Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Hotfix for Port Battle Ratings

Recommended Posts

Hotfix will be deployed today 10th Jan to fix BR differences for Raider port battles

  • Port BR changes
    • 5000 Battle ratings ports are now 5700
    • 10000 Battle ratings ports are now 10600
    • Nassau PVE PB bug fixed - BR Changed to 2900
  • Ship BR changes
    • Trincomalee BR 270 to 260
    • Endymion BR changed from 280 to 270
    • Indiaman BR changed from 150 to 140
    • Pavel BR changed from 550 to 540


Yesterday hotfix addressed the Nassau Raider routes in port battles and slightly increased spawns of trading resources.
 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Community: "We want lower BR for port battles"

Devs: *increases them*

Well actually I guess we want limited pb to a rate.  Like the PZ. Some ports are only for 5th rates some only for 2nd rates etc. Not sure if lowering the Br will help. Only that nation x can bring more ships to screen than nation y 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Community: "We want lower BR for port battles"

Devs: *increases them*

You are not the Community, you are only a small part of it ...

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lukas97Austria said:

Well actually I guess we want limited pb to a rate.  Like the PZ. Some ports are only for 5th rates some only for 2nd rates etc. Not sure if lowering the Br will help. Only that nation x can bring more ships to screen than nation y 

Actually I should say I want that instead of we.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Earl of Grey said:

You are not the Community, you are only a small part of it ...

Gregory, like some others, has good contact with many clan leaders from all nations, which covers large part of the community. 

 

I didn't hear yet anyone, who is active in planning rvr, to ask for an increased br in PB. Many ask for low br. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, vazco said:

Gregory, like some others, has good contact with many clan leaders from all nations, which covers large part of the community. 

 

I didn't hear yet anyone, who is active in planning rvr, to ask for an increased br in PB. Many ask for low br. 

 

Maybe you missed the thread in "suggestions" ? It seems to me Gregory was pretty lonely with his wish ...

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Earl of Grey said:

Maybe you missed the thread in "suggestions" ? It seems to me Gregory was pretty lonely with his wish ...

 

You should see the other dozen or so. Not looking very hard are ya?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, admin said:

Hotfix will be deployed today 10th Jan to fix BR differences for Raider port battles

  • Port BR changes
    • 5000 Battle ratings ports are now 5700
    • 10000 Battle ratings ports are now 10600
    • Nassau PVE PB bug fixed - BR Changed to 2900
  • Ship BR changes
    • Trincomalee BR 270 to 260
    • Endymion BR changed from 280 to 270
    • Indiaman BR changed from 150 to 140
    • Pavel BR changed from 550 to 540


Yesterday hotfix addressed the Nassau Raider routes in port battles and slightly increased spawns of trading resources.
 

@admin can you give a reason for why you change these BR's? it really makes minimal change for rvr and pvp, and is this your opinion or is it someone in the community that have suggested this?

What will happen is that people will still use christian over 3rd rates in rvr and bring 1 more christian into port battles. So i really dont get your point with this change

Edited by erelkivtuadrater

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

can you give a reason for why you change these BR's?

This is written in @admin post:

3 hours ago, admin said:

to fix BR differences for Raider port battles

So, as I think, they were fixing NPC Raiders and for this changed BR of both ports and some ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I find the Pavel to be better than the buccentuare. Frigate I like too more than suprise or essex, it's a great ship, shame its not shallow but hey still good. Mercury is cool with carros.

3rd rate is terribly pointless.

Tbh I find noone truly tries these ships. No idea why people think they are so bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i like actual BR limits sistem, you can play battles with little, medium and large fleets.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Despe said:

i like actual BR limits sistem, you can play battles with little, medium and large fleets.

The thing is that big ships are the preferred choice though.

Who wins?

4 ocean 3600 BR vs 9 Wasa

4 oceans vs 7 Bellonas

4 ocean 3600 BR vs 6 christians

6 christians 3600 vs 9 wasa

 

Etc... Highest value is big ships. Which is historical accurate but not helpfull in NA.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Instead of fixing the poor useless pavel, his BR gets lowered.

Also first rates, specially santi and ocean, will still be the prefered choice as their BR is more efficient than the third rates. Those ships should have a higher BRs, as suggested in the rvr thread so more third rates will finally make an appareance in pb fleets instead of oceans, santis and chritians.

@admin is adding three new third rates but right now, judging by the pics in national news, 74 gunners arent really used in PBs. There must be a reason for that.

 

totally agree, the BR on the 1st rates and 2nd rates are way to low to justify that they have over 50% more broadside lb, HP and higher thickness then the heaviest 3rd rate (bellona).

Christian is basically a slightly smaller victory so shouldnt be any less br then bucentaure atleast, while they should have increased their br by abit anyway

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, admin said:

slightly increased spawns of trading resources.

resources for crafting mods too? or not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, admin said:

fix BR differences for Raider port battles

😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

It is really very difficult to find the balance, I really liked the br when it was different in each port, because it gave a lot of dynamism to the battles, but I also have to recognize that when we put the low br, it implies that the battles always enter same players, with the exception of some exceptions we are always seeing the same battles with the same players. It is my humble opinion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps the answer would be to limit the vessels to 1, or 2 according to which ports. You can put a br of 5000 but only be able to take 2 first and 4 seconds or some idea based on this path

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, admin said:

....

Yesterday hotfix addressed the Nassau Raider routes in port battles and slightly increased spawns of trading resources.
 

... good that work on it is still going on.

But the layout of some raids also leaves something to be desired. In some ports, the target circles are outside or on the border of the join circle. If we have headwind from the beginning, it will be difficult to reach them, even impossible to intercept the raiders before they have reached them.

I would like to remind you that for us a lot depends on it and it is not fun to lose the effort of months because of something like that. Especially on the PVE server, where clans usually only have one port and where each port will attacked at some point.

Here one example:

Mitara.thumb.jpg.be3e1d77d24f8c4bbf7eb0b8975a4c5d.jpg

Edited by Holm Hansen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rediii said:

The thing is that big ships are the preferred choice though.

Who wins?

4 ocean 3600 BR vs 9 Wasa

4 oceans vs 7 Bellonas

4 ocean 3600 BR vs 6 christians

6 christians 3600 vs 9 wasa

 

Etc... Highest value is big ships. Which is historical accurate but not helpfull in NA.

if i play in that PB wins always the opposite side :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem with PB is not a BR issue. It is more the missing water depth that favours the biggest ships.

I hope the devs will somehow implement that in the game.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, admin said:

 

  • Ship BR changes
    • Trincomalee BR 270 to 260
    • Endymion BR changed from 280 to 270
    • Indiaman BR changed from 150 to 140
    •  

why a 12pd frigate like L'hermione has 220Br in a shot weight based dmg system. She would need a reduction too.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, z4ys said:

why a 12pd frigate like L'hermione has 220Br in a shot weight based dmg system. She would need a reduction too.

they also need to take into account the Health Pools, its 2k difference in hp between l'hermione and trinc :S.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...