Game-Labs Forum

Scuse me, what mission is this?

dbeerewout

Out of curiosity, did you land on the flanks rather than sailing directly up the river? There are three areas (one on the left, right, and middle) that will spawn a large quantity of enemy troops that makes the battle unnecessarily hard. To avoid this, make sure to sail up the river in rowboats. As long as you don't stop, the coastal guns won't be able to hit them.

Taking The Town: I normally engage it from the far left and pile several units onto a single unit in the fortification. The meta is to volley once and then charge which will most likely result in a surrender or a definite rout. Once done engaging the left, move onto each unit within the town and charge them one by one. Note that the ai will never leave its fortifications so you don't really need to engage the one's on the far right and outskirts. Once you've occupied the town, spend some time capturing the remaining units that routed from the town. At this point, you can then move onto the chapel.

Chapel: At the chapel, you should quickly surround it and engage. Remember to volley and fire. If you want to wipe out their reinforcements left, then dedicated a few units to engage them as they cross the ford on the left. Make sure to quickly get rid of their artillery! Once you've killed their reinforcements and taking control of the chapel, you can move on to the final phase.

Run Away: At this point a you are given a supply wagon where and an objective to retreat to. You can immediately run all your units there as there will be no enemies on that side of the map. Once you have captured the point, it is important that you do not lose it or else you will insta fail the mission. Engage the enemy reinforcements as they come in over the river which is a rather straightforward affair. Once the contested timer runs down, you will have won!

Conclusion: I have not played this battle in some time however, this strategy is rather full proof if executed correctly. I was able to complete the mission with only 38 casualties as charging units can be quite op.

Btw the mission is named Snatch.

Hope this helps!

• Like 2

If you look closely at the photo you can see most of the enemies have ship names.

In my play through every time a ship sank surviors just added to my woes.

By joining other ships and bumping up crew numbers.Then when all ships were sunk head for land and park on town .

Which increases land forces.

My one merchant would not hold enough men to counter this.

I recommend buying the Diana merchant for around 27,000.

You will receive three troop slots on the ship allowing me to add 500 men 50 cannon along with my 200 troops from my regular merchant transport.

Row boats up river to town like above post.

You can combine two troops of same type to form division.

Senior officer will take command.

Wish there was a way to make enemy row boats surrender.

Please make row boat path finding better.

When path finding you should be able to make all row boats folllow in straight line behind lead row boat.

Same way the larger vessels do.

Edited by Strategy General

23 hours ago, CajunNavy said:

How do you do this?

Select Two of the same kind of infantry.

Example Drag mouse over Two Marine units.

To the right of the fall back button there is a button with a soldier and a arrow on each side click it.

The two marines will come together to form a division.

Gives you more fire power and staying power.

Try it My friend.

• Like 1

Yeah this mission is an absolute joke. 

I suspect it is bugged.

Run Away: At this point a you are given a supply wagon where and an objective to retreat to. You can immediately run all your units there as there will be no enemies on that side of the map. Once you have captured the point, it is important that you do not lose it or else you will insta fail the mission. Engage the enemy reinforcements as they come in over the river which is a rather straightforward affair. Once the contested timer runs down, you will have won!

This is no longer the case, probably bugged. I got flanked by some 1000 units from the seawards direction. 700 of them are from the merchant ships.

Edited by Bremg

On 1/18/2020 at 12:18 PM, Strategy General said:

Select Two of the same kind of infantry.

Example Drag mouse over Two Marine units.

To the right of the fall back button there is a button with a soldier and a arrow on each side click it.

The two marines will come together to form a division.

Gives you more fire power and staying power.

Try it My friend.

Can you do this with ships?

Knowing is half the battle my friend.

Have fun learning the game.

What you refer to as a division is called a battle line.

If you have more ships than the enemy form two battle lines.

Keeping the enemy line in the middle.

That way you may pound there fleet from both sides at once.

Or cross in front of the enemy battle line.

This is called crossing the  T.

Because it looks like the letter T with the enemy forming the lower half of the letter.

Yeah my first memories of "crossing the T" came about the same time... and it conjured up great scenes in my imagination.... However, it seems as though accomplishing that in this game is underwhelming. I was expecting enemy troops to waver and mast's to crack, but no.