Game-Labs Forum

veteran player merit recognition

10 minutes ago, Bart Smith said:

What about this veterans with  thousands hours who sealclubbing new players near Shroud Cay? Are they deserve it  as well?

maybe new players shouldnt join in an by the game declared as *impossible faction*, so they also don't start in shroud. Any other nation's starting capital has raider fleets protecting capitals.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Liq said:

maybe new players shouldnt join in an by the game declared as *impossible faction*, so they also don't start in shroud. Any other nation's starting capital has raider fleets protecting capitals.

Players should have free choice - but things look like they look. Not their fault but sealclubbers who after moaning that population is low. We got few players joining us recently and all of them said: game is unfriendly for newbie and there is no point for them play in PvP and being ganked first time they leave port. Maybe some karma system may help...

1 minute ago, Bart Smith said:

Players should have free choice - but things look like they look. Not their fault but sealclubbers who after moaning that population is low. We got few players joining us recently and all of them said: game is unfriendly for newbie and there is no point for them play in PvP and being ganked first time they leave port.

Population is doing fine on pvp :) We're hitting 900+ quite often now. Raider fleets surely helped with that. But glad to hear PvE is also doing good.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Liq said:

Population is doing fine on pvp :) We're hitting 900+ quite often now. Raider fleets surely helped with that. But glad to hear PvE is also doing good.

Well if you think hittin 900 its fine then ...fine😉 Size of map is shaped for 3k at least. Should be more macro scale instead same 200 players in RvR

13 minutes ago, Bart Smith said:

Im quite happy tbh - its not good for game but... We got them (new players) coming to PvE now

but that is weird bart ,you seem to play on the pve server ,but you talk about the way things go... on the pvp server ...

it is talking about karate and football ,but you only play Checkers.. 

Just now, Thonys said:

but that is weird bart ,you seem to play on the pve server ,but you talk about the way things go... on the pvp server ...

it is talking about karate and football ,but you only play Checkers.. 

I play on both servers - no point be a despiteful mate

9 minutes ago, Bart Smith said:

We got few players joining us recently and all of them said: game is unfriendly for newbie and there is no point for them play in Pv

This is the most common explanation people give when they reveal on PvE server they came from PvP server. But it has always been like this, not just recently.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bart Smith said:

Well but nobody will learn from this seems so.

nah don`t underestimate player , they will learn 

some the hard way , some faster , and some will never learn.

i even learn all day , that i havent learnt the game fully, some will always be newbies 

Edited by Thonys

6 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Talking in general terms.

11 nations mean a very diluted playerbase. The nations without enough pop just cant compete at all.

there are more issues to this subject 

like for instance the center point of all the fighting is centered to the middle of the map and the west side of the map  is like 17 century extinct  wild west america 

or the south and east coast where is nothing to do only fighting 7 rates 

there are some more problems in general terms

if you have 11 nations they can not all be at the same port 

what means you need to have all the goodies goodies also scattered all over the map 

and that is not the case .

the Russians / Brits are in places where they can find all that stuff ( because of the numbers) and all other nations look at it ..

Edited by Thonys

Retaking the XP thing:

League of Legends made a wonderfull solution for the leveling on the accounts. Before you would hit level 30 and get stuck there, with the new changes they made leveling something that wouldn't end. This means you can get to level 456465456415645456 and you will still be leveling. Every level you rise up, you get some reward and every 20 levels you get a bigger reward.

We could have something like this in game, of course addapted to a nice XP/Lvl ratio and every X levels a nice reward. 

This would give the XP some use beside opening slots on ships and it can be a nice way to spread special paints and ship notes (Diana)

I liked the idea I read here earlier about a rare (golden) (DLC) ship granted whenever you pass another veteran star threshold. Not that they need the reals at all as gift, but the rest is interesting. And the other idea about titles being issued for shining in this or that category of activities. But that needs a heavy surveillance on players' performance and I don't know if all will be happy about so much big brother watching and evaluating you...

2 hours ago, Liq said:

Dont think judging by hours played is the way.

It is not a "judging" matter

it is just about giving more depth in players community.

An identified 4 stars admiral player will only mean that this player has got a rather extended NA experience.

It would not mean this player is a skilled one, but at least other will know it's an experienced one.

This high rank info will help other players to know that he's knocking at the right door to gather practical & credible NA advices.  

In large National groups of players, this high rank might increase attention from newcomers hears. 

RvR need cohesion, cohesion need common objectives, common objectives need good argumentations, good argumentations need experienced advices/opinions.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Celtiberofrog said:

Any tribal community need a chief (the most skilled one), but tribes need wise elders to guide new generations  ! 

Agreed.

I would have been lost without the guidance and experience offered to me

3 hours ago, Celtiberofrog said:

This high rank info will help other players to know that he's knocking at the right door to gather practical & credible NA advices. 

Respectfully, 

The high rank does not indicate that the player has much experience or wisdom.    The high rank simply means that the player has accumulated XP, nothing more.   There is no issue allowing players the option to display their rank publicly,  but it would be grossly misleading to suggest that the displayed rank indicates a relative level of skill, wisdom, or experience.

There are some very helpful wise players here at NA,  ... but a player of the very highest rank can be useless and misinformed.

Edited by Macjimm

57 minutes ago, Macjimm said:

Respectfully, 

The high rank does not indicate that the player has much experience or wisdom.    The high rank simply means that the player has accumulated XP, nothing more.   There is no issue allowing players the option to display their rank publicly,  but it would be grossly misleading to suggest that the displayed rank indicates a relative level of skill, wisdom, or experience.

There are some very helpful wise players here at NA,  ... but a player of the very highest rank can be useless and misinformed.

I doubt some hardcore players could be considered as "useless and misinformed", all of them have same NA passion, but with different focus.

The mentioned wisdom is rather to be understood as an extended knowledge about NA gameplay, tricks, trading spots, community, RvR update, etc... So many usefull info about NA.  

Most info would tend to be "practical & credible NA advices" from star ranked players .

Cheers

Frog

It really shouldn't be about hours though, I have thousands of hours online but a lot those were spent AFK. But I liked the idea of EXP gained after max rank accumulating and maybe being able to use it redeem some items. Maybe ships or upgrades. 

On 1/18/2020 at 6:22 AM, Rompers said:

I don't know about the PvE server, but when it comes to the PvP server I don't understand why NPC grinding even counts towards achieving high ranks at all. Maybe it makes sense for the lower ranks and for the PvE server, but I have always thought that the top few ranks in the PvP server should only be achievable through actual PvP experience. Even PvP losses or escapes could count to some meaningful extent (experience is experience), so people aren't so damn scared to go out and take chances with PvP. I also like the idea of some kind of special visible accolades (e.g. titles, suffixes, etc) for prolific traders and crafters as well, to get more ships in the water and ships/goods on the market. But encouraging even more brainless zombie NPC grinding? I don't see the benefit.

The PVP server encompasses PVE adn RVR, it is not just PVP, and the game is a lot wider than just PVP. 

• Like 1