Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Angus MacDuff said:

You can make several million in an hour with some TBrigs. 

Are you  using 2 or 3 ships in fleet?  I've been unable to find a TBrig route where I can make 3 million plus every hour.  Please PM me and let me in on your secret.

Thats 66 million daily for long sessions playing NA.  Enough for 6 upgraded ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Macjimm said:

Are you  using 2 or 3 ships in fleet?  I've been unable to find a TBrig route where I can make 3 million plus every hour.  Please PM me and let me in on your secret.

Thats 66 million daily for long sessions playing NA.  Enough for 6 upgraded ships.

It's not hard. Find the most expensive items in the map and check which port drop them, preferably choosing ports that aren't in the top richest ports from tax so there's less competition. Check which ports buy those goods and plan the most effective route according to distance/wind change/risk from all the ports that are available to sell at. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Nobody needs to be poor.  You can make several million in an hour with some TBrigs.  You just have to find the right trade route.

Only if your on early and buy up all the good items to trade.  I noticed hardly anything is left in shops when I get home from work and online. I have a few items i can pick up but it's scrapping the barrel.  The guys making the millions are prob on all the time or getting the good items when they drop before very one else is.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, admin said:

Inflation is only a problem when the costs rise with inflation as well. 
If basic goods are stable - and expensive goods go up in price its not an inflation

Cost of oak and iron and coal and a lot of other resources is fixed.

oh i love that communism :PP

Edited by Despe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Never said:

It's not hard. Find the most expensive items in the map and check which port drop them, preferably choosing ports that aren't in the top richest ports from tax so there's less competition. Check which ports buy those goods and plan the most effective route according to distance/wind change/risk from all the ports that are available to sell at. 

Thanks for the tips Never.  I'm still skeptical that it is easy for everyone to sail TBrigs and make more than 3 million per hour continuously by trading Goods from the Shops.

 

Edited by Macjimm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Macjimm said:

Thanks for the tips Never.  I'm still skeptical that it is easy for everyone to sail TBrigs and make more than 3 million per hour continuously by trading Goods from the Shops.

 

3 million in profit with T brigs in 1 hour is quite unlikely, impossible I'd say. In total sold amount including costs of buying the goods, maybe... but still not 'easy' and still quite unlikely. You'd have to be trading some of the most expensive goods in the map and I don't know who would put such expensive trade goods on 4 T brigs. The most expensive goods sell between 45k and 50k. 4 T brigs can carry 17x4= 68 total trade goods. 68x50 000= 3.4m 

Some good trade goods can net you about 15k per good in a short route but that adds up to about 1m per 4 T brigs, in profit. If you could make that route in 20 minutes, I guess it is technically possible to earn 3m in 1 hour. But usually those routes and ports tend to be the most competitive and a lot of people are trying to snatch the best trade goods.

It's certainly not easy to grab many of the most expensive goods and definitely not a thing you can count on all the time. If you were using 4 T brigs you would probably want some form of escort, otherwise you'd be easy prey for even the smallest raiding ships. 

You also have to consider that some players have alt accounts fully dedicated to grabbing and hauling the most expensive trade goods in the best routes, so for just any average player, it might be a little difficult to compete with very dedicated players. Some of those players I would bet have their trade accounts running all day just refreshing the trade good tab, grabbing trade goods as soon as they drop. 

So technically a lot of things are possible but how easy they are to do is very relative. 

What is true in my experience, is that there are plenty of untapped or not very competitive trade routes and that relatively safe to trade in, even without escort. But they most likely won't be for the best trade goods. Specially shallow trade ports tend to be less competitive because people prefer to haul their trade goods in Indiaman, some players at least won't bother with shallow routes cause they take more time/effort to make a profit from them; and T brigs are more vulnerable to raiding than Indiaman. 

Edited by Never
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As per usual there is the elastic term of "profit per run". It is a misnomer. 

 

It might take you days or even weeks to stockpile enough of a rare good to have that 2 3 4 5 6 7 whatever million 1 hour run! but people dont tell you that when they tell their stories. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BoatyMcBoatFace said:

It might take you days or even weeks to stockpile enough of a rare good to have that 2 3 4 5 6 7 whatever million 1 hour run! but people dont tell you that when they tell their stories. 

Thanks for adding this to the conversation. 

 Was beginning to wonder about these secret, easy, T Brig-trade-runs that spit out over 3 million per hour, every hour, all day long.  I've noticed that the highest profit Goods are not always available to buy.  Sounds like others can't always find them also.

Perhaps these secret runs are myths.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, BoatyMcBoatFace said:

As per usual there is the elastic term of "profit per run". It is a misnomer. 

 

It might take you days or even weeks to stockpile enough of a rare good to have that 2 3 4 5 6 7 whatever million 1 hour run! but people dont tell you that when they tell their stories. 

Except players with alts doesn't sit in port and wait. They (and I know 'cuz I'm one of them) log into their alts, buy trading goods, play on their main and then occasionally check their alts for more trading goods.. Atm I have 300+ madagascar jewels, I have a shitton of silver ingots, and I got a lot of bavarian weath that I'll most likely never going to bother sailing anyway...

Trading goods should be craftable, ingredients mined and refined into craftable goods. That way it would actually require effort to make millions.. Atm I make millions by sitting on my ass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Macjimm said:

Thanks for adding this to the conversation. 

 Was beginning to wonder about these secret, easy, T Brig-trade-runs that spit out over 3 million per hour, every hour, all day long.  I've noticed that the highest profit Goods are not always available to buy.  Sounds like others can't always find them also.

Perhaps these secret runs are myths.

 

9 minutes ago, Koveras said:

Except players with alts doesn't sit in port and wait. They (and I know 'cuz I'm one of them) log into their alts, buy trading goods, play on their main and then occasionally check their alts for more trading goods.. Atm I have 300+ madagascar jewels, I have a shitton of silver ingots, and I got a lot of bavarian weath that I'll most likely never going to bother sailing anyway...

Trading goods should be craftable, ingredients mined and refined into craftable goods. That way it would actually require effort to make millions.. Atm I make millions by sitting on my ass.

I will roll both into one post as they are quite related. The thing about alts or non alts is irrelevant. What is taking place is goods sniping. You can sit in port all day long and try to snipe but there's probably 10 other people doing the same. At the end, you might see the item but by the time you get to buy it half a second later, its already gone. So now you wait. and wait. Until next drop. Repeat. Eventually you get a chunk of it, maybe 20 units. Awesome. You need 120+ to fill your traders, 160 if you run without sextant. 

 

So by the time you get the 4 boats full to make that glorious run, you have spent how many days on end sniping goods from other people doing the same? You might be upset once you look at it that way. And to top it off, you now have to get the actual run done. Without having some friendly "enemy player" getting in the way. This is 100x more of a danger if you are alting and trying to move stuff deep from enemy territory into friendly. Often, its actually impossible for anything other than a tlynx. 

 

Personal example. For a hot commodity i have managed to purchase 60 units in the past 2 weeks sniping the port where it drops. And i pretty religiously look for it. But i know from my own clan alone at least 3 other people are doing the same at that port. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, BoatyMcBoatFace said:

 

I will roll both into one post as they are quite related. The thing about alts or non alts is irrelevant. What is taking place is goods sniping. You can sit in port all day long and try to snipe but there's probably 10 other people doing the same. At the end, you might see the item but by the time you get to buy it half a second later, its already gone. So now you wait. and wait. Until next drop. Repeat. Eventually you get a chunk of it, maybe 20 units. Awesome. You need 120+ to fill your traders, 160 if you run without sextant. 

 

So by the time you get the 4 boats full to make that glorious run, you have spent how many days on end sniping goods from other people doing the same? You might be upset once you look at it that way. And to top it off, you now have to get the actual run done. Without having some friendly "enemy player" getting in the way. This is 100x more of a danger if you are alting and trying to move stuff deep from enemy territory into friendly. Often, its actually impossible for anything other than a tlynx. 

 

Personal example. For a hot commodity i have managed to purchase 60 units in the past 2 weeks sniping the port where it drops. And i pretty religiously look for it. But i know from my own clan alone at least 3 other people are doing the same at that port. 

I get that glorious run twice a day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BoatyMcBoatFace said:

Are you using non human assistance to snipe would be my next question... that i shouldnt be asking but you seem to adamant to double up

Nope, simply having an alt in each of the trading hubs, drops goods - pick them up and every day I have 2 trips making 5-8 millions a round trip..

2ez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

docking fees , every time you dock into a port a small fee goes to the Port owning clan was always something i thought could work well to help painlessly shift some of the wealth around

but on another note, what is the maximum you can trade another player ? for a ship for example. If that amount is too low, then a problem will arise sooner or later

 

 I have asked in the past for consumables ( rum , reps )to be removed from the items that magically appear hourly and leave the players and the market to fill the gap or stop letting upgrades be shifted around risk free

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, admin said:

we should think for everyone and the little guy too. As a result we actually increased the supply of trading goods 2 days ago in the hotfix (by at least 65% across all price categories) , more trading = more pvp and more money. (including a side effect of more privateering). New group of trading goods that will spawn in non capital towns is coming too - to encourage sailing around and looking for deals.

I like the sound of this.

This hopefully will encourage players to sail round round looking for good deals.

It could well encourage more PVP. As players wil sail round looking to find traders with expensive cargo.

The game should become better. If players feel it is worth sailing further afield rather than the huge clusters of players that just spend everyday in the same areas. Though of course. It is their choice.

Cheers 🍻

Edited by contact
Error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, admin said:

we should think for everyone and the little guy too. As a result we actually increased the supply of trading goods 2 days ago in the hotfix (by at least 65% across all price categories) , more trading = more pvp and more money. (including a side effect of more privateering). New group of trading goods that will spawn in non capital towns is coming too - to encourage sailing around and looking for deals.

Those are great news, Sir!

May I ask when is the new update coming? My family couldn´t buy me the new ship for Christmas and I got a scarf instead (between you and me, it´s not the same)-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Only if your on early and buy up all the good items to trade.  I noticed hardly anything is left in shops when I get home from work and online. I have a few items i can pick up but it's scrapping the barrel.  The guys making the millions are prob on all the time or getting the good items when they drop before very one else is.  

It’s random. If you’re at sea all the time you’ll miss a lot of drops. Trading, due to lack of contract buy(good and bad, at least it allows the little guy to theoretically snipe the good stuff) requires you to estimate when things will drop, and spend thousands of doubloons a week hopping around checking. Making GOOD money through trading is a full time job. 

Unless you’re in Sweden/Denmark

the region system and smaller pop numbers makes it easier to turn those massive profit numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the current system a lot. I can do one or two long trade runs per week or several shorter runs, and this finance ship crafting and normal expenses (buying upgrades, repairs form players in ports/free towns mostly) through out the rest of the week. So I get a lot more time for PvE and PvP. Before this change I was forced to trade-grind every day to avoid bankruptcy and that was getting really tedious..

I have noticed that prices has gone up for cartagena tar, copper ingots, swedish carpenter and rum in general, but I'm still doing considerably less trading then I did before the change, so it's all good imo. 

Respons to OP point 3 (ignoring 1 and 2 :P ):
The most profitable ports are normally owned by RvR clans and you need to consider this: 1 tool cost 3000 reals to make, and to craft 1 seasoned wood you need 1 tool. So crafting seasoned woods is an extreme cost. 1 L'Ocean in seasoned wood is going to cost around 14M reals to craft with out profit. When seasoned ships in RvR is the new norm, RvR clans with ships made of normal wood are at a major disadvantage.
You also have to consider the defence timer cost. To protect a profitable port (or a nation for that mater) having a defence timer on just that port is not enough. You need a buffer zone/frontline, so defence timers are placed on surrounding ports that normally do not make a profit. So big nation needs to make a lot of profit to cover the cost of timers on frontline ports.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tiedemann said:

 

Respons to OP point 3 (ignoring 1 and 2 :P😞
The most profitable ports are normally owned by RvR clans and you need to consider this: 1 tool cost 3000 reals to make, and to craft 1 seasoned wood you need 1 tool. So crafting seasoned woods is an extreme cost. 1 L'Ocean in seasoned wood is going to cost around 14M reals to craft with out profit. When seasoned ships in RvR is the new norm, RvR clans with ships made of normal wood are at a major disadvantage.
 

That's a valid point but also a point that shows that new players has no real way into the game unless they get into already established clans. This can ofc be a deliberate choice by devs but as it is - a new player starting out and want to try his hand(s) in RvR will be facing "I-lose" scenarios across the board due to port bonus' and seasoned woods actively restricting the amount of players capable/willing to do RvR, reducing the amount of battles in the process.

I'm not really an RvR player but even I have seasoned wood ships for hunting - it's only a question of grinding a few more reals and where does this leave the casual player? - At "I-lose" scenarios accepting that the game is anything but skill based and active participation is dependant to a large extent on alts, and ofc. access to crafting ports.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, John Cavanaugh said:

Making GOOD money through trading is a full time job. 

See this was my point.  I all read have a full time job so can’t be on 24/7 to get all them good deals.  So we are left with the scrapping of the barrel and not making millions a run like those with no real lives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no I am against your idea, and if it is put into play I will be more broke than I am, after the nerf of the delivery missions I practically stopped playing as before, for me there is no profit to compensate and only expenses.

Edited by EliotXII

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Macjimm said:

Thanks for the tips Never.  I'm still skeptical that it is easy for everyone to sail TBrigs and make more than 3 million per hour continuously by trading Goods from the Shops.

 

It wont be continuous, because you will empty the shelves in an hour.  3 million in an hour (once per day) from a specific port is very doable.  Have a few port like that...

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

See this was my point.  I all read have a full time job so can’t be on 24/7 to get all them good deals.  So we are left with the scrapping of the barrel and not making millions a run like those with no real lives.

I do two runs a week up to st George Town and back. If I was lucky with buying goods it’s 5kk round trip. If it’s just medicinal or coconut fibers about 3kk

but those coconut fibers are almost always available. 

By good money I mean the 90 million a trip @Redman29 does

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2020 at 3:51 PM, Angus MacDuff said:

Tax the rich!  The more money you have in your wallet...the more tax you pay.

I'm agree but is possible to have also a way to evade to pay taxes? 

😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, John Cavanaugh said:

I do two runs a week up to st George Town and back. If I was lucky with buying goods it’s 5kk round trip. If it’s just medicinal or coconut fibers about 3kk

but those coconut fibers are almost always available. 

By good money I mean the 90 million a trip @Redman29 does

Again full time job, what is that 3-4 hour sail there and back?   Also I can't find anything that makes profit like that in Dutch lands that won't send me to the gulf or US Coast line so your going have to travel through a lot of dangerous waters when your going to island that is probly hardly used during your time of play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...