Game-Labs Forum
admin

Development plans update - First half of 2020

1 hour ago, Earl of Grey said:

And what If the "dick" comes Out of your own Nation? Its quite common that the slow big ship attempt to board after the small ships chained and damaged the enemy enough. See it at least one times per week that the boarding ship just take the enemys ship and give a f**** to the ships that did 90% of the Work.

But i dont know how to solve this ... 

This would cause more Problems than it would solve and would make the RoEs more un-intuitive and less logic than they are now

I would 100% have everyone's Nation "Flag" in battle stay as their Own Nation.

if a Pirate joined the side of GB, they would still have the Pirate Flag. Green on Green is changed to ONLY apply to players in your own nation. if GB wanted to, they should be allowed to shoot the pirate player without tribunal issues, it isn't their nation after all.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 7

On 1/13/2020 at 10:26 PM, admin said:

Redoutable - Imported ship

Does this mean its a DLC? or some rare ship to acquire?

Edited by Master Sailor

On 1/14/2020 at 2:21 PM, Mad Dog Morgan said:

Unfortunately I expect not, as most think bigger the better, want to fire big broadsides and that small ships are no fun. So the revenue for devs is to release more ships of the line. Add to that the one really good area for small ships (Bahamas)  was ruined by making the Herc, Requin and Surp shallow water. 

Makes sense. I just think it would be better to have more diversity for the lower levels but also great for those that know how to use it. Plus, having more diversity that can compete with reqs and surprises isn't a bad thing, especially if it entices newbies or those that like smaller/faster ships. 

2 hours ago, Master Sailor said:

Does this mean its a DLC? or some rare ship to acquire?

DLC

11 hours ago, Genevieve Malfleurs said:

It´s been a gift. If you do not like it, please have decency to be silent about it.

No because I can comment if I like, you're not my wife. That's my opinion of it. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, rediii said:

Show your shipknowledge in open world. Maybe even change it

Ship knowledge needs to stay with your ship and fleet no matter if you switch them.  So if you switch you have what ever knowledge you set on that ship in port.

12 hours ago, Raekur said:

Due to the latest tribunal can something be done to address a foreign nation from entering a battle between 2 other nations and causing problems? Lets say 3 Russian players attack a Prussian and a pirate joins in on the Russian side with the only intent on attacking the Prussian and stealing the ship. Based on the current rules the Russian players are prevented from taking any action to prevent this. Any attempts by a Russian player to prevent the pirate from boarding the prussian is a violation of the rules as currently set. There is only 2 ways I can see a solution to this issue. So long as a pirate can join either side they should be treated as hostile by both sides and can be engaged by either/both or simply prevent any nation from joining a battle on a side where their nation is not involved. So in the presented example, the only nations that can enter the battle are Russian and Prussian while all other nations (including pirate) must wait until the battle is concluded. So long as the 3rd party is protected by the Green on Green rules they are free to enter a battle and disrupt the engagement with no consequences.

I suggested before that Pirates should be treated as Enemy to all and that would solve this and no need to have outlaw battles.  Just make it so that green on green only effect same nation players.  Other wise all other nations is far game no matter what side they are on.

8 hours ago, Teutonic said:

I would 100% have everyone's Nation "Flag" in battle stay as their Own Nation.

if a Pirate joined the side of GB, they would still have the Pirate Flag. Green on Green is changed to ONLY apply to players in your own nation. if GB wanted to, they should be allowed to shoot the pirate player without tribunal issues, it isn't their nation after all.

I never understood why we couldn't keep out flags.

Than again we still have open cannon ports in OW...never understood why they couldn't just make the OW models with the gun ports shut.

14 hours ago, Mad Dog Morgan said:

Because if there was going to be a reward for backing NA early, it should at least be something decent. Not too much to ask. 

Feel free to redeem and give to me. I like having one in my docks. 

13 hours ago, Angus MacDuff said:

There is another solution that has been proposed before.  That is that you must get permission from the battle participants to join a battle on their side. This would solve many problems with unwanted allies.

Why? The enemy of my enemy and what not. Just keep the flag the actual nation flag of the player, so everyone can decide who to shoot at first.

53 minutes ago, GrubbyZebra said:

Why? The enemy of my enemy and what not. Just keep the flag the actual nation flag of the player, so everyone can decide who to shoot at first.

Except that if that is implemented, i can just join the side that is open and shoot at it because its another nation. It becomes a free for all rumble making sides irrelevant

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BoatyMcBoatFace said:

Except that if that is implemented, i can just join the side that is open and shoot at it because its another nation. It becomes a free for all rumble making sides irrelevant

But doesn't such an outcome fit with the "every nation is at war" mentality of the developers? 

Because of some "dicks"on the own Side you want complete rework the RoE? I bet the complaining like "this 3rd nation guy fought with me an hour, let me do all the work and when i was boarding the enemy He betrayed me, graped me and boarded me himself ..." will be big!

Be sure dicks will suck even more If they have more freedom to do it 😆

Edited by Earl of Grey

Please consider possibility to add stars on the highest player rank.

XP will carry on running, with increasingly large XP amount steps to get a star.

Congratulation for this awesome project outcome.

Frog

• Like 1

Is there going to be a rebalance for some ships? I heard some rebalance patch was due this year but haven't see any confirmed information about it. 

For example:
For Victory, currently much inferior to other first rates but most importantly her speed is completely off from it's historical speed. She was able to sail at 11 knots and was known for being able to out sail and speed away from even the ships in her own fleet. It makes so little sense for her to slower than the Santisima Trinidad. 

The St Pavel and the Indefatigable also need some rebalance please. Indefatigable should not be inferior to the USS Constitution. 

But any information about a rebalance would be appreciated. 

• Like 6

the developers promised us the montanes class ( spanish heavy ship) as a result of winning the survey of what ship we wanted to see in the game

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Earl of Grey said:

Because of some "dicks"on the own Side you want complete rework the RoE? I bet the complaining like "this 3rd nation guy fought with me an hour, let me do all the work and when i was boarding the enemy He betrayed me, graped me and boarded me himself ..." will be big!

Be sure dicks will suck even more If they have more freedom to do it 😆

It wont be an issue if the 3rd nation cant join the battle in the first place. Take a look at the tribunal today where a pair of dutch joined a battle that did not involve a dutch player and permitted a pair of Russians to join. From what the OP mentioned these dutch joined for no other reason then to permit the russians to join the battle. If the OW battles were limited to just the nations involved or those who shared an alliance then things like opening one side so the other side could stack up the BR would not happen. 

• Like 1

Another thing, would it be possible to add more varied sea and weather conditions in battle even if they are not shown graphically in OW? 

Fighting in the same conditions in every battle is a little boring. Is it a possibility to add rough and higher waves inside the battle instance only? Conditions for the battle could be indicated with an icon over the compass in OW without having to represent it visually with game graphics. We already know the engine can do it since it was shown in the early beta, I think it would add a lot more fun to battles. 

• Like 4

@admin Congrats on the Steam award. Looking forward to 2020....at least in virtual world. heh.

On AI, will AI fleets have more variety than 8 Trincs w/ 2 Smalls that roam around at breakneck speed? I keep seeing a bunch of these around and seems a bit silly...especially their 100kn/hr.

• Like 1

Will AI buffs be adjusted to reflect their improvement in behavior?  Because if they retain the buffs they have all while fighting in a manner more akin to a player they will be unstoppable.

Craftable tow

using reals, dubs , vic marks and combats

make them expensive 1 per day craftable and slow some of the inflation

is 9,999,999 still the most reals you can trade with a player ? If so, we're going to need wheelbarrows soon to buy a loaf of bread

• Like 2