Game-Labs Forum
Gregory Rainsborough

Willemstad Gazette

9 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Fun thing about period gazettes is sometimes the propaganda, and given the name of this publications - Willemstad Gazette - one can easily identify it as being a "most probably not all facts are accurate but does it matter ?"

I mean... a tunnel being dug under the channel and a air fleet coming soaring above, so Nappy will invade England was posted on some back in the day.

Image result for napoleon invasion of england illustration

:D

Good job Captains. This is far more interesting and entertaining, for me, than other "drama news" threads.

Aye, I've made no secret that I'm writing from the Dutch perspective for a Dutch audience :)

• Like 1

The idea is brilliant, but not well executed, sometimes. A real journalist would know that spreading fake news and non-super partes sentences is not an optimal way of writing news.

On the other hand, you're not a real journalist (I suppose), and this is a game. But still, many things were inaccurate (or deliberately manipulated in order to seem more swedish-friendly).

I liked very much the other "episodes" of the Willemstad Gazette, but unfortunately today some articles were not enjoyable due to excessive propaganda. 
I got a suggestion for you: how about "interviewing" someone from the other side too, in order to share both points of view, and try to write an "impartial" newspaper (or something close to it)? Otherwise.. it only appears to be something written to keep swedes (your overlords?) friendly, since they're doing the dirty job for you!

Keep going, I'm sure next week (is it weekly, now?) it'll be better.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Aye, I've made no secret that I'm writing from the Dutch perspective for a Dutch audience :)

Very realistic new reporting, so I guess the Gazette is like the Fox News of NA. Presenting this as if they were reported facts while it's actually an opinion piece. 

2 minutes ago, Captain FrosT said:

The idea is brilliant, but not well executed, sometimes. A real journalist would know that spreading fake news and non-super partes sentences is not an optimal way of writing news.

On the other hand, you're not a real journalist (I suppose), and this is a game. But still, many things were inaccurate (or deliberately manipulated in order to seem more swedish-friendly).

I liked very much the other "episodes" of the Willemstad Gazette, but unfortunately today some articles were not enjoyable due to excessive propaganda. 
I got a suggestion for you: how about "interviewing" someone from the other side too, in order to share both points of view, and try to write an "impartial" newspaper (or something close to it)? Otherwise.. it only appears to be something written to keep swedes (your overlords?) friendly, since they're doing the dirty job for you!

Keep going, I'm sure next week (is it weekly, now?) it'll be better.

Why don't you write up your view of the state of affairs and seek to publish it in the Gazette?

• Like 6

You are more than welcome to pop onto our Discord to share your point of view. I am a diplomat in the British Discord and I'm simply relaying what I see and hear, both from Sweden and GB.

Is there is any specific point of fact you contest?

2 minutes ago, Never said:

Very realistic new reporting, so I guess the Gazette is like the Fox News of NA. Presenting this as if they were reported facts while it's actually an opinion piece. 

Yeah because anything that you don't agree with has to be "Fox News"

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Still less biased than Jeheil’s pro-SLRN circle jerk. 

Willemstad  Gazette 4 a good read and working alternative version as well.

it was:  spot on.

excellent .

i certainly hope some other nations share their vision and journalist very soon to the news paper (if they possess any ....lol) 

many have comments but no real content to share it seems .

Edited by Thonys

5 hours ago, Suppenkelle said:

Why don't you write up your view of the state of affairs and seek to publish it in the Gazette?

exactly.

crying fools yelling "BIASED" are also the ones that don't want to write anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I am surprised that the losses of Dutch ports to the U.S has not been mentioned as they have mentioned the Prussians many times during the latest Gazette release. This is truly biased journalism because he isn't telling the true state of affairs that the dutch are dealing with. They are losing to both the U.S which should be in the news as a nation coming back to being a major player in the world and Prussia which is also staking its claim in the world.

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, U.S. Fact Checker said:

I am surprised that the losses of Dutch ports to the U.S has not been mentioned as they have mentioned the Prussians many times during the latest Gazette release. This is truly biased journalism because he isn't telling the true state of affairs that the dutch are dealing with. They are losing to both the U.S which should be in the news as a nation coming back to being a major player in the world and Prussia which is also staking its claim in the world.

US nightflip our ports and win empty port battles.

No-one cares about losing those ports.

The only time the Dutch did contest you lost and lost hard.

You are kidding yourself if you think anyone respects the US any more for what you've done lol

6 hours ago, U.S. Fact Checker said:

They are losing to both the U.S which should be in the news as a nation coming back to being a major player in the world and Prussia which is also staking its claim in the world.

• Like 2

On 1/22/2020 at 8:07 AM, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Yeah because anything that you don't agree with has to be "Fox News"

I don't disagree with it, it's simply made up 'facts'

Need a Christiansted Daily, a Port Royal Magazine, etc.

That way everyone can make up facts :) and overall a lot of interesting "age of sail" NA periodics to entertain the populace.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

US nightflip our ports and win empty port battles.

*night flip ports when you set US evening timers.  Be sure to clarify that point for everyone.

And you've been setting evening timers (with that other obviously US based clan PRIV) because you can't beat the Russian or Prussian fleets taking your ports during EU times and you're trying to timer dodge.  Now that you're losing ports in the 3-6 range....you've gone back to the 11-14 one.  

Just so everyone is on the same page here    😉

Edited by Mouth of Sauron
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Mouth of Sauron said:

*night flip ports when you set US evening timers.  Be sure to clarify that point for everyone.

The ports they flip are still empty.

When was the last time VCO/VSC took a contested port during US time? Asking for a friend, his name is King of Crowns.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mouth of Sauron said:

And you've been setting evening timers (with that other obviously US based clan PRIV) because you can't beat the Russian or Prussian fleets taking your ports during EU times and you're trying to timer dodge.  Now that you're losing ports in the 3-6 range....you've gone back to the 11-14 one.  

Just so everyone is on the same page here    😉

Bit like those Russian ports whose timers have slowly been getting later and later eh?

7 hours ago, U.S. Fact Checker said:

The US can't "come back" as a major player in RvR..

7 hours ago, U.S. Fact Checker said:

remember that making a full color newspaper cost doubloons :)

a free copy cost nothing (not the extended political version)

information that goes deeper into things cost doubloonies

I am already waiting for the next subscription ....lol

1 hour ago, TDK said:

The ports they flip are still empty.

When was the last time VCO/VSC took a contested port during US time? Asking for a friend, his name is King of Crowns.

Frozen Cay a little after the xmas truce.  We also defended (unsuccessfully) Fort Dauphin a week or 2 ago vs @rediii and the boys and before the great peace of the caymans we defended Cayman Brac usually once or twice a week by the likes of @Shocktrooper Basteyy.  Not to mention La Anguilla defense 2 nights ago.  So we're occasionally active at night, but not frequently.  Which suits us just fine.  We have grizzly bears to hunt in Red Dead 2.  

KoC is welcome to cmon back and fight us over in the bahamas.  The last one we had vs him at Deadman's was a good battle.  

57 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Bit like those Russian ports whose timers have slowly been getting later and later eh?

You mean the 2 ports we own?  We actually had to bump them back because we can't all be on that early.  We defend our later timers.  Not hide behind them.

Edited by Mouth of Sauron
  • Like 1

Well I as Russian enjoy reading it. I would interview my nation and share some stuff. But I think it's more common to keep things silence. Or they don't like to share ideas/allies/cooperation/informations  etc.   

• Sad 1

On 1/23/2020 at 2:39 PM, Mouth of Sauron said:

You mean the 2 ports we own?  We actually had to bump them back because we can't all be on that early.  We defend our later timers.  Not hide behind them.

I'm referring to those REDS timers that have been steadily heading into your timezone.

Good edition, perfectly summing up the VP position about sunday trading hours 😡