Game-Labs Forum

is this game messing with monitor/desktop freq?

Saliddry

hi i got this game yesterday.. had a LOt of funn playing it for  2-2.5 hours

starting headace after about 1 hour and ending up with puke  and me feeling very very bad for another 2 hours before it got better....

LAST time this happened to me was 8 years ago while i had to work on an OLD  computer with an even older monitor/desktop that was  running with just 20-30 Hz Frequency   normal is 60hz +

there older games where you have to set game freq to desktop settings

im not talking about fps here but the rate at wich a single picture is reproduced per Second... hope i hope i could make clear what i mean

that isnt meant to be an cry  topic but just well not realy fearing to start it again but missing a better word ..felt realy realy ill after that 2 hours

EDIT: changed .single picture is reproduced per Minute

to second

At the moment, I don't believe there is any support for vsync (capping the game frame rate to the monitor's) on NVidia cards at least. If you have a powerful computer your frame  rate is likely to be higher than what your monitor can display. If you have a more modest machine, you may find that you get frame stuttering and variability due to choosing too high a level of detail in the game. You can check your fps on the title bar at the top and can access the graphics settings using Esc and adjust them on the fly.

It might be possible you are getting some sort of motion sickness from the pitching of the waves? You may be able to reduce this by zooming out a little more in sailing mode but you will still have see it in gunnery mode.

I found having the highest quality graphics was giving me a headache while playing, especially with the storm map due to the blurring and motion making me unwell so dropped to the next setting and it got rid. (i have significant issues with motion sickness in games especially blurring games due to eyesight issues, even if you dont pick up on them actually happening, it can be subtle enough to cause issues)

What graphics settings are you using exactly/rig setup? Might be able to find the cause.