Game-Labs Forum

Development plans update - First half of 2020

On 3/6/2020 at 11:21 AM, admin said:

The problem with Portugal = Problem with Poland. Nobody will play for this nation and Portuguese players will be disappointed.
Take Russia for example: Russian players are happy, they post happy reviews resulting in more Russian copies resulting in more Russian players resulting in more happiness. 

6Zl6IGU.png
Why do we need to start unhappy nations? I don't want to make new coming Portuguese players unhappy. 

Most active (traitor) clans play Russia = Happy Zerg

Edited by Audacious

On 3/9/2020 at 11:29 AM, Angus MacDuff said:

Seriously??  Lol.  We sail DIRECTLY into the wind!  It's a game, not a historical simulation and marketing matters.  I have no problem with a Chinese flag (or any other flag) on a historical 1st rate, if it brings more players into the game.  I agree with you that we would not like to see Chinese war junks or the Black Pearl, but @admin has never indicated that was part of the plan. 

Since it's only a game and we are already about to throw all the realism overboard that made this game unique I want a Klingon nation now. With canon balls with tracers. I bet that would attract a lot of players.

Seriously I can't wait for a chinese zerg nation with SOL in the caribbean. I've always dreamed about a game in the age of sails, colonialisation and coalition wars with SOL with chinese flags. We also need the Trafalgar event back but with China vs Russia. We always wanted to enjoy the flair of the big Trafalgar battle with russian and chinese ships. And I think all other players did that too.

Edited by CptEdwardKenway
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 1/13/2020 at 3:26 PM, admin said:

New ships

1. Redoutable - Imported ship
    • (this month subject to Valve Approval)
  2. Implacable - crafted ship
    • (this month)
  3. Wrecker - crafted ship
    • (February)
  4. HMS Victory Classic Edition  - Admiralty Imported Gift ship
    • 1st half of 2020
  5. Rotterdam - Combat Indiaman
    • 1st half of 2020
  6. Gross ventre refit will return this or next month 
  7. Pandora will become available on Steam for purchase

@admin Was wondering what the status was on some of theses.   1/2 we got in game now.   3. Wrecker was Feburary and it's now March?   4/5 first half of 2020.  Hoping to see Rotterdam more middle half than later half that, but any update would be nice.  Glad to see the LGV Refit back, hope the permit drops for me (stupid RNG hates me).   

Thanks

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 2

On 3/6/2020 at 5:21 PM, admin said:

The problem with Portugal = Problem with Poland. Nobody will play for this nation and Portuguese players will be disappointed.
Take Russia for example: Russian players are happy, they post happy reviews resulting in more Russian copies resulting in more Russian players resulting in more happiness. 

6Zl6IGU.png
Why do we need to start unhappy nations? I don't want to make new coming Portuguese players unhappy. 

Alts are inside these numbers or are pure single player?

• Like 1

On 3/12/2020 at 3:37 AM, Sir Texas Sir said:

Glad to see the LGV Refit back, hope the permit drops for me (stupid RNG hates me).   

Getting a little tired of the rng permit drops, which are so rare it just causes inflated prices, or only available from certain very special things or missions, (usually not possible or just extremely difficult for single players) ect. I still would like an answer from @admin why they think the grind MUST be so steep, long and difficult. I am trying to get some of my friends to play NA, but when they are already complaining about the grind that Elite Dangerous has, and they find out it is way worse in here, they won't even try.

Edited by Cathal Brugha
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/12/2020 at 2:37 AM, Sir Texas Sir said:

@admin Was wondering what the status was on some of theses.   1/2 we got in game now.   3. Wrecker was Feburary and it's now March?   4/5 first half of 2020.  Hoping to see Rotterdam more middle half than later half that, but any update would be nice.  Glad to see the LGV Refit back, hope the permit drops for me (stupid RNG hates me).   

Thanks

It’s now April @admin any update?

1. It must solve a specific problem of the majority or reduce negative outcome for the majority.
  2. It must be beneficial for both new and old players
  3. It must not take anything away that players worked hard to get. 

The Diana event was a huge success and would love more content about such. 

What about a trader event with traders roaming around with loots of goodies?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Castello said:

The Diana event was a huge success and would love more content about such. 

What about a trader event with traders roaming around with loots of goodies?

YOU say the Diana event was a success, I say it was a failure.

49 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

It’s now April @admin any update?

It takes true optimism to believe an answer will ever come. I have mostly only seen admin answer when it is a PvP thing and pages of questions and arguments have gone by.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

11 hours ago, rbnhd76 said:

RNG isn't fair in a game I paid irl doubloons for. 

Whats really unfair is the combination of extreme grind (s woods) with extreme rng (ship crafting) it's real fun to first grind weeks for the s woods and than craft an s wood 3/5 no trim.

I don't mind some grind...as long as I know what I am grinding for ...but grinding to pay a lottery ticket ???

Edited by Jan van Santen
  • Like 7

12 hours ago, rbnhd76 said:

RNG isn't fair in a game I paid irl doubloons for. Bring back some system to acquire permits please. I suggest "taking a prize" and giving it to the admiralty for credits toward a permit.

Now that’s a pretty good idea.

Returning a captured ship to the Admiralty could earn some sort of reward which when you get enough, you are awarded a desirable ship note.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Jan van Santen said:

Whats really unfair is the combination of extreme grind (s woods) with extreme rng (ship crafting) it's real fun to first grind weeks for the s woods and than craft an s wood 3/5 no trim.

Exactly

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2020 at 1:52 AM, JDMonster said:

Right, am I the only one who thinks adding more nations is a bad idea?  Some nations are already spread thin, others non existent (see Poland).

Addressing the issue of adding China to the game.  The whole realism debate aside, seeing that 25% of of the playerbase is from China (and who else would play China in a game such as this other than the Chinese), imagine how dominant they will be in game.

25% all in one nation with the remaining 75% split along 11 nations, 10. if you remove Poland.  We'll see the same issue we see now with Russia absolutely dominating the game map, see image below of distribution of ports per nation.

The only way that level of domination would be through in game forced diplomacy, not the wishy washy diplomacy that we see now where even within individual nations certain clans/individuals do their own thing and ignore diplomatic relations.

So if you do add China, what I would like to see is an in game, enforced diplomacy to help counteract one nation dominance.  All voted for based on active players in a nation, regardless of clans.

For instance:

Alliance:  Nations in an alliance cannot attack each other in PVP (PVE is still allowed), all ships (warship or traders) can enter each others ports, and forts of an allied nation will not attack you if you're doing PVE.  Can be dissolved by either side by popular vote of either nations player base.  Leads to a temp NAP between nations for a short period of time, after which it goes to neutral.  If a third party declares war on one of the nations involved, the other nation is NOT dragged into the war automatically, but can vote on it.  If they vote against joining the war, the alliance is dissolved and the two nations cannot enter an alliance or NAP/trade agreement for a period of time.

Non Aggression pact/Trade Agreement:  Players cannot attack each others traders, but only traders can enter each others ports.  PVP between warships is allowed and is recorded by the game for all players of the respective nations to see.  Can be dissolved/enacted by vote, or if enough PVP action occurs then it will go straight to war.

Neutral:  All interactions between players are open, but cannot take hostility missions against another nation.  Raids can still be done though, but with a cooldown.

War:  Hostility missions become available, raids can be carried out whenever, traders cannot enter enemy ports, and if player has assets in an enemy port, they are seized and given to the ports controlling clan.

Clans still have a good amount of power (investments, port control, better organization), but now one clan can't just mess around with diplomacy as easily as before, and one nation dominance will be easier to counteract.  The PVP zone is not affected at all by nation diplomacy.

Edit:  A diplomacy feature would also improve the new player experience, as they'll know who is friendly and where they can go (relatively) safely.

tempsnip.png

TL/DR:  If China is added they will dominate the game even harder than the Russians are right now.  An ingame diplomacy feature would be required to create meaningful interactions between nations that aren't at risk of being ruined due to one clan/individuals issues.

Great suggestion you made +1

Looks to me very well fleshed out :) 

But i could live even with the reimplantation of the old voting system we already had in place in EA !

Was much much better than the backdoor and dark chambers "diplomacy" we face now...and the Prolific Forger DLC makes todays way even worser

• Like 1

I think that better solution would be to give up the whole nation idea. Let ai be historical nations and make all players pirates; of course Chinese, Russian or whatever nation pirates. This way game becomes focused on clans not nations. And there's rather unlikely that one clan will dominate half of the map.

On 3/12/2020 at 8:37 AM, Sir Texas Sir said:

Thanks

apparently we will never get an answer about the wrecker. so much for credibility. They prefer to be silent before they come out with an answer

• Like 2