you have to read again (it seems you are badly cursed:) ) ..sorry. ( i talk about grind for knowledge not books (i have all the books)

furthermore no comment (sorry, i have to eat a banana )

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thonys said:

Thanks for your text improvement but you have to read again (it seems you are badly cursed:) ) ..sorry. ( i talk about grind for knowledge not books (i have all the books)

furthermoree no comment (sorry, i have to eat a banana )

😂

Ok in regards knowledge slots, then no comment, at least we  keeping this topic alive! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cursed Monkey said:

😂

Ok in regards knowledge slots, then no comment, at least we  keeping this topic alive! 

Mmm yes in regard to the (hard) language  >>its not about facts, but more a expression of feelings... what gives more a impression of feedback. i believe.

remember>>  the feeling of the game>>  keeps you afloat.

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Celtiberofrog said:

How about that option :

XP carry on running after top rank

next step is a Star attached to your rank

Each additional Star gives more crew capacity,

Result : A multiple stars rank player can command larger Fleet with heavier vessels.

The star thing is fine but my opinion is admirals already can command plenty powerful fleets. 

I mean your own fleet.

Today you got (i'm not sure) a maximum of 1150 crew as standard. (what is called the leadership level)

What's needed to command a Santisima as standard.

Could these Stars increase this crew capacity ?

For instance, a 4 stars Admiral could get a 2000 crew capacity (higher Leadership level), then this happy admiral could send in OW a fleet of 3 third rates + one 4th rate under his command  !!

This might be great for PvE players too.

Edited by Celtiberofrog